Sony Cyber-Shot 16.1 Megapixel Black Digital Camera, Model DSCW650B
Capture super framable picture quality and 720p HD video with ease. Use the 16.1MP sensor, 5X optical zoom, and 360 degree Sweep Panorama™ mode to create breathtaking images or record crisp action and sound in 720p HD video, even when zooming. Make taking pictures even more fun with Picture Effects, like Toy Camera and Pop Color mode. View everything on a generously sized 3.0" Clear Photo™ LCD screen, even in bright sunlight. Get great shots thanks to iAuto mode, Face Detection and Smile Shutter technologies, as well as Anti-blink, Face Priority and Red-eye Reduction functions.
- 720p MP4 HD Movie Mode
In 720p MP4 movie mode the camera shoots 1280 x 720 high definition movies at 30 fps, a standard format when working with a PC. Users will create high quality movies with full use of optical zoom in files small enough to transfer to compatible PC or Mac® computer. Once transferred to your computer and connected to the internet, you can effortlessly upload your media to popular photo and video-sharing websites such as Photobucket® and YouTube.
- 3.0” (230K dots) Clear Photo™ LCD display
Large 3.0” (230K dots) Clear Photo™ LCD display features sharp, natural color that makes it easy to compose shots, read menus, and view photos, even in bright sunlight.
- Intelligent Auto Mode
Unlike traditional auto mode, Intelligent Auto (iAuto) mode thinks for you, recognizing scenes, lighting conditions, faces, and adjusts settings resulting in clear images, faces with natural skin tone and less blur. Take advantage of all the technology without leaving Auto mode. Kids on the playground, landscape shots, a beautiful flower or an indoor birthday party; result in clear images without leaving auto mode.
- Anti-blink Function
It’s frustrating to capture the perfect shot, only to review it later and discover subjects blinked during the photo. The Anti-blink function works to help counter blinking and squinting. When the camera is set to Soft Snap, the Anti-blink function captures two images, recording only the photo with less squinting. If a blink is detected in other shooting modes, a warning will be displayed after you take the shot.
- Natural Flash
Conventional point-and-shoot camera flash shots just don't capture colors the way the eye sees them. Natural Flash mode takes a reference shot without flash and then uses that reference to correct the color, for far more lifelike images.
- Sweep Panorama™ Mode (up to 360°)
Reach beyond the traditional wide angle lens, and capture more breathtaking shots with Sweep Panorama™ mode. Simply press the shutter button and sweep the camera in the desired direction and the camera continuously shoots at a high speed, then seamlessly stitches the images together with automatic position adjustment to create one stunning panoramic image. Available in wide and up to 360° full circle, the camera can take a variety of panoramic shots. Now capturing wide landscapes is as easy as press and sweep.
- Optical SteadyShot™ Image Stabilization
Optical SteadyShot™ image stabilization uses a built-in gyro sensor to detect camera shake and automatically shifts the lens to help prevent blur without sacrificing image quality.
- Face Detection Technology
Face Detection technology detects up to eight individual faces and adjusts focus, exposure, and white balance to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends.
- Soft Skin Mode
Portrait subjects will love the results. Soft Skin mode recognizes skin tones and reduces the appearance of blemishes and wrinkles without affecting the rest of the shot.
- Dynamic Range Optimizer
Standard and Plus Dynamic Range Optimizer (DRO) Standard and Plus uses a sophisticated algorithm to help recover shadows and highlights. The result is more natural images with clearer details that more closely match what your naked eye sees. DRO is particularly effective when shooting backlit portraits or any scene with a dramatic contrast between background and foreground lighting. DRO Plus allows for even greater optimization by analyzing each region of an image and performing additional image processing.
- 16.1 Megapixel Super HAD™ CCD Image Sensor
A powerful 16.1 megapixel 1/2.3” Super HAD™ CCD image sensor helps you capture gorgeous images with superb contrast and clarity down to the finest detail. With 14.1 megapixels, you can create stunning, photo-quality prints up to A3+ (13x19”) size, or crop your images and still come away with high resolution shots.
- Picture Effect
Picture Effect adds a new level of expression to photos, making ordinary landscapes and portraits come to life by heightening mood and emphasizing certain attributes. Select models have up to nine effects.
- Smile Shutter™ Technology
Smile Shutter™ technology captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select Smile Shutter™ and the camera does the rest. You can also select adult and child priority and indicate the degree of Smile Detection sensitivity. Intelligent Scene Recognition can now be used together with Smile Shutter™ mode when the Intelligent Auto mode is on. This means that beautiful smiles can be captured with settings optimized for the particular scene, even in difficult conditions such as twilight and backlighting.
- Intelligent Scene Recognition mode
Intelligent Scene Recognition (iSCN) mode automatically detects seven different types of scenes and, within just 1/30th of a second, selects the appropriate camera settings: Backlight, Backlight Portrait, Twilight, Twilight Portrait, Twilight using a tripod, Portrait, Landscape and macro. iSCN has two modes: Auto and Advanced. In Auto Mode, the camera takes a single shot using the optimal settings. In Advanced Mode, the camera takes a photo with the optimal settings and, if in difficult lighting (low light or back light) immediately takes a second photo with another optimized setting so you can choose which to keep.
- Lens Type Carl Zeiss® Vario-Tessar®
- Optical Zoom 5x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent)
- Still 16:9: 28-140mm
- Still 4:3: 25-125mm
- Movie 16:9: 29-145mm(SteadyShot Standard), 30-150mm(SteadyShot Active)
- Movie 4:3: 35-175mm(SteadyShot Standard), f=37-185mm(SteadyShot Active)
- Lens Construction 6 elements in 5 groups (including 3 aspheric elements)
- Minimum Focus Distance
- iAuto:AF(W:Approx..5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity)
- Program Auto:AF(W:Approx..5cm(0.16') to Infinity, T:Approx.100cm(3.28') to Infinity)
- Aspheric Elements 3
- Steady Shot Mode Yes
- AF Modes
- Multi Point AF
- Center Weighted AF
- Spot AF
- Tracking Focus
- Face Tracking Focus
- AF Illuminator Auto/Off
- Flash Modes
- Flash On
- Slow Synchro
- Flash Off
- Flash Coverage
- ISO Auto: Approx.0.3m to 3.7m(11 7/8 inches to 12 feet 1 3/4 inches)(W) / Approx.1.0m to 1.5 m(3feet 3 3/8 inches to 4 feet 11 1/8inches)(T)
- ISO3200: up to Approx.7.3 m(23 feet 11 1/2 inches)(W) / Approx.3.1 m(10 feet 2 1/8inches)(T)
- Imaging Sensor 1/2.3" Super HAD CCD Sensor
- Processor BIONZ®
- Pixel Gross 16.4MP
- Effective Picture Resolution 16.1MP
- Color Filter System RGB primary color filters
- Metering Modes
- Multi Pattern
- Center Weighted
- Exposure Compensation Plus / Minus 2.0EV, 1 / 3EV step
- Scene Mode(s)
- High Sensitivity
- Soft snap
- Soft Skin
- Night Portrait
- Night Scene
- Pet mode
- D-Range Optimizer
- White Balance Mode
- Auto (Intelligent)
- Fluorescent 1 (White Fluorescent Lighting)
- Fluorescent 2 (Natural White Fluorescent Lighting)
- Fluorescent 3 (Day White Fluorescent Lighting)
- One Push, One Push Set
- Red-Eye Reduction
- Media / Battery Indicator Yes / Yes
- Power Save Mode
- Media Type
- Optional “Memory Stick Duo” (No movie recording)
- Optional “Memory Stick PRO Duo” (Mark 2 only for movie recording)
- Optional “Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo”
- Optional SD Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Optional SDHC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Optional SDXC Memory Card (Class 4 or higher)
- Still Image Mode JPEG
- Still Image Max Effective Resolution Approx. 16.1 Megapixels
- Still Image Size 16:9
- 12M(4,608 x 2,592)
- 2M(1,920 x 1,080)
- Still Image Size 4:3
- 16M(4,608 x 3,456)
- 10M(3,648 x 2,736)
- 5M(2,592 x 1,944)
- Panorama Still Image Size
- Wide(7,152 x 1,080/4,912 x 1,920)
- Standard(4,912 x 1,080/3,424 x 1,920)
- Video Format MP4(AVC/H.264)
- Video Mode
- Audio Format AAC
- Microphone / Speaker Mono/mono
- LCD Type 3.0" Clear Photo™ LCD (230K dots)
- Brightness Control
- Self Timer
- Shutter Speeds
- iAuto(2" - 1/1600)
- Program Auto(1" - 1/1600)
- Burst Mode Approx 1 fps at 16.1MP (Maximum 100 shots
- Sweep Panorama
- Sweep Panorama
- Sweep Panorama (360)
- Face Detection
- 8 Faces (Auto / Off / Child Priority / Adult Priority / Key Selected Face Memory)
- Smile Shutter™ technology Yes
- Image Stabilization Optical SteadyShot™ with Active Mode Image Stabilization
- In-Camera Editing
- Red Eye Correction
- Unsharp Masking
- Intelligent Auto Yes
- Shooting Tips Yes
- Tracking Focus Off / Auto
- Blink Detection Yes
- Picture Effects
- Toy camera
- Pop Color
- Partial Color
- Soft High-key
- Battery Type LITHIUM ION NP-BN 3.6V
- Battery Capacity
- Typical: 2.3Wh (630mAh)
- Minimum: 2.2Wh (600mAh)
- Number of Still Images
- Typical: 2.3Wh (630mAh)
- Minimum: 2.2Wh (600mAh)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) Aprox. 1.1W
- Power Requirements AC 100V to 240V, 50/60 Hz, 2W
- Memory Card Slot MS Duo and SD/SDHC/SDXC Compatible
- SD Output 4:3
- HD Output Composite
In The Box:
- Battery (NP-BN)
- Wrist Strap
- Battery Charger
- Instruction Manual
- Multi USB Cable
- Height 2.25"
- Width 3.75"
- Depth 0.75"
- Unit 0.275 lbs.
- Shipping 2 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts and Labor
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details