Alpine 12" Type-E Series Black Subwoofer - SWE12S4
Turn up the volume and crank that bass without putting a large dent in the
bank account. The new Type-E subwoofers now have proven high performance technology
and new rugged materials to outperform and outlast any subwoofer in its class.
- More Bass In Less Space
What is unique and amazing about the new Type-E subwoofer is not only the
engineering behind the build, it's the new requirements for them to optimally
perform. The new Type-E 10” specification requires 0.5 – 0.85 cubic feet air
space for superior performance. That’s 34% less air space used in your vehicle!
- Progressive Conex® Spider
This woofer uses a durable Conex spider to ensure reliability and helps avoid
interference typical of many high-excursion designs.
- Leading the Class with Output
Get bass you can not only hear, but also feel? Through its new optimized suspension
design and new cone materials, this woofer allows over 55mm peak-to-peak cone
travel. Now that’s woofer movement you’re sure to feel!
- High Strength Steel Frame
With such an advanced airflow system we have incorporated a high strength
steel frame to keep the bass going while keeping your sub cooler.
- Improved Power Handling
The oversized 65mm voice coil with high-temp 3-layer SVC winding on a spiral
cut aluminum former offers increased power handling to 250W RMS / 750W Peak.
To get the best performance, we recommend you pair Type-E subs with Alpine’s
new MRX digital amplifiers.
- 8 AWG Push Terminals
Keeping power consistent to your woofers is just as important as keeping them
cool. The 8 AWG Push Terminals are used on the Type-E woofers to keep power
current flowing, allowing your subwoofer to get the power needed from the
amplifier to run cool and consistent.
- High-Grade Strontium Ferrite Magnets
Creates a symmetrical magnetic field with evenly distributed flux density
to greatly reduce distortion, while further improving power handling and output.
- Clean, Concealed Mount Gasket System
These subwoofers have a shallower mounting depth allowing for more application
flexibility and the concealed mount gaskets give Type-E subs a clean finished
appearance for any vehicle.
- Power Range: 50W-250 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 250 Watts
- Peak Power Handling: 750 Watts
- Frequency Response: 27Hz-1000Hz
- Material: Woven Fiber w/ Kevlar Reinforced Pulp
- Design: 2-piece Parabolic
- Material: Injection Molded SantopreneA?
- Design: High Excursion Tapered Half-Roll
- Material: NomexA?
- Design: Progressive
- Material: 180A?C High Temp Wire on Aluminum Bobbin
- Design: 3-Layer Single Voice Coil
- Pole Geometry: FEA Optimized Design w/ Compound Radii
- Configuration: Airflow Optimized Extended/Vented Pole
- Material: Custom High Strength Steel
- Design: 5 Leg w/ Voice Coil Venting
- Layout: One Side
- Design: Heavy Duty 8ga. Push
- Design: 16ga. Stranded Leads, Insulated
- Design: Concealed Mount Gasket System
- Mounting Depth: 5.6"
- Mounting Diameter: 10.6"
- Displacement: 0.075 cu. ft. (Front Mount)
- Added Volume: 0.087 cu. ft. (Reverse Mount, Magnet Out)
- Unit: 10 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs