Martin Logan Motion 40 Black Floorstanding Speaker, Model MO40GBK (Sold As Each)
The elegant Motion 40 features an advanced resolution Folded Motion™ tweeter, a 5-1/2" aluminum cone midrange driver and dual 6-1/2" aluminum cone woofers. Part of the secret to the Motion 40's outstanding performance lies in the dual oversized black-aluminum cone woofers paired with a rear-firing bass port. The oversized woofer design creates increased cone area delivering higher output and audibly richer, deeper bass performance than it's slightly smaller sibling, the Motion 20. The addition of a dedicated mid-woofer also promotes an even more open, revealing and authentic sound in the critical midrange. Pairing this powerful trio with our Folded Motion tweeter creates audible acoustic alchemy across the frequency spectrum.
- This is one sweet tweeter
The Folded Motion Tweeter works by moving air (which creates sound) perpendicular to the folded ridges of the diaphragm, similar to how an accordion works. This extremely low mass diaphragm "squeezes" air and requires almost 90% less excursion than the typical 1" dome tweeter, which drastically minimizes distortion while providing a lightning fast response time. The increased surface area also provides a wide, yet controlled sound dispersion to create a realistic and carefully etched sound stage.
- Engineering Genius
What makes the Motion Series sound so amazing? MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineering team started by utilizing and refining the most advanced, compact technologies and combining them with innovative engineering. The result is an emotionally engaging sound that rivals (and most times trounces) traditional loudspeakers of similar size and price. Although our engineers won't reveal exactly how they make the sausage, here are a few technologies that help give MartinLogan Motion Series such a unique sound.
- A Versatile Performer
Each model feature dual sets of custom 5-way binding posts for bi-wire/bi-amp capabilities and powerful rear-firing bass port. Stability is enhanced to create tighter coupling between speaker and floor with the included spikes.
- Frequency Response: 40–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion: 80° x 80°
- High Frequency Driver
- 1” x 1.4” (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer
- 5.25” x 1.75” (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer:
- 5-1/2” (14cm) aluminum cone woofer in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format
- Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dust cap reduces cone break-up
- Low Frequency Transducer:
- Two 6-1/2” (16.5cm) aluminum cone woofers in a non-resonant asymmetrical chamber format
- Cast polymer basket. Rigid structured dust caps reduce cone break-up
- Sensitivity: 92 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 – 300 watts
- Crossover Frequency: 500 & 2,600 Hz
- Cabinet: Ported
- Components: Precision Vojtko™ with custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors. Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors in parallel
- Inputs: Custom 5-way bi-wire tool-less binding posts
- Height: 42.5"
- Width: 7.6"
- Depth: 12.8"
- Unit: 49 lbs (each)
- Shipping: 65 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited Warranty