Nikon COOLPIX S30 White 10.1 Megapixel Digital Camera - COOLPIXS30WHITE
The COOLPIX S30 is a camera designed for the family. It’s water and shockproof
so no worries. Capture your world with stills and movies.
- A camera to go everywhere Families now have a camera to take wherever
they go. Waterproof and shockproof, the COOLPIX S30 is ideal for everything
from poolside fun to playground action. A 10.1 MP sensor produces top quality
images, ideal for printing and sharing. The 3x wide-angle lens frames clear
memories of all the important people and moments in your life.
- 10.1 Megapixel CCD Sensor
- 3x Wide-Angle Optical Zoom NIKKOR glass lens
- 2.7" Big, Bright LCD Monitor
- HD 720p Movies with Sound
- Ready for action Waterproof, shockproof** Drop it, toss it, throw
it in the pool. The S30 survives and lives to take the photo! Go underwater
to create photos and movies at depths down to about 9.8 feet (3 meters). It’s
also shockproof to withstand drops of up to about 2.6 feet.
- Super simple to use Easier than riding a bike! Get super simple
camera operation with the S30. You’ll love the oversized buttons designed
to make it easy to create photos and movies. And an easy-to-understand menu
makes photography a breeze.
- Fun for all Creative touches that inspire Have fun personalizing
the photos you take. There are a number of creative options such as Selective
Color that will inspire your creativity. The best part, immediately see how
the chosen effect alters an image! View it all on the large and sharp 2.7-inch
- Movie making made easy HD (720p) movies with sound A simple press
of the movie record button and cue the action. You will love playing director
and recording the action! Touch a button and start recording. Memorable moments
are saved in HD (720p). Show the family what you just filmed by viewing on
the 2.7-inch LCD monitor, or save for later and gather around to watch on
an HDTV or computer. Best yet, upload to the Web to share.
- Share the magic In-camera slideshows with music Instantly review
and laugh over the pictures and movies of the day with the easy slideshow
mode. Select playback effects and built-in music to accompany your show—fun
to share with friends and family. Connects easily to a TV (optional EG-CP14
audio video cable required). Share the sights and sounds of your adventure.
- Portraits made easy! When your subject smiles the camera automatically
takes the shot…easy!
- Images are sharp and clear Electronic VR Image Stabilization minimizes
the effects of camera shake for sharper, clearer images.
- Make close-up magic With the S30 get as close as 2 inches from your
subject for a new close-up view of your world.
- Just aim and shoot Use Easy Auto mode for the times when you simply
wish to enjoy the moment. Relax and let the camera do all the work. Just turn
on the camera and press the shutter!
- Type Compact Digital Camera
- Effective Pixels 10.1 million
- Image Sensor CCD
- Sensor Size 1/3 in.
- Total Pixels 10.34 million (approx.)
- Lens 3x optical Zoom-NIKKOR glass lens
- Lens Focal Length 4.1-12.3mm (angle of view equivalent to that of 29.1-87.3
mm lens in 35mm  format)
- Lens f/-number f/3.3-5.9
- Lens Construction 6 elements in 5 groups
- Lens Zoom 3x
- Digital Zoom Up to 4x (angle of view equivalent to that of approx. 349 mm
lens in 35mm  format)
- Vibration Reduction Electronic VR
- Autofocus (AF) Contrast-detect TTL AF
- Autofocus (AF) Focus-area selection Center Face priority
- Focus Range [W]: Approx. 1 ft. (30 cm.) to infinity [T]: Approx. 1 ft. 8
in. (50 cm.) to infinity Macro close-up mode: Approx. 2 in. (5 cm.) to infinity
- Focus Lock
- Monitor Size 2.7 in. diagonal
- Monitor Type TFT-LCD with 5-level brightness adjustment
- Monitor Resolution 230,000-dots
- Monitor Frame coverage (shooting mode) 98% horizontal (Approx.) 98% vertical
- Monitor Frame coverage (playback mode) 100% horizontal (Approx.)
- Storage Media SD memory card SDHC memory card SDXC memory card
- Internal Memory Approx. 47MB
- Storage File System DCF EXIF 2.3 DPOF compliant
- Storage File formats Still pictures: JPEG Audio files: WAV Movies: AVI (Motion-JPEG
- Movie HD: 1280x720p / 30fps Standard TV: 640x480 / 30fps
- Voice Memo Function
- Image Size (pixels) 3648 x 2736 (10M)
- ISO Sensitivity ISO 80-1600 Auto (auto gain ISO 80-1600)
- Lowest ISO Sensitivity 80
- Highest ISO Sensitivity 1600
- Exposure Metering 256-segment matrix, center-weighted
- Exposure Control Programmed auto exposure (shutter speed, ND filter selection
and ISO sensitivity) Flexible program with motion detection
- Exposure Modes Programmed Auto
- Scene Modes Close Up Fireworks Show Food Underwater
- In-Camera Image Editing Border Crop Filter Effects Rotate image Small Picture
Exposure Compensation ± 2 EV in steps of 1/3
- Exposure Lock
- White Balance Auto Manual
- Shutter Mechanical and charge-coupled electronic shutter
- Shutter Speed 1/1000-1 sec. (when ISO sensitivity set to Auto) 4 sec. (when
scene mode is set to Fireworks show)
- Top Continuous Shooting Speed at full resolution Up to 4 shots at approx.
1.5 frames per second
- Continuous Shooting Options Continuous Interval Timer Single
- Aperture Electronically-controlled ND filter (-3 AV) selection
- Self-timer 10 second duration
- Built-in flash Range (approx.) (ISO sensitivity: Auto) [W]: 0.3 to 3.5m
(1ft. to 11ft.) [T]: 0.5 to 2.0m (1ft 8 in. to 6 ft 7 in.)
- Built-in Flash Control TTL auto flash with monitor preflashes
- Built-in Flash
- Interface Hi-speed USB
- Interface Data transfer protocol MTP PTP
- Video Output NTSC PAL I/O terminal Audio/video (A/V) output Digital
- I/O (USB)
- Supported Languages Arabic Brazilian Portuguese Czech Chinese (Simplified
and Traditional) Danish Dutch English Finnish French German Greek Hindi Hungarian
Indonesian Italian Japanese Korean Norwegian Polish Portugese Romanian Russian
Spanish Swedish Thai Turkish Ukranian Vietnamese
- Power Sources 2 AA-size batteries
- Battery / Batteries AA (Alkaline, NiMH, Oxyride or Lithium)
- Battery Life (shots per charge) AA Alkaline: 240 shots AA Lithium: 700 shots
EN-MH2: 410 shots *Based on Camera and Imaging Products Association (CIPA)
standards for measuring the life of camera batteries. Measured at 23(-/+2)°C
(73(-/+4)°F); zoom adjusted with each shot, flash fired with every other shot,
image quality set to Normal, image size set to 3648 x 2736 (10M). Battery
life may vary depending on shooting interval and length of time menus and
images are displayed.
- Tripod Socket ¼ (ISO 1222)
- Operating environment Temperature: 0 to 40°C (32 to 104°F)
What's In The Box:
- AN-CP19 Strap
- UC-E16 USB Cable
- Two AA Alkaline Batteries
- BU-1 O Ring Cleaning Brush
- NikonView NX 2 CD-ROM
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 4 lbs
- Depth: 1.6"
- Height: 2.6"
- Width: 4.1"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts