Sony 7.2 Channel Black Wi-Fi Network AV Receiver - STRDN1030
If you are thinking of getting yourself a swanky new receiver, Sony could be your first choice for many reasons. One of the very well-known ranges of models is the Sony AV Receiver - STRDN1030. This is the only midrange receiver that comes with a built-in Wi-Fi and connectivity to Bluetooth.
Apart from the wireless features, the Sony STRDN1030 comes with in-built AirPlay functionality as well. The host of features also includes a DLNA support and built-in streaming services called the Slacker and Pandora. The 5 HDMI inputs supported by this AV receiver are sufficient for most home theaters.
The rest of Sony's audio-video connectivity in this receiver is pretty extensive, as it has 3 digital audio inputs (2 optical and 1 coaxial), 2 component video inputs, and 5 analog audio inputs. With the AirPlay integration, you can now access music directly from your iPhone/iPod or even iPad for that matter, along with music apps such as Spotify and iHeart radio. Sony Channel Black AV Receiver - STRDN1030 easily supports these features.
You can even play your music or videos wirelessly with the help of Bluetooth and enjoy continuous streaming. When hooked to your home network, the Sony STRDN1030 receiver can be easily controlled using Sony's smartphone application called Media Remote. This app available for both Android and iOS.
You can also connect your gaming devices such as PlayStation 3 and Blu-ray player with the receiver. There are 2 component inputs that provide HD-capable flexibility and connectivity as well. This system also comes with a 3D pass-through feature, which allows you to enjoy HD Blu-ray and 3D movies, 3D games, and other content with compatible HDTVs and players. You should definitely go for the Sony Channel Black AV Receiver - STRDN1030 as it happens to be one of the most affordable receivers in the market today, offering features that are not generally found in the products in this price bracket.
- 7.2 Channel 1015W A/V Receiver (145W x 7 @ 8 ohms 1kHz 0.09% THD1 ch. driven)
- Built-in WiFi for easy access to Music Services like Pandora and more
- Stream music from your iPhone/iPad, iTunes or compatible Apps with AirPlay
- Built-in Bluetooth for music streaming from your smart phone or tablet
- 7 HD Inputs (5 HDMI™,2 Component)
- Sound Optimizer let’s you hear all sound effects at any volume
- Upconvert/Upscale from analog to 1080i via HDMI™ (Faroudja DCDi Edge )
- HD Digital Cinema Sound™ with Front-High speakers (HD DCS)
- Control with your iPhone or Android devices with free Apps
- Wireless multi-room with HomeShare
- 3D Ready
- Advanced On-screen graphical user interface
- Advanced Digital Cinema Audio Calibration for Quick Set-Up
- IR in/out
- Dolby® TrueHD, Pro logic IIz and dts® HD Enhanced Audio Codecs2
- iPod®/iPhone® music and video playback with charging via USB5
- Audio Return Channel uses just one cable for TV audio7
- Standby pass-through of Audio & Video via HDMI™ connected devices
- Fully Assignable inputs allows for use of all connections
- BRAVIA® Sync for multi-device control w/ one remote4
- 24p True Cinema™ pass-through
- iPod®/iPhone® Music and Video playback with included dock
Listen to music and watch video stored on your iPod® or iPhone® while charging
your device with the included dock.
- 7 HD Inputs
Get versatile HD connection options with seven HD inputs. Five HDMI™ inputs
(up to 1080/24p capable) let you connect a Sony® PlayStation® entertainment
system, Blu-ray Disc™ player, any 2 other HDMI-capable devices, for high definition
video and audio. Two component inputs (1080/60i capable) provide added HD-capable
connectivity and versatility.
- Up convert/UpscalesVideo signal to near HD via HDMI™
Improve image quality of analog connected devices to near HD. Analog connected
device signals are converted to digital and output via HDMI™, making one cable
connection from the receiver to the HDMI-enabled TV possible.
- HD Digital Cinema Sound and Front High Speakers
Optimize your receiver to mimic the sound characteristics of movie theaters.
Front Height mode enables vocal height and 3D effects for better positioning
of effects giving added depth to visuals and concerts.
- On-screen graphical user interface
Set-up, control the A/V receiver, and browse iPod®/iPhone® music with an intuitive
on-screen graphical user interface. Change inputs, adjust settings and confirm
volume levels on-screen.
- 3D Pass-through
Compatible with Blu-ray 3D™ movies, video games and other 3D content
- Advanced Blu-ray Disc™ Audio Decoding
Experience sound closer to the way it was captured with LPCM, Dolby® trueHD,
ProLogicIIz and dts®-HD master audio codecs.
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration - Quick Speaker Set Up
Ensure you get the best sound experience from your A/V receiver and speakers
with Digital Cinema Auto Calibration. Simply place the included microphone
where you will be seated and settings are automatically optimized based on
the distance, delays and placement of your speakers.
- Audio Return Channel
Eliminate the need for extra cables connected to your TV. This feature allows
audio to be sent from your compatible TV to your receiver through the same
HDMI™ cable already being used to send audio and video to your TV.
- Standby pass-through of Audio & Video
Conveniently access all your HDMI™ connected devices without having to power
on the receiver.
- Assignable digital audio and video inputs
Get the most out of each audio and video input with the ability to reassign
inputs to support connected devices.
- BRAVIA® Sync Capable
Conveniently operate and control select Sony® BRAVIA® Sync devices with one
remote including: Sony Blu-ray Disc™ Players, BRAVIA® HDTVs, Sony home theater
- 24p True Cinema™ (pass-through)
Watch Blu-ray Disc™ movies in their native frame rate (24 frames per second)
when paired with a 24p HDTV and playback device like a Blu-ray Disc™ Player
or PlayStation® gaming console via HDMI™ cable.
- Bi-AMP: Yes
- Digital Legato Linear: Yes
- Type: Analog
- 4 Ohm/8 Ohm Switching: No(8 Ohm only)
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- Analog Direct: Yes
- Number of amp. channels: 7ch (Sub must be self powered)
- Sound Optimizer: Yes
- Speaker Selector: A/B/ A+B
- Speaker Terminal: Screw (Ni)
- Sub Woofer X' Over: 17 points (40-200Hz)
Inputs and Outputs
- DTS HD/DolbyTruHD/Dolby Digital+: Yes/Yes
- 96k/24Bit PCM: Yes
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes
- DTS 96/24/ DTS NEO:6: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Digital: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- Dolby Prologic/II /Iix /Iiz: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Dolby TruHD/Dolby Digital +: Yes/Yes
- LPCM (2CH/5.1CH/7.1CH) thru HDMI: Yes(Yes/Yes/Yes)
- Front Input: Yes (AV(Gold/Black)+USB)
- Bluetooth: Yes
- Ethernet (Switching HUB): 1
- USB: 1 (Front:iPhone/WM) (support format: MP3, AAC, WMA) support iPhone4s
spec: (DC 5V, 1.0 A MAX)
- 8Ohms 1kHz: 110W + 110W
- 8Ohms 20-20kHz: 100W + 100W
- Total: 1015W (145/ch x 7 (8 ?, 1kHz, 0.9% THD 1ch)
- (8Ohms 1kHz) THD: 1%
- (8Ohms 20-20kHz) THD: 0.09%
- A.F.D. Auto: Yes
- 2ch: Yes
- Analog Direct: Yes
- HD-D.C.S.: Yes (SB/FH)
- Headphone 2ch: Yes
- Headphone Direct: Yes
- Jazz Club: Yes(SB/FH)
- Live Concert (Live House): Yes(SB/FH)
- Multi Stereo: Yes (SB/FH)
- Neo:6 Cinema: Yes
- Neo:6 Music: Yes
- PLII Movie: Yes
- PLII Music: Yes
- PLIIx Movie: Yes
- PLIIx Music: Yes
- PLIIz Height: Yes
- Portable Audio Enhancer: Yes
- Sound Field Link: Yes
- Sports: Yes (SB/FH)
- Stadium: Yes (SB/FH)
- Center: Yes
- Front A (L/R): Yes
- Front High (L/R)/ Surround Back/ Front B for Common Use: Yes
- Surround (L/R): Yes
- Surround Back (L/R): Yes
- Front (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes
- Auto Tuning: Yes
- Direct Tuning: Yes (RM)
- FM/AM: Yes/Yes
- Preset Channel (Sirius/XM/FM/AM): TTL60 (-/-/30/30)
- Station Name: Yes
- A/V In: Including Front AV: 3
- Component Video In: 2
- HDMI In: 5
- A/V Out (Inc. Monitor Out): 1
- Component Video Out (inc. Monitor Out): 1
- HDMI Out: 1
- Automatic Phase Matching: Yes
- Band: 6
- D.C.A.C. EX / Advanced D.C.A.C. / D.C.A.C.: Advanced D.C.A.C.
- Grade (Gold/Silver/Bronze): Silver
- Mic: MONO
- A/V SYNC: Yes(Variable)
- A/V Sync Sampling Frequency: 192kHz
- A/V Sync Time (msec): 0-300msec
- A/V Sync auto mode: Yes
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Audio Widget: Yes
- BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC Control): Yes
- HDMI Pass Through: Yes
- HDMI Version: 1.4a
- HDMI(tm) video output capability: 1080P/24P/Deep Color/x.v.Color (xvYCC)
- Video Up Converter (Analog Component/HDMI): No/Yes
- Video Up Scaler (Analog; Component/HDMI): No/Yes(1080i)
- DLNA Party Streaming: Yes
- Description Language: English
- Direct Ether Update: Yes
- Internet Radio Service: Yes (vTuner/Slacker/Pandora)
- Mobile Application: Media Remote (iPhone/Android)
- Music Decoding Format for Network Client: WAV ( LPCM ), MP3, WMA, AAC, FLAC
- Network Client: Yes (Music)
- Network Renderer: Yes
- Assignable Component Video IN: Yes
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Digital Input Assign: Yes
- GUI: Yes (Simple)
- GUI Blending INPUT (from: Composite/Component/HDMI): Yes (Yes/Yes/-)
- GUI Blending OUTPUT (to: Composite/Component/HDMI): Yes (-/-/Yes)
- GUI Language: English
- Pin Jack: Nickel
- Power Consumption: 240W
- Power Consumption (Power Stand By): 0.3W (When Control for HDMI, Network
standby and Bluetooth Standby are set to off, and the receiver in zone 2 is
- Power Requirement: 120V 60Hz
- Remote Commander: PP (RM-AAP078)
- Sleep Timer: Yes (up to 2 hours)
- USB UPDATE: Yes
- iPod Browsing with System (via USB): Yes (Video/Music)
- Unit: 24 lbs
- Shipping: 27 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above
- Requires 3D content, 3D HDTV, 3D glasses and HDMI® cable (at least 10.2
- Requires HDMI® cable and LPCM capable receiver.
- Requires HDTV with equivalent display and HDMI cable sold sep.
- Syncs with BRAVIA® Sync or Theatre Sync™ products.
- iPod® support is limited to the following players: iPod touch®, iPod classic®,
iPod nano® 1st, 2nd & 3rd generation, iPod® 4th& 5th generation & iPod mini
and iPhone 3G, 3Gs and 4G models.
- Requires HDMI® cable sold sep.
- Requires HDTV and HDMI® cable sold sep.
- 980 Watts Total System power (140W x 7 @ 8 ohms 1kHz 0.05% THD).