JL Audio W3 Series 6.5" Subwoofer Driver, Model 6W3V34
If you need a small-format subwoofer that really delivers in extremely small enclosures, this is where your search ends. The 6W3v3 is a true subwoofer, through-and-through. It employs the same technologies as its larger diameter brethren to deliver a whopping 0.35 in. (8.9 mm) one-way linear excursion.
The 6W3v3-8 is best used with amplifier power in the 50W - 150W range and is optimized to operate in a tiny 0.15 cu. ft. (4.2 l) sealed enclosure, or a 0.25 cu. ft. (7.1 l) ported enclosure. Detailed enclosure recommendations can be found in the "Specifications" tab.
- Dynamic Motor Analysis
JL Audio's proprietary Dynamic Motor Analysis system is a powerful suite of FEA-based modeling systems, first developed by JL Audio in 1997 and refined over the years to scientifically address the issue of speaker motor linearity. This leads to vastly reduced distortion and faithfully reproduced transients... or put simply: tight, clean, articulate bass.
- Elevated Frame Cooling
JL Audio's patented Elevated Frame Cooling design delivers cool air through slots directly above the top-plate to the voice coil of the speaker. This not only enhances power handling, but also sound quality by minimizing dynamic parameter shifts and power compression.
- Floating Cone Attach Method - FCAM™
This assembly technique, conceived by JL Audio, ensures proper surround geometry in the assembled speaker for better excursion control and dynamic voice coil alignment.
- Vented Reinforcement Collar
JL Audio's patented Vented Reinforcement Collar (VRC®) improves the rigidity and stability of the cone/spider/voice coil junction and directs airflow over the voice coil windings for improved thermal performance.
- Insert Molded Suspension / Coil / Terminal Sub-Assembly
Spiders, voice coils, terminals and lead wires are preassembled, using a patent-pending process, onto a composite carrier for improved precision and reliability.
- Customizable Trim Ring
This removable ring can be painted to match the installation theme and directly receives JL Audio grille mesh inserts (sold separately).
- Engineered Lead-Wire System
Carefully engineered lead-wire design and attachments ensure controlled, quiet lead-wire behavior under the most extreme excursion demands.
- Precision Built in U.S.A.
JL Audio's Miramar, Florida loudspeaker production facility is one of the most advanced in the world.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 150 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power 50 - 150 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) 4 Ohms
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 41.80 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.533
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 11.027
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.508
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 0.181 cu ft / 5.13 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.35 in / 8.89 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no) 0.067%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 80.49 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 17.36 sq in / 0.0112 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re) 3.476 Ohms
- Nominal Diameter 6.5 in / 165 mm
- Overall Diameter 6.85 in / 174 mm
- Mounting Hole Diameter (B) 5.5 in / 140 mm
- Bolt Hole Circle 6.125 in / 156 mm
- Magnet Diameter 4.25 in / 108 mm
- Mounting Depth 4.25 in / 108 mm
- Driver Displacement 0.02 cu ft / 0.57 L
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts And Labor