Sony 4GB Red E Series Walkman Video MP3 Player - NWZE473RED
Introducing the thinnest Walkman media player ever, where music and video are
just the beginning. The E Series Sony Walkman sports easy drag-and-drop content
transfer from iTunes and Windows Media Player plus up to 36 hours1 of audio
playback on a single charge—all in an ultra-slim design that fits in your pocket
with room to spare. Enjoy amazingly clear music and razor-sharp videos when
you're on the move, working out or passing time on your daily commute. With
an ultra-bright, lightning-fast 2" LCD display, your photos, videos and album
artwork will pop with rich color and clarity. The built-in FM radio connects
you to your favorite stations, while two pre-loaded games keep you entertained
for hours. Includes EX earbud headphones and a USB cable.
- Take your entertainment with you The slim design of the Sony® NWZ-E470
series Walkman® MP3 Player allows you to enjoy your favorite audio and video
files, look at personal photos or simply listen to the built in FM radio.
- Small in size, BIG in file capacity The redesigned NWZ-E470 series
Walkman® at 7mm is 30% thinner than previous models at 10mm. At just 7.0 mm
thick, it’s the thinnest Walkman model in history. Streamlined for portability,
the NWZ-E470 series can store hours of music, videos and personal photos thanks
to the internal 4 GB memory2.
- Dynamic Equalizer Dynamic Normalizer balances the volume level between
songs. With this setting, when listening to album songs in the shuffle play
mode, the volume level between songs is moderated to minimize the difference
in their recording levels.
- Built-in Gaming The NWZ-E470 series Walkman® comes pre-loaded with
two relaxing games. Users can select between a colorful puzzle organizing
game or a challenging numbers organization game. (similar to a falling block
games & Sudoku)
- Bookmarking with Multiple Playlists Users can bookmark songs and
add them to 5 configurable playlists.
- Open, charge and listen Everything you need is in the box including
USB cable and soft hybrid silicone EX headphones.
- Rechargeable battery built-in The built-in lithium ion battery provides
up to 36 hours of audio playback or 6 hours of video playback per charge.1
- Easy Content Transfer The Media Go™ application for Windows® allows
you to transfer your favorite music, videos, playlists, and photos to your
Walkman® easily. You can drag and drop the data from iTunes® for Windows,
Windows Media Player or Windows Explorer.
- Discover music with Music Unlimited The NWZ-E470 series is compatible
with Sony’s Music Unlimited service3, offering users access to millions of
songs plus sync your personal library. Choose any album or song or sit back
and enjoy channels.
- Voice Recording Using the built-in microphone you have a handy way
to take a note or just have fun.
- Language Learning Function Learning a new language is made easier
thanks to the adjustable playback speed control, A-B repeat and rewind functions.
- Lightning-fast LCD display The 2" QVGA (320x240) high-brightness
screen, color LCD provides fast, rich viewing of photos, videos, and album
artwork. Users can even save their personal photos as background wallpaper.
- Solid Sound Exclusive Sony® Clear Audio Technologies -- Clear Stereo,
Clear Bass Audio Technologies and Digital Sound Enhancement Engine -- restore
the clarity and depth of digitally compressed music. With the integrated 5
band equalizer, you can dial in the sound according to genre or create two
custom EQ curves.
- Keep track of time The NWZ-E470 Walkman® player has a built in clock
function with alarm and sleep timer functions.
- Display song lyrics Load .lrc lyric files for your favorite songs
and set the lyrics to scroll by in sync to the music.
- Create Channels with SensMe™ feature SensMe™ tone analysis keeps
your music in tune with your mood. SensMe software application automatically
groups your music into channels based on beats-per-minute, making listening
and managing your content even simpler.
- AVLS : Volume Limit ON/OFF
- Antenna System : FM: Headphone Cord Antenna
- Equalizer : 5 Band Equalizer with 6 presets: Heavy/ Pop/Jazz/ Unique/Custom
1/Custom 2 & Clear Bas
- Format(s) Supported : MP3 / WMA / AAC-LC / L-PCM
- Frequency Response : 20 - 20,000Hz (When playing data file, single signal
- Station Preset(s) : up to 30 FM presets
- Tuner Frequency Range : 87.5 to 108.0 MHz
- Tuner Type : Digital FM Tuner
- Audio Power Output : 5mW+5mW
- Karaoke : Karaoke / Language study: Off / Language study / Maximum Karaoke
Mode / Minimum Karaoke Mode
- Multiple Language Display : German/English/Spanish/French/Italian/Polish/Portuguese/Russian/
Turkish/Japanese/Korean/Simplified Chinese/Traditional Chinese
- On-Screen Display : Portrait orientation (Landscape orientation during video
- Search Features : All Songs/Album/Artist/Genre/Release Year/Playlists/Bookmark/Folder/
- Headphone Type : MDR-EX083
- Interface : Hi-Speed USB with WM-PORT(22pin)
- System Requirements : IBM PC/AT or compatible computer preinstalled with
the following Windows operating systems 1:
- Windows XP Home Edition 2 (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows XP Professional 2 (Service Pack 3 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Basic (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Home Premium (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Business (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows Vista Ultimate (Service Pack 2 or later)
- Windows 7 Starter (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Basic (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Home Premium (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Professional (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Windows 7 Ultimate (Service Pack 1 or later)
- Not supported by OSs other than above [Compatibility mode] for Windows XP
(included with Windows Vista and Windows 7) is not supported.
- 1 Excluding OS Versions not supported by Microsoft.
- 2 Excluding 64-bit OS versions. CPU: 1 GHz processor (2.6GHz recommended
for video playback) RAM: 1 GB or more Hard Disk Drive / Solid State Drive:
600MB or more of available space Internet Explorer 7 or later Internet connection
(for Gracenote® MusicID® service, podcast features, Store access, and online
help) We do not guarantee operation for all computers even if they meet the
above System Requirements. Not supported by the following environments: Personally
constructed computers or operating systems An environment that is an upgrade
of the original manufacturer-installed operating system Multi-boot environment
Mac OS Design and specifications are subject to change without notice.
- Operating Temperature : 5 'C to 35 'C (41 'F to 95 'F)
- Play Mode : Normal / Repeat / Shuffle / Shuffle&Repeat / Repeat Song/Playback
Range / Display Lyrics/ Karaoke / Language study
- Simulated Surround : VPT (Studio / Live / Club / Arena / Matrix)
- Sound Mode : DSEE: Digital Sound Enhancement Engine; 5-band equalizer (None/Heavy/Pop/Jazz/Unique/Custom
1/Custom 2) ; VPT (Studio/Live/Club/Arena/Matrix); Clear Stereo (On/Off);
Clear Bass; Dynamic Normalizer (On/Off); DPC (Speed Control: x0.5/x0.7/x0.9/Off/x1.1/x1.25/x1.5/x1.75/x2.0)
- Display Technology : TFT color display with white LED-backlight, QVGA(320
x 240 Pixels) Screen Size : 2'' QVGA (320 x 240 Pixels)
Inputs and Outputs
- Headphone Output(s) : 1 (1/8" stereo mini jack)
- Automatic Shut-off : Sleep Timer Settings : Off/After 30Min/After 60Min/After
- Recording Modes : Voice Recording
- Backlit Color : White LED-backlight
- Recommended Use : Music / Video / Photo / FM / Podcast playback
- Memory Size : 4GB
- User Memory Capacity (Approx.) : 3.17 GB (3,408,855,040 bytes)
- Battery Charging (Approx) : USB based charging: 3 Hours (full charge), 1.5
- Battery Life (Approx) : Music: 36 Hrs.; Video: 6 Hrs.; FM Radio: 12 Hrs.
; Voice Recording: 3 Hrs.
- Power Type : Built-in Rechargeable Li-ion Battery
What's In The Box:
- Walkman® player
- USB cable
- MDR-EX083 Earbud headphones
- Quick Start Guide
- Earbud adapters (S,M, L)
- Software: The software is stored in the built-in flash memory of the player,
and includes the following items: Media Go, Walkman Guide & User Guide. For
details on how to install, refer to “Quick Start Guide”.
- Unit: 1 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- Depth: 0.31"
- Height: 3.88"
- Width: 1.75"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts