Klipsch 8" White Pivoting 2-Way In-Ceiling Speaker, Model CDT2800CII
With integrated whole-house audio systems becoming more popular than ever, Klipsch designed the CDT-2800-C II to meet the market's demand for a high-performance in-ceiling loudspeaker that easily challenges the inherent limitations of fixed locations.
Thanks to a patent-pending gimbal mechanism known as Controlled Dispersion Technology (CDT) both the high and low frequencies of the CDT-2800-C II can be directed towards the listening area. With the 100 degree symmetrical Tractrix® Horn, directing sound is more accurate than a typical dome tweeter which disperses a wider breadth of sound, leading to more reflected sounds that blur sonic details. The 8-inch Polypropylene woofer also has great positioning capabilities. It can rotate a full 360 degrees and then shift 15 degrees in any direction. This flexibility combined with the swiveling tweeter puts you in complete control of where the sound will go.
Available in a paintable white finish, the CDT-2800-C II can be paired with the Klipsch IK-800-C installation kit (sold separately). With a mud ring breakaway wire tie and color-coded brackets, it also includes perforated metal wings that easily fasten to the studs via screws staples or nails. It can also be paired with the ME-800-C fire rated speaker enclosure (sold separately) to meet local building codes and/or reduce sound transfer to adjoining rooms.
- Horn-loaded technology increases acoustic output while significantly reducing distortion
- Controlled Directivity Technology™ directs high and midbass frequencies to the main listening area
- Elegant new, low-profile SlimTrim™ magnetic grille
- Built From: 2012
- Crossover Frequency: 2177Hz
- Drive Components: Two-way system using one 1" (2.5cm) silk dome tweeter with a swiveling 100 Tractrix Horn and one 8" (20.3cm) pivoting poly woofer
- Frequency Response: 65Hz-20kHz 3dB
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
- Power Handling: 50 watts (200 watts peak)
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 100W
- Sensitivity: 93dB @ 1 watt/1 meter
- Wire Gauge Accommodated: 12
- Diameter: 11"
- Cutout Dimensions: 9.8"
- Mounting Depth: 5.4"
- Unit: 7.1 lbs
- Shipping: 9 lbs