Martin Logan Stealth Series Edge High Performance White In-Wall Speaker, Model EDGEWH (Sold As Each)
Edge is the ultimate reference in-wall speaker for front, center or surround applications. Two 6.5-inch black aluminum cone woofers, two 3.5-inch black aluminum mid-woofers and a low-distortion Folded Motion™ XT tweeter provide deep bass, richly detailed highs, and an open & revealing midrange.
Edge’s robust mounting-lock system is coupled with a solid aluminum chassis. When not in use, the constant-control mounting locks are held securely within a self-contained housing. When moved into place during installation, they couple the chassis and add rigidity to the wall. Driver complements are held in place by a flush-mounted 3/4-inch solid high-gloss piano black baffle that hides mounting hardware for customers who want to showcase their speaker without a grille. The Folded Motion Tweeter rotates easily without the need for tools to allow precise sound dispersion either horizontally or vertically and can be performed post-installation.
Design and Aesthetics
Stealth Series speakers are designed to disappear visually into the room, and each one has a completely bezel-less, low-profile, paintable grille for the ultimate stealth installation. Our in-house design and engineering team also minimized the grille's perforated metal holes to create a more discreet look, without compromising the quality of sound. A magnetic system secures grilles easily into place, reducing the risk of warping or damage during installation.
We've also refined the look underneath the grille for those who want to show off their high-performance in-wall or in-ceiling speakers. The driver complements are held securely in place by a flush mounted 3/4-inch solid, high-gloss piano black baffle that hides all mounting hardware.
Quick, Trouble-Free Installation
Key to their sophisticated sound is an advanced topology Vojtko™ crossover network. Each crossover is built on top of double-layered, super-thick, black PC boards and constructed with the highest-quality components. Internals including massive air-core coils, thick, high-purity 16-gauge copper wire, and low-distortion polypropylene capacitors ensure that every nuance of the audio signal is preserved.
Critical to architectural products is their ease of installation. The Stealth Series continues MartinLogan's tradition of innovative engineering solutions which allow custom retailers to quickly and easily install their products. Each model features easy push style inputs and an extremely robust mounting-lock system that couples with the speaker's rigid aluminum chassis when installed.Axis and Edge in-wall models feature rotatable tweeters, which allows installers complete flexibility for both horizontal or vertical installation. Axis is sized to fit perfectly between standard 16-inch stud spacing for center channel applications.
- Frequency Response: 42–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion: 80° x 30°
- High Frequency Transducer: 1.25” x 2.4” Folded Motion XT Transducer with 4.5” x 2.75” diaphragm.
- Mid Frequency Transducer: Two 3.5” (8.9cm) aluminum cone with stamped steel basket. Concave dust cap
- Low Frequency Transducer: Two 6.5” (16.5cm) aluminum cone with cast aluminum basket. Concave dust cap
- Sensitivity: 95 dB @ 2.83 volts/ meter
- Impedance: 4 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20–300 watts
- Crossover Frequency: 400, 1800 & 3000 Hz
- Crossover Components
- Custom air core coil inductors
- Polyester film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors
- Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs: Push style binding posts.
- Height: 27.8”
- Width: 8.3”
- Depth: 3.9”
- Unit: 19 lbs
- Shipping: 23 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited Warranty
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice