Garmin Nuvi 3550LM Portable GPS Navigation Unit, Model 0100092120
Thanks to Garmin Guidance 3.0, nüvi 3550LM with FREE lifetime map¹ updates offers the most advanced mapping capabilities available in our thinnest 5" high resolution touchscreen navigator.
Navigate with 3-D Terrain
Garmin Guidance 3.0 allows you to quickly look up addresses and services and be guided to your destination with voice-prompted, turn-by-turn directions that speak street names. It comes preloaded with maps that feature 3-D landmarks and terrain for North America. It also comes preloaded with more than 8 million points of interest (POIs) and offers the ability to add your own.
Know the Lane Before It’s Too Late
Now there’s no more guessing which lane you need to be in to make an upcoming turn. Available in select metropolitan areas, photoReal junction view makes unfamiliar intersections and exits easy to navigate. When you approach an exit or interchange, nüvi 3550LM will enter split screen mode and show you a realistic depiction of junctions on your route, complete with road signs and arrows that indicate the proper lane for navigation. Bird’s Eye junction view also is included for a top-down look at upcoming complex interchanges.
Enjoy FREE Lifetime Map Updates
With FREE lifetime map updates, you always have the most up-to-date maps, POIs and navigation information available at your fingertips. Map updates are available for download up to 4 times a year with no subscription or update fees and no expiration dates.
Go Beyond Navigation
Point-to-point navigation is just the beginning. With an optional traffic receiver purchase, you can get traffic alerts that update as often as every 30 seconds over the HD Radio system (where available). The built-in microSD™ card slot lets you store and use detailed cityXplorer™ maps or download custom voices and vehicles for free from the Garmin Garage. It also comes with a powered mount that charges while you drive, as well as dual-orientation functionality that lets you hold your nüvi vertically or horizontally for added convenience while driving or walking.
“Where Am I?” emergency locator provides your exact latitude and longitude coordinates, the nearest address and intersection, and the closest hospitals, police stations and more. And Enhanced Exit Services tells you what services you’re approaching on the highway.
- Display size, WxH: 4.4"W x 2.5"H (11.1 x 6.3 cm); 5" diag (12.7 cm)
- Display resolution, WxH: 800 x 480 pixels
- Display type: multi-touch, glass, dual-orientation, WVGA color TFT with white backlight
- Battery: rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life: up to 4 hours
- Headphone jack/audio line-out: no
- High-sensitivity receiver: yes
- Waterproof: no
Maps & Memory
- Preloaded street maps: yes
- Includes lifetime map updates: yes
- nüMaps Guarantee: yes
- 3-D terrain view: yes
- 3-D buildings and landmarks view: yes
- Built-in memory: yes
- Accepts data cards: microSD™ card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations: 1000
- Routes: 100
- Voice prompts (e.g. "Turn right in 500 ft."): yes (internal and mount speaker)
- Speaks street names (e.g. "Turn right ON ELM STREET in 500 ft."): yes
- Voice-activated navigation (operate device with spoken commands): no
- Traffic compatible (routes around traffic with a receiver and subscription): yes
- Lifetime traffic updates (receive free lifetime traffic updates): no
- Lane assist (guides to proper lane for navigation): yes
- Junction view (displays junction signs): yes (photoReal and Bird's Eye views)
- myTrends™ (predicts your routes): yes
- trafficTrends™ (calculates routes based on predicted traffic flow): yes
- ecoRoute™ (calculates a more fuel-efficient route): purchased separately
- Auto sort multiple destinations (provides most direct route): yes
- Route avoidance (avoid highways, tolls etc.): yes
- Garmin nüLink! services: (receive accurate real-time travel information):no
- XM® compatible for U.S: no
- Bluetooth® wireless technology: no
- Speed limit indicator (displays speed limit for most major roads in the U.S. and Europe): yes
- Where Am I? (find closest hospitals, police & gas stations, nearest address & intersection): yes
- Garmin Locate™ (marks position when removed from windshield mount): yes
- Enhanced pedestrian navigation (guides you as you walk around town): yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos): yes
- Exit services (tells you approaching services on highway): yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest): yes
- World travel clock, currency & unit converter, calculator: yes
- Qwerty or ABC keyboard (choose keyboard layout): yes
- Alarm clock: yes
- Garmin Lock™ (anti-theft feature): no
- Garmin Garage™ vehicles compatible (download car-shaped icons to your device): yes
- Garmin Garage™ voices compatible (download custom voices to your device): yes
- Picture viewer: yes
- MP3 player: no
- Audio book player: yes
- Featuring Garmin Guidance 3.0, our most advanced navigation engine. It includes all the features of Guidance 2.0 plus predictive routing and the world's best traffic avoidance system to make everyday driving easier.
- This USB mass storage device is compatible with Windows® XP or newer and Mac® OS X 10.4 or later.
What's in the Box:
- nüvi 3550LM
- Preloaded City Navigator® NT North America (U.S, Canada and Mexico)
- Lifetime maps¹ (indicated by "LM" after model number on the box)
- Digital 3D traffic receiver with vehicle power cable
- Quick release powered mount2
- USB cable
- Quick start manual
- Height: 3.4"
- Width: 5.4"
- Depth: 0.5"
- Unit: 7.2 ounces
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts and Labor
¹FREE lifetime traffic updates may not be transferred to another person or another Garmin product. Lifetime traffic extends for the useful life of your Garmin traffic receiver (as long as you own a compatible Garmin GPS) or as long as Garmin receives traffic data from its traffic supplier, whichever is shorter. Traffic content not available for all areas. See traffic coverage areas and Program License Agreement for complete terms and conditions.
² Notice regarding windshield mounting legal restrictions: Before using the suction cup mount on your windshield, check the state and local laws and ordinances where you drive. Some state laws prohibit drivers from using suction mounts on their windshields while operating motor vehicles. Other state laws allow the suction mount to be located only in specific locations on the windshield. Many other states have enacted restrictions against placing "non-transparent material" on the windshield or placing objects on the windshield in locations that obstruct the driver's vision.