Canon Powershot G-Series 14.3 Megapixel Black Digital Camera, Model G1X
The Pinnacle of PowerShot.
Bright, fast and more creative than ever: advanced technologies come together for an exciting new camera that moves beyond anything the G-Series has seen before. The PowerShot G1 X digital camera will inspire advanced amateurs who have embraced the G-Series to explore new realms of photographic expression, and give pros an excellent camera that complements their creative demands. The new 1.5-inch High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor approaches an EOS DSLR's APS-C sized sensor, with a light-sensitive area that's approximately 6.3 times larger than that of the PowerShot G12 digital camera. The new 14.3 Megapixel sensor, combined with a new lens and DIGIC 5 Image Processor, creates the HS SYSTEM that delivers image quality previously impossible in a compact camera, with beautiful blur, lower noise, and extraordinary resolution in low-light shooting and can shoot at ISOs of up to 12800. The PowerShot G1 X also has 14-bit RAW capabilities for even greater creative control and Full HD Video recording. Manual settings and operability inherited from EOS cameras impart a high-level shooting experience, and open the door to new creative possibilities. Substantive luxury defines the design: a neatly clarified sculpture with a firm grip, huge Vari-angle LCD and optical viewfinder.
- A newly developed Canon 1.5-inch, 14.3 Megapixel High-Sensitivity CMOS sensor combined with the DIGIC 5 Image Processor creates Canon's HS SYSTEM for outstanding low-light performance up to ISO 12800.
- Full range of shooting and recording modes including 14-bit RAW + JPEG, as found in Canon DSLR cameras for the ultimate creative control.
- Shoot beautiful 1080p Full HD video in stereo sound with a dedicated movie button; zoom while shooting and play back videos on an HDTV via the HDMI output.
- 4x Optical Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer, plus a 28mm Wide-Angle Lens delivers exceptional image quality and allows you to capture more in your frame.
- Intelligent IS automatically chooses from six different modes to optimize image stabilization for the shooting condition.
- Bright 3.0-inch Vari-Angle PureColor System LCD with 922,000 dots for shooting at a variety of angles plus an optical viewfinder.
- High-Speed Burst HQ allows for continuous capture at a maximum of 6 frames* while maintaining superb image.
- Compatible with Canon Speedlite flashes for additional creative lighting options.
- Mode Dial and Front Dial provide intuitive manual adjustment.
- High Dynamic Range scene mode combines multiple shots into one picture showing greater image detail.
- Type: Compact digital still camera with built-in flash, 4x Optical, 4x Digital, and 16x Combined Zoom with Optical Image Stabilizer
- Total Pixels Approx. 15.0 Megapixels
- Effective Pixels Approx. 14.3 Megapixels
- Focal Length 15.1 (W) - 60.4mm (T) (35mm film equivalent: 28 (W) - 112mm (T)
- Digital Zoom 4x
- Focusing Range
- Normal: 1.3 ft. (40cm) - infinity (W), 4.3 ft. (1.3m) - infinity (T)
- Auto: 7.9 in. (20cm) - infinity (W), 2.8 ft. (85cm) - infinity (T)
- Macro: 7.9 in. - 2.3 ft. (20-70cm) (W), 2.8 ft. - 5.2 ft. (85cm - 1.6m) (T)
- Autofocus System TTL Autofocus
- Optical Viewfinder Real-image zoom viewfinder
- LCD Monitor 3.0-inch TFT color LCD (Vari-angle type with wide-viewing angle)
- LCD Pixels Approx. 922,000 dots
- LCD Coverage Approx. 100%
- 27 display languages provided (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Portuguese, Korean, Greek, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Thai, Arabic, Romanian, Ukrainian, Farsi, and Hindi.)
Aperture and Shutter
- Maximum Aperture
- f/2.8 (W) - f/5.8 (T)
- The following f/numbers are available in Av or M:
W: f/2.8, 3.2, 3.5, 4.0, 4.5, 5.0, 5.6, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0, 9.0, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16
T: f/5.8, 6.3, 7.1, 8.0, 9.0, 10, 11, 13, 14, 16
- Differs depending on the zoom position
- Shutter Speed
- 1-1/4000 sec.
- 60-1/4000 sec. (Total shutter speed range)
- Shutter speed range differs depending on the shooting mode
- Shutter speeds available in Tv and M:
60, 50, 40, 30, 25, 20, 15, 13, 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3.2, 2.5, 2, 1.6, 1.3, 1, 0.8, 0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.3, 1/4, 1/5, 1/6, 1/8, 1/10, 1/13, 1/15, 1/20, 1/25, 1/30, 1/40, 1/50, 1/60, 1/80, 1/100, 1/125, 1/160, 1/200, 1/250, 1/320, 1/400, 1/500, 1/640, 1/800, 1/1000, 1/1250, 1/1600, 1/2000,1/2500, 1/3200, 1/4000 (Units: sec.)
Auto*, ISO 100/125/160/200/250/320/400/500/640/800/1000/1250/1600/2000/2500/3200/ 4000/5000/6400/8000/10000/12800 (When in P mode)
*Optimal ISO speed is automatically set depending on the shooting mode.
- Light Metering Method
Evaluative*1, Center-weighted average, Spot*2 *1 Facial brightness is evaluated (Face Detect AE) in Face Detect. *2 Fixed to Center, linked to AF frame
- Exposure Control Method
AE Lock (not available when shooting movies)
- Exposure Compensation
+/-3 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- White Balance Control
- Fluorescent H
- Built-in Flash
- Slow Synchro
- Facial brightness is also evaluated in Face Detect
- Flash Range
- 1.6-23 ft. (W), 3.3-10.2 ft. (T) (50cm-7.0m (W), 1.0-3.1m (T))
- Image brightness may diminish depending on the shooting distance.
- Recycling Time 5.0 seconds or less (battery voltage: 7.4 V)
- Flash Exposure Compensation +/-2 stops in 1/3-stop increments
- Shooting Modes
- C1, C2, M, Av, Tv, P, Auto, SCN, Creative Filters, Movie
- Shooting movies is possible with the movie button
- Photo Effects
- My Colors Off
- Black & White
- Positive Film
- Lighter Skin
- Darker Skin
- Vivid Blue
- Vivid Green
- Vivid Red
- Custom Color
- Self Timer Approx. 10-sec. delay, Approx. 2-sec. delay, Custom
- Continuous Shooting
- Normal: Approx. 1.9 shots/sec. (in P mode), Approx. 4.5 shots/sec. (in High-speed Burst HQ mode)
- AF: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- LV: Approx. 0.7 shots/sec. (in P mode)
- Under conditions where the flash does not fire automatically.
- Differs depending on the zoom position
- Storage Media
- SD Memory Card
- SDHC Memory Card
- SDXC Memory Card
- File Format Design rule for Camera File system, DPOF (Version 1.1) compliant
- Image Recording Format
- JPEG Compression Mode
- Still Image: Exif 2.3 JPEG, RAW (14 bit, CR2 (Canon Original))
- Video: MOV (Image data: H.264; Audio data: Linear PCM (2 channel stereo))
- Videos: MOV (Image data: H.264, Audio data: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- Number of Recording Pixels
- Still Images:
Large: 4352 x 2448, Medium 1: 3072 x 1728,
Medium 2: 1920 x 1080, Small: 640 x 360
Large: 4352 x 2904, Medium 1: 3072 x 2048,
Medium 2: 1600 x 1064, Small: 640 x 424
Large: 4352 x 3264, Medium 1: 3072 x 2304,
Medium 2: 1600 x 1200, Small: 640 x 480
RAW: 4352 x 3264
Large: 3264 x 3264, Medium 1: 2304 x 2304,
Medium 2: 1200 x 1200, Small: 480 x 480
Large: 2608 x 3264, Medium 1: 1840 x 2304,
Medium 2: 960 x 1200, Small: 384 x 480
1280 x 720 (30 fps*1)
1280 x 720*2 / 640 x 480*2
[Other than the above*3]
1920 x 1080 (24 fps*4), 1280 x 720 (30 fps*1) /
640 x 480 (30 fps*1)
- Playback Modes File
- Still Images & Movies:
Auto Rotate, Transition Effects (Off, Scroll, Slide, Fade), Scroll Display, Rotate, Favorites, My Category, Search Jump (Favorites*1, Date*1, My Category*2, Still Images/Movies/Movie Digest, Jump 10 Images*1, Jump 100 Images*1), Smart Shuffle, Group Playback, Movie Digest, Filtered Playback, Slideshow
- Still Images:
Single, Index, Magnification (Approx. 2x-10x), Thumbnails (4-100), Information Display, Histogram, Overexposure Warning, Resume Playback, Red-Eye Correction, i-Contrast, Trimming, Resize, My Colors
Normal Playback, Slow Motion, Skip Backward, Previous Frame, Next Frame, Skip Forward, Resume Playback, Delete Unwanted Portions of a Clip
- Erase Modes
- Select, Select Range, Select All Images
- The image data in memory card stored with the design rule for camera file systems format can be erased (however, protected images cannot be erased).
- RAW+JPEG images can be erased individually
- Computer Interface Hi-Speed USB 2.0 (Dedicated connector (female) with unified type of digital, audio and video)
- Video Out
- Analog: NTSC or PAL
- Digital: HDMI (HDMI mini connector)
- Audio Out Stereo
- Memory card slot
- Direct connection to Canon SELPHY Compact Photo Printers, PIXMA Inkjet Photo Printers and PictBridge-compatible printers via camera's USB 2.0 Hi-Speed Cable
- Power Source
- Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack NB-10L
- Compact Power Adapter CA-PS700 (included with AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC80)
- Shooting Capacity
- LCD Monitor on: Approx. 250 shots
- LCD Monitor off: Approx. 700 shots
- Approx: 310 shots when in Quick Shot mode (LCD monitor on)
- Playback Time Approx. 7 hours
In The Box:
- PowerShot G1 X
- Battery Pack NB-10L
- Battery Charger CB-2LC
- USB Interface Cable IFC-400PCU
- Lens Cap(with strap)
- Neck Strap NS-DC9
- Digital Camera Solution CD-ROM
- Width: 4.6"
- Height: 3.17"
- Depth: 2.55"
- Unit: 1.19 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts