Generac Generator Cold Weather Kit, Model 5948
The Cold Weather Kit is intended for use with air-cooled product manufactured after April of 2010. It can also be retro-fitted to older air-cooled product. The kit consists of an automatic thermostatically controlled battery pad warmer and crankcase heater.
When temperatures fall below an acceptable level, the thermostat activates the battery warmer maintaining optimum battery temperature and also activates the crankcase oil heater for the best generator starting. This kit is recommended for generators installed in regions where the temperature regularly falls below 32 degrees (Fahrenheit).
When installing a cold weather kit, it is required that the oil is replaced with 5W-30 synthetic for better engine start capability.
- This kit is intended for use with product utilizing a 410 or 530cc engine
- It is retro-fittable to older product
- Automatic thermostatically controlled batter pad warmer
- Crankcase heater
- Voltage 240
- Pad Wattage/Amps 50 watts/0.21 amps
- Crankcase Wattage/Amps 28 watts/0.12 amps