Sony Double DIN A/V Receiver With Bluetooth - XAV601BT
Control smartphone features and apps directly from your receiver thanks to
MirrorLink™ technology, which brings command of select audio, video and navigation
features directly to the receiver’s touchscreen display. Elevate your mobile
experience with Bluetooth® technology, SiriusXM™ compatibility, Pandora® app
control, dual USB inputs and CD/DVD playback.
- 6.1” Touch Screen Display
The detachable, high-resolution TFT (WVGA) 6.1” touch screen display will
inform and entertain you. Gesture command and on-screen touch buttons make
everything easier to control and separate audio and video power supply circuits
provide added clarity.
- MirrorLink™ smartphone connectivity
MirrorLink™ technology offers seamless connectivity between smart phones and
your XAV-601BT receiver. The technology is extremely simple to use: approved
applications, content and controls are mirrored from the smartphone onto the
- Pandora® internet radio Control
Pandora® is the leading internet radio service, giving people music they love
anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The XAV-601BT provides
complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone®, Android™ or Blackberry®
- Telenav® app control for iPhone®
Simply connect your iPhone® Telenav® GPS app via USB input to the XAV-601BT
and see directions on your receiver’s screen while hearing them over the car
speakers. Telenav app control for iPhone available as of Aug 2012 via firmware
- Dual USB 1-Wire Inputs
With dual USB 1-Wire inputs, you can connect, control and charge your iPod®,
Walkman® player and other compatible USB devices with the rear USB input and
connect your phone directly to the front panel’s USB input.
- Integrated Bluetooth® technology
Easily take calls and stream audio with the XAV-601BT receiver featuring Bluetooth®
technology4. Connect to compatible devices and choose between hands free phone
access, phonebook access, Pandora® internet radio control or audio streaming.
- Passenger App Control
Connect your iPhone® or iPod® Touch via the optional RC-202IPV cable to display
compatible app content on the XAV-601BT receiver’s display and control the
app directly from your iPhone or iPod Touch with passenger app control.
- iPod® and iPhone® content playback
Playback audio/video from most iPod® models via the RC-202IPV video cable
(sold separately). Also view stored album artwork during audio playback on
the screen of the XAV-601BT receiver.
- Advanced Response User Interface
Select between 2D or 3D icons and screen visualizers and enjoy fast touch
screen response when selecting sources, transitioning between menu screens
and searching through your USB music content.
- Plays DVDs/CDs and digital files
Multi-format playback lets you play MP3, WMA, AAC music files, JPEG’s or MP4
- SiriusXM™ Satellite Radio Ready
The on-board SiriusXM™connector simplifies satellite radio installation by
eliminating compatibility issues and providing direct connection to the new
platform of tuners.
- Optional TomTom® navigation control
Connect the optional TomTom® XA-NV100T navigation for direct access to built
in GPS control. TomTom is the only company to incorporate real world, real-time
feedback, providing the most accurate maps available
- Firmware upgradable with USB input
Easily upgrade the XAV-601BT’s firmware. Use a PC to download updates from
Sony® support to a flash drive and load them on your receiver via the USB
- Dynamic Color Illuminator
Match your radio’s illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting
components with the Dynamic Color Illuminator. With selectable Sound Synchronization,
the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source.
- Intuitive ZAPPIN™ search feature
Use the ZAPPIN™ feature can play 6, 15, or 30 second intro clips to help you
find a specific song.
- Advanced Sound Engine with EQ7
The Advanced Sound Engine uses EQ7 equalizer, adjustable LPF/HPF crossovers,
Listener Position calibration, Center Speaker Organizer, Rear Bass Enhancer,
and Dynamic Loudness volume leveler to create an ideal in-car listening environment.
- High-powered Expansion
Dial in the output for optimum sound using the internal 52W x 4 high power
Dynamic Reality amplifier for your speakers or the 5 Volt front, rear and
subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs to feed an external amplifier.
- Zone x Zone for rear seat playback
Zone by Zone control allows users to independently select between sources
for the front seat passengers while enabling separate DVD playback for rear
seat passengers when connected to additional rear seat video monitors (sold
- Auxiliary Audio/Video inputs
Two dedicated rear auxiliary AV inputs provide additional AV source playback
and a connection for the Sony® XA-800C rear view camera (sold separately)
for visibility when backing up, especially with larger trucks or SUVs.
- SensMe™ Music App
SensMe™ application can organize your music into playlists that perfectly
match your mood, scene and location, making it easier to choose the music
that fits the moment.
- Digital Clarity Tuner with RDS
Sony® receivers are known for exceptional tuning and we’ve made them even
better with the new Digital Clarity Tuner. RDS enables artist and title information
that accompany the FM broadcast to be displayed on the receiver.
- Included Accessories
The included hands-free microphone and integrated echo and noise canceling
circuitry assure your conversations are clear while the RM-X271 wireless remote
lets you control the basic functions of the XAV-601BT.
- Max power output : 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Speaker Impedance : 4-8 Ohms
- Band : AM / FM
- Equalizer : EQ7: 7 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at: 63, 160,
400, 1000, 2500, 6300 and 16000 Hz
- Format(s) Supported : MP3/WMA/AAC/JPEG/MP4/XviD files1
- Frequency Response : DVD / CD: 10-20,000 Hz
- Preout Impedance : 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage : 2 volt
- S/N Ratio : Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB) : DVD/CD Player: 120dB
- Station Preset(s) : 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range : FM: Tuner Frequency Range(MHz): 87.5-107.9
AM: Tuner Frequency Range(kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type : SSIR-EXA with RDS
- Volume Control : Tel/Nav Attenuation Circuitry
- Wow and Flutter : Below measurable limit
- Tilt Range : 0-45° mounting angle
- CD Text Display : CD/MP3/WMA/AAC data displayed
- Dimmer Adjust : Selectable Auto/on/off
- Key Illumination : White Key Illumination
- On-Screen Clock : 12H
- Aspect Ratio : 17:9
- Display Technology : TFT (WVGA)
- Text Displayed : Source, artist, track, playback time, menu and clock
- Panel Type : 6.1" TFT Active Matrix LCD Color Monitor
- Picture Modes : Normal, Wide, Full and Zoom
- Resolution : 800 x 480
- Color System: NTSC / PAL / SECAM / PAL-M
- Compatible Bluetooth® Profiles: A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution
Profile)1.2 AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)1.3 HFP (Handsfree Profile)1.5
OPP (Object Push Profile) PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Frequency Band: 2.4 GHz band (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
- Maximum Range: Line of sight approx. 10M (33ft)
- Modulation Method: FHSS
- Output: Bluetooth Standard Power Class2 (Max. +4 dBm)
- Wireless Connectivity: Bluetooth Standard version 2.1
- Height: 4"
- Width: 7.13"
- Depth: 6.9"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Two Year Limited
Parts And Labor
- Not all files may play back due to file variations. Copy-protected ACC-LC
files not supported.
- Compatible with iPod®with video, iPod Classic®, iPod nano® 1st through 5th
gen., iPod Touch® 1st & 2nd gen., iPhone®, iPhone 3G, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4
and iPhone 4S. Passenger control not available for iPod nano 1st gen. or iPod
- Requires satellite radio tuner and service subscription, sold separately.
- Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary.
- Works with iPhone® 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S via USB port, and compatible Blackberry®
and Android™ based smartphones via Bluetooth®.
- MirrorLink™ enabled smartphone required. MirrorLink is a technology standard
developed by the Car Connectivity Consortium (CCC) that allows consumers to
use their smartphone in a car without looking at or touching their phone.
The technology achieves this through two-way communication between the smartphone
and the in-vehicle infotainment system. CCC-approved applications and content
are mirrored from the mobile device onto the automotive in-dash receiver.
- Feature is subject to change or termination without notice. Subscription,
fee and/or PC registration may be required.