CTEK Multi US 25000 Mobile Battery Charger - MUS25000
CTEK MULTI US 25000 is an 8-step, fully automatic primary switch mode battery
charger. A powerful charger for 12V batteries that require rapid charging such
as in garages, RV's, boats and of course cars. Unlike old traditional battery
chargers CTEK chargers are designed with focus on simplicity, safety and flexibility.
- Fully automatic - for charging and maintenance
In addition to normal charging of batteries, they also have a fully automatic
charging cycle through CTEK's in-house patented system for maintenance charging.
The batteries are kept at full capacity (float) over the first 10 days period.
The chargers then switch to pulse maintenance, which is the optimal way of
storing the batteries in the long-term and providing them with maximum service
- Patented desulphation function
Unused batteries lose their power and their life is shortened through sulphation.
It is also more difficult to charge sulfated batteries. CTEK MULTI US 25000
has a patented method for reconditioning sulfated batteries. The charger analyses
the state of the battery and then, if possible, recovers the battery and its
- Weather Independent
The chargers are fitted with temperature sensors adapting the charging voltage
to suit the battery temperature and handle effective charging no matter the
climate, from 0 0 F to 1200 F. They are very robust and have an IP44 classification,
approved for outdoor use.
- Electronic Protection
Most vehicles today are equipped with sensitive electronic systems. Unlike
less-sophisticated chargers, there is no need to disconnect the battery as
CTEK MULTI US 25000 is specially designed not damage the electronic systems.
- Designed for safety
All CTEK models are designed to consider the safety of the user. They are
spark free making the connection much easier and safer considering the gases
batteries normally produce. CTEK MULTI US 25000 is also protected from reverse
polarity connections and is short-circuit proof. A red light on the charger
will simply indicate that the charging cannot begin until the user has connected
the charger correctly.
- Unique Supply and Recond mode
The SUPPLY mode serves as a power supply unit which can run 12V equipment
up to 25A. When changing a battery important settings will therefore not be
lost. The unique RECOND mode restores the power capacity in a stratified battery
and therefore prolongs its life.
- Part Number: 56-674
- Input voltage: 100-120VAC, 50-60Hz
- Output voltage: Nominal: 12V
- Efficiency: HIGH 85%
- Charging voltage: 14.4V, temperature compensated
- Charging current: 25A max
- Back current drain*: <2Ah per month
- Ripple**: 4%
- Ambient temperature: 0°F to 120°F, output power is reduced automatically
at higher temperatures
- Type of charger: 8 step, fully automatic switch mode with pulse maintenance
- Type of batteries: 12V lead-acid batteries (Wet, MF, AGM, GEL and
- Battery capacity: 50-500Ah
- Insulation: IP44 (outdoor use)
- Height: 2.5"
- Width: 5.5"
- Depth: 9.5"
- Unit: 3.2 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Five Year Limited
Parts And Labor
- *) Back current drain is what drains the battery if the charger is connected
without the power cord connected.
- **) Ripple describes the quality of the current and voltage. A high current
ripple heats the battery and shortens its life. A linear charger has a current
ripple of 70-400% which is much larger than the maximum 5% for a modern sealed
battery. High voltage ripple could harm other equipment that is connected
to the battery. MULTI US 25000 delivers voltage and current w ith very low
ripple. The battery has a long service life and there is no risk of damage
to other electro nic devices connected to the battery.