Yamaha 5.1 Channel Black AV Home Theater Receiver, Model RXV473BL
Provides simple operation with network control via free Yamaha AV Controller App, plus enhanced audio capabilities with CINEMA DSP 3D for an enveloping home theater experience. Expand Apple® connectivity with AirPlay® and versatile USB input for iPad® compatibility. Be ready for the future with sophisticated technologies like 4k video pass-through and 20% less power consumption with ECO mode.
- 5-channel powerful surround sound (115W per channel)
- Discrete amp configuration
- Network functions such as AirPlay and AV Controller app
- 4K pass-through for next generation super high resolution images
- HDMI (4 in/1 out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- HD Audio decoding with CINEMA DSP 3D (17 DSP programs)
- Multi language color OSD
- ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption
4K pass-through for next generation super high resolution images
This AV receiver provides advanced HDMI features including 4K pass-through. 4K refers to four times the resolution of a 1080p display. While not yet available, 4K displays and sources are sure to become popular in the future. This receiver is capable of passing the 4K data from the source to the display, for image clarity far beyond present standards.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet Radio. The AV Controller app (from iTunes App Store or Android Market) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV Receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes App Store or Android Market to control power on/off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones. A tablet version is also available.
AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to AV receiver
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means they can accept wireless music streaming from iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can use view metadata such as song title, artist name as well as album art* via AV receiver's on-screen display.
YPAO Sound Optimization for Automatic Speaker Setup
YPAO analyzes the room acoustics and adjusts various audio parameters for optimum sound in just a few minutes. It’s like having a professional installer calibrate your system.
USB Digital Connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod/iPhone/iPad, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone/iPad is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control unit to operate the iPod/iPhone/iPad music playback functions.
SCENE for One-Touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV Receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can re-set the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of presence speakers.
Input Selection in HDMI Standby Through Mode
When the AV receiver is in HDMI Standby Through mode, the input source (Blu-ray™ Disc player, game console, etc.) for viewing on the monitor can be changed via the remote control. There’s no need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch sources.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV, and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like Skip and Stop.
Subwoofer Trim for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced enhanced bass sound.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialogue and vocals, and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials, and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
- Amplifier Section
- Channel: 5.1
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 1ch driven): 105W (8ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 85W (8ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 110/130/160/-W
- Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Audio Features
- YPAO sound optimization: Yes
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-250 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- Video Features
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- 4K Pass-through: Yes
- Extensive Connection
- HDMI Input/Output: 4 / 1
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input: iPod/iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: With access to vTuner Internet Radio service and DLNA 1.5 Compatible.
- Front AV Input: USB/Mini Jack/Composite
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 4 (front 1) / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout: Subwoofer
- Headphone Output: 1
- Tuner Section FM/AM Tuner: Yes
- User Interface
- App Control: Yes (iPhone/iPad/Android phone/tablet)
- On-screen display: Yes (Color OSD)
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset)
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): 0.1W
- Auto Power Down: Yes
- Height: 6-3/8"
- Width: 17-1/8"
- Depth: 12-3/8"
- Unit: 17.9 lbs
- Shipping: 20.94 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 2 Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above