Canon Speedlite 320EX Flash Lineup, Model 5246B002
In a first for Canon Speedlites, the versatile new Speedlite 320EX features
an LED light on the front of the flash body that can be used to illuminate nearby
subjects in dim light. The light is ideal for video recording but can also be
used as a modeling light or as an AF assist beam during Live View shooting.
When used with EOS DSLRs that have integrated Speedlite transmitters, the Speedlite
320EX can be used as a wireless slave unit positioned off-camera. A flash release
function further facilitates wireless flash shooting by enabling the shutter
to be released remotely from the Speedlite 320EX with a two-second delay, which
gives the photographer time to re-aim the flash if necessary. The Speedlite
320EX combines rich bounce functionality with high performance, ensuring smooth,
professional-looking results. Flash coverage and guide number can be changed
manually by extending or retracting the flash head. The Normal position provides
wide coverage equivalent to a 24mm lens (full-frame) with a guide number of
79 (ft.) / 24 (m) at ISO 100. The Tele position boosts the guide number to 105
(ft.) / 32 (m) at ISO 100 while providing coverage for lenses 50mm and longer
(full-frame). Lightweight, pocket-sized, grip-friendly, and with an intuitive,
easy-to-operate design, the Speedlite 320EX is powered by 4 AA batteries (not
included) and recharges silently in approximately 2 seconds.
- Built-in LED light can be used to illuminate nearby subjects in dim light
- especially useful when shooting video, as a modeling light or as an AF assist
beam (with Live View), providing up to four hours of continuous lighting with
fully-charged AA batteries
- Versatile vertical and horizontal bounce capability provides an extended
range of possible lighting effects
- Flash release function triggers the camera wirelessly from the flash on
a 2-second delay, allowing the flash to be repositioned to illuminate the
- Wireless Slave function supports three groups and four channels, allowing
the flash to be positioned off-camera
- Flash coverage can be switched by extending or retracting flash head, with
Normal (24mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 79 ft./24m at ISO 100)
and Tele (50mm full-frame equivalent, max. Guide No. 105 ft./32m at ISO 100)
- Light and compact body holds 4 AA batteries with a fast recycle time of
- Type: On-camera, E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash Speedlite
- Compatible Cameras: Type-A EOS cameras (E-TTL II/E-TTL autoflash)
- Flash Coverage
- EF lens: 24mm/50mm
- EF-S lens: 15mm/31.3mm
- Manual switching
- Number of Flashes: Approx. 180 - 1000 flashes, with fresh AA-size
- Recycling Time
- Normal flash: Approx. 0.1 - 2.3 sec.
- Quick flash: Approx. 0.1 - 1.8 sec.
- AF Assist Beam
- Intermittent flash firing system
- Effective range
- At center: Approx. 13.1 ft./4m
- Periphery: Approx. 11.5 ft./3.5m
- LED light: Approx. 13.1 ft/4 m
- Compatible with model EOS 5D Mark II and later. Available via
firmware update for: EOS-1Ds Mark III, EOS-1D Mark III, EOS 40D,
EOS 50D, and EOS Rebel XS
- Custom Functions
- C.Fn-01: Auto power off (Enabled/Disabled)
- C.Fn-06: Quick flash w/continuous shot (Disabled/ Enabled)
- C.Fn-10: Slave auto power off timer (60 minutes/10 minutes)
- C.Fn-11: Slave auto power off cancel (Within 8 hours/ Within
- Power Source
- Four size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries are used. Ni-MH or lithium batteries
can also be used.
- This Speedlite is equipped with a power-saving function that turns off
the power after 90 seconds if no operations are made.
- External Power Source: External power supply accessories cannot be
- Height: 4.5"
- Width: 3.1"
- Depth: 2.8"
- Unit: 9.7 oz
- Shipping: 1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts