Panasonic SMART VIERA 65" Full HD 3D Plasma Flat Panel HDTV, Model TCP65GT50
- Progressive Full HD 3D
- THX 3D Certified Display
- 2500 FFD
- Infinite Black Pro Panel
- VIERA Connect Wi-Fi built-in with Web Browser
- 3D Real Sound with 8 train Speakers
- VIERA remote App Support
- Glass and Metal Design
Active Shutter Progressive 3D Method
The display alternately shows images for the left and right eyes. The left and right lenses of the eyewear open and close in sync with this display timing to show separate images to the left and right eyes. By repeating this action at high speed, the brain perceives 3D images. And because this method displays FULL HD 3D images just as they are, both eyes receive 3D images in high, full-HD quality.
2,500 Focused Field Drive
This original Panasonic technology detects image movements like the human eye, and optimizes the drive accordingly. By achieving instantaneously powerful light emission rather than finely divided emission, it reduces the afterimages that cause blurring. As a result, fast movement is reproduced with excellent clarity.
Infinite Black Pro
Enhancements to the panel and cells help reproduce images with smooth, natural gradation and deep, rich blacks - even when viewed in bright surroundings. In movies, the true, deep blacks faithfully convey the intent of the filmmakers, adding power and realism to the viewing experience.
24,576 Equivalent Steps of Gradation
Even highly nuanced black images in dark areas that were previously impossible to express are now rendered with incredible fidelity. Finer light emission due to a newly developed drive technology raises the steps of gradation by as much as four times over previous systems. Nighttime skies and other dark areas that were prone to blocked shadows are beautifully reproduced.
Color Reproduction Faithful to the Original 1080p Pure Direct
The 1,080p Pure Direct function transmits and outputs high-quality YUV 4:4:4 30-bit video signals directly to the TV. This reproduces colors that are highly faithful to the original.
Pure Image Creation
Diagonal lines and edges are detected with high precision in each scene for all types of images, and optimal correction is applied to achieve beautiful, highly natural, noise-free lines.
Vivid Color Creation
The brightness, saturation, contrast and sharpness of colors are finely compensated in each scene. Highly vivid colors are produced with hardly any mutual interference. People's faces are also detected, and skin tones are beautifully corrected to ensure soft, natural complexions.
Easily Convert 2D Images into 3D
Unique Panasonic technology converts 2D images into high-quality 3D images in real-time. The image depth is analyzed from the compositional, color and brightness data of each scene, to convert 2D images into naturally beautiful 3D images. In addition to ordinary TV programs, this method can be used to convert a variety of 2D images — such as web content, Blu-ray Disc™ media, and photos and movies saved onto SD Memory Cards — into 3D images with a high level of precision.
3D 24p Cinema Smoother
Enjoy naturally flowing 24p films and familiar TV-like quality. In plasma displays, increasing the number of frames creates smoother images. When reproducing images from a 24p film source, VIERA's 24p cinema smoother function generates smooth, natural-looking images.
THX® 3D Certified Display
In order to enjoy the original image quality of a movie, you need to have a display that portrays the images exactly as the movie's creators intended. VIERA has cleared the high standards set by the THX Certified Display Program. It reproduces both 2D and 3D images with cinema-like quality. Enjoy beautiful images that are optimal for movies.
Eight dome-type microspeakers with reflectors deliver wide-ranging, high-quality sound. Only about 8 mm thick, these compact units also contribute to the beauty of the narrow-edge design.
Sound Lifting Driver
Original Panasonic acoustic-field compensation technology produces highly accurate sound imaging. Matched to human auditory characteristics, the frequency for the bandwidth in which the sound is located is adjusted and the optimal compensation is applied.
VIERA remote App Support: Smartphone Remote
VIERA remote App lets you use a smartphone or tablet device as a remote control. Tap and flick-based commands are intuitive. Text input is easy, too, with familiar keyboard operation. These handy devices also make great gamepads.
VIERA Connect is an internet service for TVs based on the use of cloud servers. It brings you video-on-demand (VOD), catch-up TV, games, educational content, and lots more, through a wide range of apps. It's a great way to relax in your living room with family and friends.
The browser supports HTML5 pages, so you can browse the Internet much like you do with a PC. Unlike a PC, though, the large screen allows the whole family or a group of friends to comfortably view a wide variety of content.
It is easy to connect to the internet or a home network by using the WiFi Built-In function. There is no need for cords or cables, so the layout is flexible and the room stays neat and uncluttered. Using a wireless connection for VIERA Connect and employing the DLNA function make it easy to share photos and movies.
A Home Network Linking the Entire House
A DLNA-compatible VIERA makes network connection super easy. It makes content easy to share by linking equipment over a home network. Enjoy photos, movies, music and more in the living room, bedroom, or any room in the house.
Games are much more fun when there's no lag in operation. VIERA automatically chooses settings that provide the optimal image, so you get super-fast response and no delays. Even dark scenes with delicately rendered details are beautiful and easy to see. Game mode makes all of the game apps on VIERA Connect even more fun to play.
Environment-Friendly Panel Mercury and Lead Free
Simply insert an SD Memory Card or USB memory stick into the slot to enjoy previously saved photos, video clips and music on VIERA's large screen. You can also add frames and other effects to your photos and videos, and create slide shows complete with background music. A wide variety of formats are supported, so you can listen to PC-based music files and web movies right on your TV.
Panasonic is committed to making our products more friendly to the environment. In line with this commitment, all VIERA plasma display panels are free of both lead and mercury. This reduces the impact on the environment years down the road when the TV is recycled or retired from use.
- Screen Size Diagonal: 64.7"
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Number of Pixels: 2,073,600 (1,920 x 1,080)
- Panel: G15 Progressive Full-HD NeoPlasma
- HDTV Display Capability (1080p, 1080i, 720p): Yes
- Aspect Control: 4:3, Zoom, Full, Just, H-fill for TV/AV modes / 4:3, Full for PC mode
- Shades of Gradation: 24,576 equivalent
- Fast Swichig Phosphor: Yes
- Filter: Infinite Black Pro
- Panel Drive: 2,500 Focused Field Drive
- 24p Playback (3:2)/24p Smooth: Yes/Yes
- 24p Cinematic Playback: 48 Hz
- THX Mode: Yes (3D/2D)
- Pro Setting: Yes
- Smart VIERA Engine Pro
- Smart VIERA Engine Pro (Dual core processor)
- Pure Image Creation
- Vivid Color Creation
- Facial Retouch
- Web Smoother
- 1080p Pure Direct
Full HD 3D
- 3D Panel: Yes (Active)
- 3D 24p Cinema Smoother: Yes
- 2D-3D Conversion: Yes (With Face Detection)
- Sound System: 3D Real Sound
- Number of Speakers: Front speaker (8 train speakers) x 2, Woofer (?100 mm) x 1
- Audio Output: 18 W (4 + 4 + 10)
- Surround Sound: AV Surround
- Integrated ATSC Tuner: Yes
- HDMI Input:
null / 4 (4 side)
- Support Feature: Audio Return Channel (Input 2)
- SD Card: Yes (SDXC)
- USB2.0: 3
- Analog Audio Input (for HDMI/DVI): Yes
- Composite Video Input shared with Component: RCA x 1 (lower)
- Audio Input (for Composite Video): RCA x 1 (lower)
- PC Input: D-sub 15-pin x 1 (lower)
- Component Video Input (Y, PB, PR) shared with Composite: RCA x 1 (lower)
- Audio Input (for Component Video): RCA x 1 (lower)
- Ethernet: 1 (lower)
- Digital Audio Output (Optical): 1 (lower)
- VIERA Connect (IPTV)
- Web Browser
- Skype while watching TV
- Social Networking TV (Faceboook/Twitter)
- VIERA Remote App Support
- Wireless LAN Adaptor (built-in)
- VIERA Link:
- VIERA Tools:
- Eco Mode:
- Game Mode:
- Pixel Orbiter (Anti-Image Retention)
- Trilingual Menu (English/Spanish/French)
- Built-In Closed Caption Decoder
- Off - Timers
- Media Player: null / yes (SD Card/USB)
- Support Format: AVCHD 3D/Progressive, SD-VIDEO/MotionJPEG (Lumix)/MKV/MP4/MOV/M4v/FLV/3GPP/VRO/VOB/TS/PS, MP3/AAC/FLAC, JPEG/MPO
- Power Supply: AC 120 V, 60Hz
- Receiving System: ATSC/QAM/NTSC
- Without Stand
- Width: 59"
- Height: 35"
- Depth: 1.9"
- With Stand
- Width: 59"
- Height: 37"
- Depth: 15.8"
- Unit: 105 lbs
- Shipping: 121.3 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts and Labor
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details