Oakley Probation Polished Black Men's Sunglasses With Warm Grey Lenses, Model OO404101
Our original Inmate® broke fashion rules. Probtation® is our idea of a repeat offender. Instead of separate lenses, it has a single contour of pure Plutonite® lens material. The sculptural frame takes advantage of C-5™, a lightweight alloy of five metal compounds. If you’ve never experienced the comfort of our straight-stem designs, you need to ditch ordinary shades that hook your ears and fit with unbalanced pressure points. Probation is engineered for all-day comfort, and when the heat is on, the Unobtainium® sleeves on the stems are there to increase grip with moisture.
Here’s the deal with a frame this innovative. Normally, when a single lens shield goes across both your eyes, you end up with optical distortion at the sides. Not so with Probation because it utilizes Polaric Ellipsoid™ geometry, an innovation ofHigh Definition Optics® (HDO®) that maintains clarity all the way to the peripheral edges. Probation meets all ANSI Z80.3 standards for optical performance and precision, as well as Z80.3 basic impact standards. As far as UV protection goes, our proprietary lens material filters out 100% of all UV, not just UVA or UVB.
Check out the options for Probation, including Iridium® lens coatings that reduce glare and balance light transmission to maximize your vision. For environments where glare is a serious problem, consider Oakley HDPolarized lenses. They block 99% of reflected glare without the haze or optical distortion common with ordinary polarized lenses. Multiple frame/lens color combinations are available for Probation.
- Comfort and durability of lightweight C-5™ frame material, an alloy of five metal compounds
- Comfortably secure fit of Unobtainium® stem sleeves that increase grip with perspiration
- Metal icon accents
- Optimized peripheral vision and side protection of Polaric Ellipsoid™ lens geometry
- Optical clarity, performance and precision that meets ANSI Z80.3 standards
- Protection of impact resistance that meets ANSI Z80.3 basic impact standards
- UV protection of Plutointe® lenses that filter out 100% of all UVA, UVB, UVC and harmful blue light up to 400 nm
- Glare reduction and balanced light transmission of Iridium® lens coating (available only on certain lens/frame color combinations)
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One year parts and labor