Yamaha AVENTAGE Series 9.2 Channel Black AV Network Home Theater Receiver, Model RXA2010BL
The RX-A2010 AVENTAGE AV Receiver features HQV Vida video processing, new YPAO with R.S.C (Reflected Sound Control), networking capabilities, DLNA 1.5 and Windows 7, AV Controller App compatible with iPhone and Android devices, web browser control, HD Radio with iTunes tagging, 8-HDMI inputs (one on front panel) and 2-HDMI simultaneous outputs with 3D and Audio Return Channel. Front panel USB direct digital connection for iPhone/iPod, on-screen GUI, HD Audio decoding with Cinema DSP 3D surround with or without Front Presence Speakers, SCENE PLUS, Zone 2/3 Video output (component, S-Video and composite) with Zone on-screen GUI, Receiver Manager software and RS-232C interface for custom installation.
- AVENTAGE AV Receivers:
The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality, from materials and parts to construction, layout, vibration damping (unique foot) and “fine-tuning” the sound, is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every AVENTAGE model has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound, so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
- Anti Resonance Technology Wedge:
The Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge is a fifth foot in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers. This elimination or reduction of vibration provides an audible increase in sound quality throughout the AVENTAGE Series.
- Aluminum Front Panel
All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic energy generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
- H-shaped Cross Member Frame
The interior of the receiver is reinforced with cross members in an H shape to provide an extremely rigid and stable frame. This reduces chassis vibration to virtually zero even during high volume output (seemingly even minor vibrations can affect the sound), maintaining the highest audio quality.
- Symmetrical Power Amplifier Layout
This is just one of the many design details that all combine to create a superior receiver. The interior of the unit has been precisely planned, circuit-routed and built so that the left and right channels are physically and electrically isolated. This naturally maximizes channel separation, but also greatly improves signal to noise ratio and helps to achieve a wide, open sound stage.
- High Quality Parts Allow Sound Tuning for Optimum Performance
Each part inside of an AV receiver affects the sound quality. For the AVENTAGE models, extra time was spent to find and develop optimized parts, which were then extensively tested in prototype units. This testing process allowed our sound technicians to effectively “tune” the receiver’s sound to achieve the highest performance possible.
- DTS NEO: 6 (New)
In this format, the back surround channel is matrix encoded into the left and right surround channels. For playback, the three channels are separately decoded
- HQV Vida Video Processor For High Quality HD and SD Images
This AV receiver optimizes the video signals sent to the TV by using the most advanced HQV (Hollywood Quality Video) Vida processor. Supporting both SD and HD sources, this processor employs powerful noise reduction functions that even improve low-quality sources. Additional resolution enhancement functions make SD content look like HD
- HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
- Analog and HDMI Video Upscaling to Full HD 1080p
The RX-A2010 will upscale video signals up to 1080p. HDTVs capable of 720p, 1080i or 1080p resolution can provide more detailed picture.
- Network Functions
The RX-A2010 provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet Radio, Pandora, Rhapsody, Sirius XM and Napster, and use a Web Browser Control. The AV Controller app lets you control various functions from your iPhone, iPad or Android device.
- AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
The AVENTAGE AV Receivers including the RX-A2010 let you use the Yamaha AV Controller app, a free download from the iTunes App Store or Android Market to control power on/off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPhone, iPad and other iOS devices or with an Android device.
- USB Digital Connection for iPod and iPhone on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel of the RX-A2010 allows convenient connection of an iPod/iPhone, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control unit to operate the iPod/iPhone music playback functions.
- YPAO-R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Sound Optimization
YPAO-R.S.C. analyzes room acoustics and performs speaker angle measurements, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of several listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
- SCENE PLUS for Extra-Convenience
The SCENE PLUS function simplifies operation by providing one touch power-on along with selection of the desired source and the appropriate DSP programs. SCENE PLUS offers a choice of 12 SCENE selections, four of which can be assigned to the second zone in a multi-zone system. SCENE PLUS can be selected from the front panel, remote control, on-screen GUI and even from the AV Controller App for iPhone or Android devices.
- HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like Skip and Stop.
*All connected devices must be HDMI CEC compatible. Some CEC compatible TVs/players may not work.
- Input Selection in HDMI Standby Through Mode
When the AV receiver is in HDMI Standby Through mode, the input source (Blu-ray™ Disc player, game console, etc.) for viewing on the monitor can be changed via the remote control. There’s no need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch sources
- Advanced On-Screen GUI
Yamaha’s latest Graphical User Interface (GUI) has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable Status Bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of six languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian and Spanish, and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures
- Intelligent Amp Assign
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 9.2-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 9.2 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two Surround Back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 7.2 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Rear Presence speakers will be powered and not the two Surround Back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there’s no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver—one more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier.
- HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and 9.2-Channel Sound
CINEMA DSP 3D envelops you with a high, wide and dense soundscape. Add to this HD audio format decoding for enjoying HD sources and 9.2-channel capability, and you have a surround sound system that will make the sounds of movies and concerts come alive in your room.
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialogue and vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials, and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
- Versatile Zone Control
- Zone 2/3 on/off and control on front panel
- Zone GUI (song/station select, album cover art display, Zone tone controls/Zone balance, short message)
- Zone 2/3 video assign (Component, S-Video, Composite)
- System Backup / Recovery function
- Multi-channel output in main Zone plus 2-channel HDMI output in a second Zone
- Zone mono, Zone volume, tone controls and balance
- Party mode
- Low Standby Power Consumption
Auto Power Down lets you save energy by selecting to turn off the power after 4, 8 or 12 hours.
- 9-channel powerful surround sound
- 140W per Channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.06 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- 155W per Channel (8 ohms, 1 kHz, 0.9 % THD, 2 ch driven)
- HD Audio format decoding: Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio; Dolby Digital Plus and DTS-HD High Resolution Audio
- Rigid chassis with additional bottom frames
- Heat sink with anti-vibration and anti-thermal properties
- DAC on Pure Ground circuitry
- High speed thermal feedback power amplifier
- Ultra Low Jitter PLL circuitry helps optimize sound imaging
- Detachable Power Cable for easier installation (also allows cable upgrade)
- Intelligent assignable amplifiers for Surround Back - Rear Presence or Zone 2/3
- 1080p-compatible HDMI: 8 inputs (1 on front) and 2 outputs (simultaneous)
- Supports Deep Color (30/36 bit), x.v.Color, 24Hz Refresh Rate and Auto Lip-Sync compensation
- Video adjustment functionality
- Auto noise reduction (mosquito noise, block noise, temporal noise)
- Auto resolution enhancement (detail/edge enhancement)
- Auto contrast enhancement - Video signal control (Contrast, Brightness, Saturation)
- 6 preset memories
- HDMI front panel input for devices such as camcorders and digital cameras
- DLNA 1.5 certified
- HD Radio™ with iTunes tagging
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio ready
- Flexibly assignable component video and optical/coaxial (except Video Aux) inputs allow a wide range of source components
- iPod/iPhone compatibility with optional YDS-12 Universal Dock
- iPod/iPhone song titles displayed in English and Western European languages on the front panel and on-screen display
- Wireless connection for iPod/iPhone with optional YID-W10
- Dialogue Lift
- Background video feature (for tuner, Net, USB and SIRIUS Satellite Radio)
- Macro, Learning and preset capable remote unit
Surround Realism Features:
- Compressed Music Enhancer with CINEMA DSP
- Virtual Presence Speaker function provides a surround sound field having greater height, even if front presence speakers are not used
- Channel expandability with external amplifier (9-channel expandability, bi-amping)
- Adaptive DSP Level
- Channel: 9.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 155W (8ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 140W (8ohms, 0.06% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 165/210/285/405 W
- Surround Sound Processing:
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 23
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Audio Features:
- Pure Direct: Yes
- YPAO Multi-Point Measurement: Yes with RSC (Reflected Sound Control)
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge: Yes
- Bi-Amp Capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-250 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs For All Channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- Video Features:
- HDMI 3D Passthrough: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Component Upconversion: Yes
- Video Adjustment: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- Extensive Connection:
- HDMI Input/Output: 8 (front 1) / 2 (Simultaneous)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device control)
- Video Features:
- HDMI Upscaling: Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Extensive Connection:
- USB Input: iPod/iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Access to Pandora, Rhapsody, SIRIUS Internet Radio, Napster and vTuner Internet Radio services. Also DLNA 1.5 and Win 7 Compatible.
- Dock Port: 1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10)
- Front AV Input: HDMI, USB, Analog Audio, Optical, Composite and S-video
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 10 (front 1) / 1
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 4 (front 1) / 1
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 3 / 0
- Multi-Channel Input: 8ch
- Phono Input: Yes
- Component Video Input/Output: 4/1
- S-Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout: 7.2ch
- Headphone Output: 1
- Tuner Section:
- FM/AM Tuner: Yes
- HD Radio Compatibility: Yes
- SIRIUS Satellite Radio Ready: Yes
- User Interface:
- On-Screen Display: Advanced Graphical User Interface with Status
- SCENE: SCENE PLUS (12 sets)
- iPhone App Control: Yes
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset, Learning, Macro)
- Sub Remote Control Unit: Yes
- Zone Control:
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Preout
- Zone 3 Audio Output: Preout
- Powered Zone: Zone 2/3
- Zone Video Output: Component/S/Composite
- Zone GUI: Yes
- +12V Trigger Output: 2
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 2/2
- Party Mode: Yes
- RS-232C Interface: Yes
- General Info:
- Detachable Power Cord: Yes
- Front Panel: Aluminum Front Panel
- Auto Power Down: Yes
- Height: 7-1/2”
- Width: 17-1/8"
- Depth: 18-3/8”
- Unit: 37.7 lbs
- Shipping: 45.2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Three Years Parts and Labor