Yamaha AVENTAGE Series 7.2 Channel Black AV Receiver, Model RXA820BL
Enjoy expanded zone options with powered Zone 2, Party Mode and Zone B dual HDMI outputs. Entertain with ease using the Yamaha AV Controller App optimized for Apple and Android phones and tablets, including Kindle Fire. Simplified Apple connectivity with AirPlay. 4K video upscaling for next generation displays. Advanced audio calibration (YPAO multi-point) ensures an optimized listening experience. Appreciate multiple ECO functions to lower power consumption.
- Designed to deliver the highest levels of audio performance
- Powerful 7-channel surround sound, 100W per channel (8 ohms, 20 Hz-20 kHz, 0.09% THD, 2ch driven)
- Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge helps to ensure that vibrations do not affect sound quality
- Network functions such as AirPlay and AV Controller App
- 4K pass-through and upscaling for next-generation high resolution images
- High quality video processing with precise deinterlacing
- HDMI (eight inputs - with one on front - and two out) with 3D and Audio Return Channel
- YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) sound optimization with multi-point measurement
- Versatile Zone control such as Zone 2 on/off and Party Mode
- HDMI Zone B for audio/video streaming to another room
- Advanced multi-language GUI on-screen display with album art
- Front panel USB Digital Connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad
- ECO mode operation for about 20% less power consumption
- Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for natural dialogue and vocals
- Newly designed preset remote
- Aluminum front panel offers visual and aural benefits
Designed to Deliver the Highest Levels of Audio Performance
The AVENTAGE line of high-performance AV receivers is based on the audio design concept of providing a massive, full-bodied sound for movie sound effects and the accurate reproduction of music sources. By expertly harmonizing traditional and advanced technologies, every factor that affects sound quality - from materials and parts to construction, layout, vibration damping (unique foot) and “fine-tuning” the sound - is handled with no other thought than to achieve the best possible audio quality. As a result, every AVENTAGE model has the ability to reproduce the most subtle details of high-definition sound so that listeners can enjoy a truly high-class sound studio experience at home.
Anti-Resonance Technology Wedge Helps to Ensure that Vibrations Do Not Affect Sound Quality
The Anti-Resonance Technology (A.R.T.) Wedge is a fifth foot in the center of the unit. It dampens vibrations from the power transformer, power transistors and heat sinks, as well as vibrations that might be caused by the sound from the speakers.
4K Pass-through and Upscaling Supports Latest High Resolution Video Formats
This AV receiver's HDMI input/output supports 4K video image pass-through. It also can perform 4K upscaling to boost a lower resolution image to super high-def resolution. This ensures compatibility with the latest super high resolution video formats.
High Quality Video Processing with Edge Adaptive Deinterlacing
In ordinary deinterlacing, pixels in areas of movement are interpolated by upper and lower ranges. This causes jaggies in diagonal lines. Edge adaptive deinterlacing detects the direction of the line and interpolates the pixels optimally.
HDMI with 3D and Audio Return Channel
3D means the receiver can handle 3D signal data. The Audio Return Channel function enables data to be sent and received via the same HDMI cable, so you can hear the sound from the TV via a single HDMI cable, with no need for an extra optical cable.
This AV receiver provides a variety of network functions that enable you to access more sources and also enhance operation. You can connect the receiver to a PC to enjoy Internet radio and operate your system via WebBrowser Control. The AV Controller App (from iTunes App Store or Google play) lets you control various functions from your iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android devices.
AV Controller App for Easy, Convenient Operation
This AV Receiver lets you use the Yamaha AV Controller app that is downloadable from the iTunes App Store or Google play to control power on/off and volume, select input and DSP modes and operate other functions from an iPod, iPhone, iPad or Android phones. A tablet version is also available.
AirPlay Allows Streaming Music to AV Receiver
This AV receiver supports AirPlay, which means it can accept wireless music streaming from an iPod touch, iPhone or iPad, as well as from iTunes on Macs or PCs. This makes it easy to enjoy music from your mobile devices or computer on your home theater system. You can view metadata such as song title, artist name, as well as album art* via the AV receiver's on-screen display.
USB Digital Connection for iPod, iPhone and iPad on the Front Panel
A USB port on the front panel allows convenient connection of an iPod/iPhone/iPad, which also charges when connected. Because the digital signal from the iPod/iPhone/iPad is transmitted directly to the AV receiver, there is no signal loss or interference, so you enjoy the best possible sound quality. In addition, you can use the receiver’s remote control unit to operate the iPod/iPhone/iPad music playback functions.
Input Selection in HDMI Standby Through Mode
When the AV receiver is in HDMI Standby Through mode, the input source (Blu-ray Disc™ player, game console, etc.) for viewing on the monitor can be changed via the remote control. There’s no need to turn on the AV receiver in order to switch sources.
HDMI CEC for Easy Operation
Another benefit of HDMI is the availability of CEC functionality. When the unit is connected to a CEC compatible TV, it will turn on and off together with the TV and you can use the TV remote to control the volume. CEC also provides advanced functionality with other components. For example, you can use the receiver’s remote unit to control player functions like skip and stop.
HDMI Front Panel Input
In addition to the large number of HDMI inputs on the rear panel, there is also one on the front panel. This gives you a convenient way to quickly plug in a digital camera or camcorder for highest quality pictures.
Advanced Multi-language GUI On-screen Display
Yamaha’s latest graphical user interface has a high resolution display with clear, easy-to-use menus and also includes a selectable status bar that shows input source, volume level, DSP mode and audio format. The GUI provides a choice of seven languages: English, French, German, Japanese, Russian, Spanish and Chinese and can be displayed over both normal and 3D pictures.
SCENE for One-touch Start
Pressing a SCENE button powers on the AV receiver and selects the input source and DSP mode. You can reset the buttons for different sources by selecting a source and DSP mode, then pressing a SCENE button for more than three seconds.
YPAO R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control) Sound Optimization with Multi-point Measurement
YPAO R.S.C. analyzes room acoustics and measures various speaker characteristics, then calibrates audio parameters to achieve optimum sound at any of eight listening positions. It employs Reflected Sound Control to correct early reflections for studio-quality sound. It also provides DSP Effect Normalization, which varies the CINEMA DSP parameters according to the reflected sounds.
Subwoofer Trim for Improved Sound Imaging
The Subwoofer Trim Control enhances the low frequencies by avoiding overlap with the front speaker output. This will result in a cleaner, more focused sound stage while providing a seamless frequency response. When subwoofer frequency overlap occurs in conventional systems, the overall sound is “pushed” toward the subwoofer. Subwoofer Trim takes care of this by separating the low subwoofer frequencies cleanly, thus stabilizing the front stage while providing a well-balanced, enhanced bass sound.
Compressed Music Enhancer
When music is encoded into a digitally compressed format like MP3, the frequency response suffers. Yamaha’s Compressed Music Enhancer employs sophisticated digital signal processing using exclusive algorithms to restore what was lost, so the music always sounds the way it should.
Dialogue Lift and Dialogue Level Adjustment for Natural Dialogue and Vocals
Dialogue Lift raises the sound of dialogue from the center speaker to a position in the center of the screen. Newly developed virtual dialogue lift achieves dialogue lift function even without the need for Presence speakers. Dialogue Level Adjustment lets you control the volume of the vocal sound, so you hear movie dialogue and music vocals at the ideal level for clear, comfortable listening.
HD Audio with CINEMA DSP 3D and Virtual Presence Speaker
CINEMA DSP 3D provides a wide, high and dense sound field. HD Audio format decoding lets you enjoy HD Audio sources. Virtual Presence Speaker delivers 3-dimensional sound without actual use of Presence speakers.
Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control)
Adaptive DRC automatically adjusts the dynamic range of the sound according to the volume level. This ensures that you hear clear dialog and vocals and all sound effects at comfortable levels. There is no need to adjust the volume level as you listen; everything from whispers to big explosions will be heard clearly and comfortably at the same volume setting. It also tones down loud TV commercials and is ideal for low-volume, late-night listening, when you do not want to disturb others.
ECO mode lowers power consumption by 20%
Yamaha’s new ECO mode reduces power consumption by about 20%. It can be set from the top of the GUI menu.
Low Standby Power Consumption
Yamaha makes its receivers eco-friendly with a low standby power consumption of 0.1W in IR Standby mode (3W in HDMI Standby Through mode, 2W in Network Standby mode).
Intelligent Amp Assign
Aluminum Front Panel Offers Visual and Aural Benefits
Intelligent Amp Assign automatically assigns amplifier channels to certain speakers, depending on what functions are selected. For example, in a 7.1-channel system, when Zone 2 is off, all 7.1 channels will be used in the Main Zone. However, when Zone 2 is on, power to the two surround back channels will be directed to the two speakers in Zone 2, and the Main Zone will receive 5.1 channels of power. Similarly, when CINEMA DSP 3D is on, the two Front Presence speakers will be powered and not the two surround back speakers. When CINEMA DSP 3D is off, this situation is reversed. Thanks to Intelligent Amp Assign, there’s no need to switch the speaker cables on the rear of the receiver—one more way Yamaha makes your life a little easier.
All of the AVENTAGE components feature the same sleek, clean design, with an elegant aluminum front panel and silky touch volume/selector knobs. The aluminum front panel is used to effectively shield sensitive circuitry from external noise and electronic radiation generated by dimmer switches, fluorescent lighting, video monitors and so on. This ensures optimum sonic performance in the widest range of installation environments.
- Channel: 7.2
- Rated Output Power (1kHz, 2ch driven): 110W (8ohms, 0.9% THD)
- Rated Output Power (20Hz-20kHz, 2ch driven): 100W (8ohms, 0.09% THD)
- Dynamic Power per Channel (8/6/4/2 ohms): 140/180/210/250W
Surround Sound Processing
- CINEMA DSP: Yes (3D)
- DSP Programs: 17
- Compressed Music Enhancer: Yes
- Virtual Presence Speaker: Yes
- Dialogue Lift: Yes (no Presence speakers required)
- SILENT CINEMA / Virtual CINEMA DSP: Yes
- Dolby TrueHD: Yes
- Dolby Digital Plus: Yes
- Dolby Pro Logic IIx: Yes
- DTS-HD Master Audio: Yes
- Dialog Level Adjustment: Yes
- Pure Direct: Yes (with video on mode)
- YPAO multi-point measurement: Yes with R.S.C. (Reflected Sound Control)
- Adaptive DRC (Dynamic Range Control): Yes
- Initial Volume & Maximum Volume Setting: Yes
- A.R.T. Wedge: Yes
- Bi-amp capability: Yes
- Audio Delay: Yes (0-500 ms)
- 192kHz/24-bit DACs for all channels: Yes (Burr-Brown)
- HDMI 3D passthrough: Yes
- HDMI Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Component upconversion: Yes (480i)
- HDMI upscaling: Yes (Analog to HDMI / HDMI to HDMI)
- Deep Color/x.v.Color/24Hz Refresh Rate /Auto Lip-Sync: Yes
- 4K Pass-through & 4K Upscaling: Yes
- HDMI Input/Output: 8 (front 1) / 2 (Simultaneous)
- HDMI CEC: Yes (SCENE, Device Control)
- USB Input: iPod/iPhone/iPad, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
- Network Port: Access to vTuner Internet Radio service and DLNA 1.5 compatible
- Dock Port: 1 (for optional YDS-12, YID-W10 or YBA-10)
- Front AV Input: HDMI, USB, Analog Audio, Optical and Composite
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Optical: 2 / 0
- Digital Audio Input/Output: Coaxial: 2 / 0
- Analog Audio Input/Output: 5 / 1
- Component Video Input/Output: 2 / 1
- Composite Video Input/Output: 5 (front 1) / 1
- Preout: 7.2ch
- Headphone Output: 1
- On-screen display: Graphical user interface
- SCENE: SCENE (4 sets)
- App Control: Yes (iPhone/iPad, Android phone/tablet, Kindle Fire)
- Web Browser Control: Yes
- Remote Control Unit: Yes (Preset)
- Zone 2 Audio Output: Line output
- Powered Zone: Zone 2
- RS-232C Interface: Yes
- +12V Trigger Output: 1
- Remote (IR) Input/Output: 1 / 1
- Zone B Output: Yes (HDMI)
- Standby Power Consumption (IR only): ≤ 0.1W
- Auto Power Down: Yes
- ECO Mode: Yes
- Height: 6-3/4"
- Width: 17-1/8"
- Depth: 14-1/2"
- Unit: 23.8 lbs
- Shipping: 29.76 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Three Years Parts