Sony Black Digital Flash Voice Recorder - ICDUX523BLK
Capture live music, notes from a meeting or simply your thoughts for later
with enhanced recording features like 4GB internal memory, an expandable microSD
memory card slot and direct connect USB.
Featuring enhanced MP3 and Linear PCM recording features with 4GB1 internal
flash memory, the UX523 recorder is perfect for capturing music, notes from
a meeting or just to hear yourself think out loud. Expandable microSD memory
card slot makes it easy to add storage space and direct connect USB makes file
transfer and recharging the battery a breeze. Finding an exact spot in your
recording is now easier than ever. Place up to 98 track marks in each recorded
file which can be "jumped" to for playback. Scene Select option can be used
to optimize settings based on the environment.
- 3-IN-1 STEREO RECORDER Voice recorder, music player, and USB flash
memory. Capture and playback voice or music notes, plus store and transfer
files via the direct connect USB.
- USB DIRECT CONNECT Transfer files quickly without searching for a
USB connection cable. With direct connect, simply connect the recorder to
a PC or Mac® USB input.
- ALARM Set a future date and time and the recording will automatically
- DPC Digital Pitch Control enables the recording to be played at a
faster or slower rate without changing the pitch.
- EASY SEARCH Rewinds or Fast Forwards in short increments making it
easier to locate a segment in a long recording for review.
- HOLD LOCK Disable all button functions with the HOLD-POWER switch
and avoid unintended recordings and unit operation.
- MICRO SD CARD SLOT Provides the capability to provide additional
recording time using a removable flash memory media that can be removed and
stored or used to transfer recordings to a computer.
- PERSONALIZED FOLDER NAMES (w/ a PC) Allows the folder names to be
personalized such as NOTES, HISTORY CLASS, SCHEDULE etc.
- SOUND ORGANIZER SOFTWARE BUNDLE FOR PC Software bundle that allows
editing, viewing track marks, CD/DVD burning, playback with Intelligent Noise
Cut™ and other useful features.3
- TRACK MARK Finding an exact spot in your recording is now easier
than ever before. Place up to 98 track marks in each recorded file which can
be "jumped" to for playback.
- VOR Voice Operated Recording starts and stops the recording when
sound of a sufficient level is picked up by the microphone. This feature saves
valuable recording time by not recording periods when there is little or no
- INTELLIGENT NOISE CUT™ MODE A unique and innovative technology from
Sony, Intelligent Noise Cut™ mode significantly reduces ambient noise during
recording for clearer playback.
- SCENE SELECT An easy to use system that allows the user to select
pre-determined recording modes. The device automatically adjusts the unit
to the optimal recording settings: notes, lectures, music etc.
- BACKLIT DISPLAY Convenient when using the unit in a low light environment.
- DRAGON® COMPATIBLE / CERTIFIED The recording quality of the unit
has been optimized and validated by Nuance to work with the Voice to Print
Dragon NaturallySpeaking® software (sold sep.).
- FOLDER The UX523 comes preset from the factory with 5 folders for
convenient storage of your voice recordings and audio files. Using a PC, you
can even rename the folders to suit your needs.
- LOW CUT FILTER This feature, when activated, helps reduce the effect
of wind noise in your recordings.
- MULTI LANGUAGE MENU Enables the menu language to be displayed in
English, French or Spanish.
- RECORD/PAUSE Provides the ability to pause the recording process,
gather your thoughts and then continue recording in one easy step.
- STEREO MICROPHONE Record in stereo with the built-in stereo microphone.
- USB PC & MAC® COMPATIBLE Works with Windows® as well as Macintosh®
- MUSIC RECORDING & PLAYBACK The UX523 provides flexibility in audio
recording and playback. Music can be recorded in MP3 or linear PCM. For playback,
the UX523 supports MP3/WMA/AAC files.1
- A-B REPEAT Mark the beginning and ending of a particular recorded
passage and the recording will be played over and over again- great for language
- CALENDAR VIEW Easily search for recordings by day with the calendar
- EARPHONE JACK A listening device can be plugged into the recorder.
- HI / LO MICROPHONE SENSITIVITY Set the recorder for dictation and
notes or for conferences and lectures.
- MIC JACK Allows for connecting to either an external microphone or
- NOISE CUT Ability to electronically reduce external noise during
- 6 RECORDING MODES Select from six recording modes:LPCM- (44.1 kHz/16
bit) uncompressed stereo recording for best quality, recording capacity and
is ideal for music recitals.MP3 192 kbps-(44.1 kHz/128 kbps) monaural recording
for standard quality, 46 hour recording capacity.MP3 128 kbps-(44.1 kHz/128
kbps) monaural recording for long-play, 69 hour recording capacity.MP3 160
kbps (mono)-(44.1 kHz/160 kbps) high-quality monaural recording mode, 55 hour
capacity.MP3 48 kbps (mono)-(44.1 kHz/48 kbps) monaural recording for standard
quality, 184 hour recording capacity.MP3 8kbps (mono)-(11.025 kHz/8 kbps)
monaural recording for low quality, 1108 hour recording capacity.
- SYNC RECORD When recording directly from an external device, the
Sync Record function can be used to automatically pause the recorder during
silence and resume recording when sound is detected.
- USB CHARGE Ability to charge a rechargeable battery in the recorder
via USB connection.
- Format(s) Supported : MP3 files: Bit Rate: 8 kbps - 192 kbps, VBRSampling
Frequencies: 16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48 kHzFile Extension: .mp3 WMA files:Bit
Rate: 32 kbps - 192 kbps, VBRSampling Frequencies: 44.1 kHzFile Extension:
.wma AAC-LC files*:Bit Rate: 16 kbps - 320 kbps, VBRSampling Frequencies:
11.025/12/16/22.05/24/32/44.1/48 kHzFile Extension: .m4a* Copyright-protected
files playback not supported PCM files:Bit Rate: 16 bitSampling Frequencies:
44.1 kHzFile Extension: .wav
- Frequency Range : LPCM 44/16: 50 - 20,000 HzMP3 192k: 50 - 20,000 HzMP3
128k: 50 - 16,000 HzMP3 160k: 50 - 20,000 HzMP3 48k (Mono): 50 - 14,000 HzMP3
8k (Mono): 60 - 3,400 Hz Microphone : Built-in, Stereo Microphone Recording
System : Digital Stereo
- Recording Media : Built-In Flash Memory 4GB³ and Memory Card Expansion Slot
- Recording and Playback Times : LPCM 44.1k 6HMP3 192k: 44H 40MMP3 128k: 67H
5MMP3 160k (Mono): 53H 40MMP3 48k (Mono): 178HMP3 8k (Mono): 1073H2
- Type of Use : Ultra Portable Voice Recorder
- Memory Size : 4 GB (approx. 3.6 GB = 3,865,470,566 bytes)
- Speaker Dimensions : Approx. 13/16 in. (20 mm) diameter
- Type : Built-in
- Microphone Sensitivity Feature (Hi/Med/Lo)
- Recording Features : 5 Modes: Linear PCM / LPCM (44.1kHz, 16bit): Non-compressed
High-Quality stereo modeSHQ (44.1kHz, 192kbps): Super High- Quality stereo
modeHQ (44.1kHz, 128kbps): High-Quality stereo modeSP (44.1kHz, 48kbps): Standard
Play monaural modeLP (11.025kHz, 8kbps): Long Play monaural mode
- Display : Full Function LCD Display with LED operation indicator
- Battery Type : "AAA" x 1
- Output Power : 90 mW
- Power Requirements : One LR03 (size AAA) alkaline battery: 1.5 V DCOne NH-AAA
rechargeable battery: 1.2 V DC
- Message Folder(s) : 5 folders
- On-Screen Clock
- Safety Lock (Hold Function)
- Search Features : Cue/Review, Easy Search, Track Mark
- Voice E-Mail Function
Inputs and Outputs
- Headphone Output(s) : 1 (Minijack, Stereo) output for headphones 8 - 300
- Microphone Input : 1 (Minijack, Stereo) Plug in Power capable, minimum input
level 0.9 mV
- USB Port(s) : 1 (Type-A jack), High-Speed USB Compatible
- Operating System Compatibility : Windows® 7 Ultimate, Windows® 7 Professional,
Windows® 7 Home Premium, Windows® 7 Home Basic, Windows® 7 Starter, Windows
Vista® Ultimate Service Pack 2 or higher, Windows Vista® Business Service
Pack 2 or higher, Windows Vista® Home Premium Service Pack 2 or higher, Windows
Vista® Home Basic Service Pack 2 or higher, Windows® XP Media Center Edition
2005 Service Pack 3 or higher, Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2004 Service
Pack 3 or higher, Windows® XP Media Center Edition Service Pack 3 or higher,
Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 or higher, Windows® XP Home Edition
Service Pack 3 or higher, Mac OS X (v10.3.9-v10.6), pre-installed
- Supplied Software : Application Software, Sound Organizer (CD-ROM) (Windows®
What's In The Box:
- IC Recorder (1)
- USB extension cable (1)
- NH-AAA (size AAA) rechargeable battery (1)
- Operating Instructions (1)
- Stereo headphones (1)
- Application Software, Sound Organizer (CD-ROM) (1)
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Depth: 0.562"
- Height: 4.125"
- Width: 1.5"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts