Canon EOS Rebel T4i Digital SLR Camera With 18-135mm Lens - REBELT4I18135KIT
Inspiration On Demand. Canon is proud to introduce its most sophisticated
Rebel ever—the EOS Rebel T4i DSLR! Built to make advanced photography simple
and fun, the new Rebel T4i delivers phenomenal image quality, high performance,
and fast, intuitive operation. This EOS Rebel amps up the speed with the powerful
DIGIC 5 Image Processor that helps make high-speed continuous shooting of up
to 5.0 fps possible—great for capturing fast action. An 18.0 Megapixel CMOS
sensor ensures that every image is shot in superb, high resolution; and an extended
ISO range of 100-12800 gives photographers the opportunities to take the Rebel
T4i into more shooting situations than ever before. A 9-point all cross-type
AF system (including a high-precision dual cross f/2.8 center point) delivers
improved autofocus performance, and a new Hybrid CMOS AF System increases autofocus
speed when shooting photos and video in Live View. For users interested in creating
impressive videos, the Rebel T4i is ready to help you create your next masterpiece.
Movie Servo AF provides continuous focus of moving subjects, so you never miss
a moment. A built-in stereo microphone and manual audio level adjustment helps
ensure that your audio will match the stunning quality of your video. First
ever for an EOS Rebel, the Rebel T4i features a Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch
Clear View LCD monitor II, which allows fast and intuitive camera operation.
Add compatibility with Canon's proven EF and EF-S lenses and a slew of EOS accessories,
the Rebel T4i is an incredibly versatile tool for creating the images and videos
- 18.0 Megapixel CMOS (APS-C) sensor, 14-bit A/D conversion, ISO 100-12800;
expandable to 25600 (H) for shooting from bright to dim light and high performance
DIGIC 5 Image Processor for exceptional image quality and speed.
- High-speed continuous shooting up to 5.0 fps allows you to capture all the
- Improved autofocus performance with a 9-point all cross-type AF system (including
a high-precision dual-cross f/2.8 center point), and new Hybrid CMOS AF increases
autofocus speed when shooting photos and video in Live View.
- Enhanced EOS Full HD Movie mode with Movie Servo AF for continuous focus
tracking of moving subjects, manual exposure control and multiple frame rates
(1080: 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p, 720: 60p (59.94) / 50p, 480: 30p
(29.97) / 25p), built-in stereo microphone, manual audio level adjustment,
and Video Snapshot with editing for expanded video shooting options.
- New Vari-angle Touch Screen 3.0-inch Clear View LCD monitor II (approximately
1,040,000 dots) with smudge-resistant coating features multi-touch operation
and Touch AF for an easy and intuitive experience, flexible positioning, and
clear viewing even when outdoors.
- Scene Intelligent Auto Mode delivers expertly optimized photos and now offers
improved scene detection for amazing results when shooting at night.
- Expand your creativity with new advanced imaging features like Handheld
Night Scene mode, HDR Backlight Control mode, and seven Creative Filters including
newly added Art Bold Effect and Water Painting Effect.
- Multi Shot Noise Reduction provides outstanding noise reduction while preserving
precious detail at high ISO speeds.
- Compatibility with SD/SDHC/SDXC memory cards, including new Ultra High-Speed
- Compatible with the full line of Canon EF and EF-S lenses.
- Type Digital, AF/AE single-lens reflex, camera with built-in flash
- Recording Media SD card, SDHC card, SDXC memory card * Compatible with Ultra
High Speed (UHS-I) and Eye-Fi Cards.
- Image Format 22.3 x 14.9 mm (APS-C size)
- Compatible Lenses Canon EF lenses including EF-S lenses (35mm-equivalent
focal length is approx.1.6x the lens focal length)
- Lens Mount Canon EF mount
- Type CMOS Sensor
- Pixels Effective pixels: Approx. 18.0 megapixels
- Pixel Unit 4.3 µm square
- Total Pixels Total pixels: Approx. 18.50 megapixels
- Aspect Ratio 3:2 (Horizontal : Vertical)
- Color Filter System RGB primary color filters
- Low Pass Filter Fixed position in front of the CMOS sensor
- Dust Deletion Feature (1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit Removes dust adhering
to the low-pass filter. Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking approx.
2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking
approx. 5 sec.). (2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending The coordinates
of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and
appended to subsequent images. The dust coordinate data appended to the image
is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots. (3)
- Recording Format Complies with Design rule for Camera File system 2.0 and
- File Size (1) Large: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184 x 3,456) (2) Medium:
Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3,456 x 2,304) (3) Small 1: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels
(2,592 x 1,728) (4) Small 2: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280) (5) Small
3: Approx. 350,000 Pixels (720 x 480) (6) RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5,184
- Backup Recording N/A
- File Numbering The following three types of file numbering method can be
set: (1) Continuous numbering * The numbering of captured images will continue
even after you replace the camera's card. (2) Auto reset * When you replace
the camera's card, the numbering will be reset to start from 0001. If the
new card already contains images, the numbering will continue from the last
recorded image in the card. (3) Manual reset * Resets the file number to 0001,
and creates a new folder automatically.
- RAW + JPEG Simultaneous Recording Large RAW and JPEG images are recorded
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- Picture Style Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome,
User Defined 1-3
- Settings Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy (Twilight and Sunset), Tungsten
Light, White Fluorescent Light, Flash, Custom (Custom White Balance: Approx.
2,000° - 10,000° K)
- Auto White Balance Auto white balance with the image sensor
- Color Temperature Compensation White balance correction: Blue/amber bias:
±9 levels Magenta/green bias: ±9 levels * Correction based on the current
WB mode's color temperature.
- Color Temperature Information Transmission Provided
- Type Eye-level SLR (with fixed pentamirror)
- Coverage Vertical/Horizontal approx. 95%
- Magnification Approx. 0.85x / 23.8°
- Eye Point Approx. 19 mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
- Dioptric Adjustment Correction -3.0 to +1.0 m-1 (dpt)
- Focusing Screen Fixed
- Mirror Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflection ratio of 40:60)
- Viewfinder Information 1) AF information (AF points and focus confirmation
light) 2) Exposure information (Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always
displayed), AE lock, exposure level, spot metering circle, exposure warning)
3) Flash information (Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed
sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light) 4) Image information (Highlight tone
priority (D+), monochrome shooting, maximum burst (1-digit display), white
balance correction, SD card information)
- Depth Of Field Preview Enabled with depth-of-field preview button
- Type TTL-CT-SIR AF-dedicated CMOS sensor
- AF Points 9 points (All AF points are cross-type at f/5.6., Center AF point
is diagonal cross-type at f/2.8.)
- AF Working Range EV -0.5 - 18 (at 23°C/73°F and ISO 100, based on Canon's
- Focusing Modes (1) Autofocus One-Shot AF Predictive AI Servo AF AI Focus
AF (*Switches between One-Shot AF and AI Servo AF) (2) Manual focus (MF)
- AF Point Selection (1) Manual selection (2) Auto selection * Automatically
set in Basic Zone modes.
- Selected AF Point Display Indicated by superimposed display in the viewfinder
and on the LCD monitor
- AF Assist Beam (1) Intermittent firing of built-in flash (2) Effective range:
Approx. 13.1 ft./4 m. at center, approx. 11.5 ft /3.5 m. at periphery * With
an EOS-dedicated Speedlite attached, the Speedlite's AF-assist beam is emitted
instead. * Compatible with assist-beam (intermittent firing) of 270EX II,
320EX, and 270EX flashes.
- Metering Modes Real-time evaluative metering with image sensor Evaluative
metering, partial metering (center: approx. 9% of viewfinder), spot metering
(center: approx. 4% of viewfinder), center-weighted average metering * AE
lock possible. The active metering time can be changed.
- Metering Range EV 1.0 - EV 20.0 (at 73°F/23°C with EF50mm f/1.4 USM lens,
- Exposure Control Systems
- Creative Zone (1) Program AE (shiftable) (2) Shutter-priority AE (3) Aperture-priority
AE (4) Manual exposure (including bulb)
- Basic zone (1) Scene Intelligent Auto (Program AE / non-shiftable) (2) Flash
Off (3) Creative Auto (4) Portrait (5) Landscape (6) Close-up (7) Sports (8)
Night Portrait (9) Handheld Night Scene mode (10) HDR Backlight Control mode
- ISO Speed Range
- For Stills: 1. Manual setting range of ISO 100-12800, expansion to ISO 25600
2. Auto, ISO 100-6400 (in whole-stop increments) - In Creative Zone modes,
the maximum ISO speed (ISO 400, 800, 1600, 3200, or 6400) for ISO Auto can
be set. - With C.Fn-6-1 (Highlight tone priority), ISO 200 or higher will
be set. Shooting Mode ISO Settings Scene Intelligent Auto, Flash Off, Creative
Auto, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, HDR Backlight Control mode
ISO 100–6400 Handheld Night Scene mode ISO 100–12800 Portrait ISO 100 fixed*1
P, TV, Av, M*2 ISO–6400*3 With flash ISO 400 fixed*4,5 *1: When the built-in
flash is retracted, the ISO speed will be set automatically within ISO 100–6400.
*2: Fixed at ISO 400 for Bulb exposures. *3: Depends on the maximum ISO speed
that has been set. *4: If fill-flash will result in overexposure, the lowest
ISO 100 is set. *5: If you use bounce flash with an external Speedlite in
the Creative Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, and P modes, the
ISO speed is set automatically within ISO 400–1600 (or up to the maximum limit)
to match the brightness.
- Exposure Compensation Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments (AEB
±2 stops) AEB : ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments * If the exposure
compensation exceeds ±2 stops, the left or right icon appears in the viewfinder.
* Manual exposure compensation and AEB can be set in combination. * AEB is
set in the following sequence: Standard exposure, decreased exposure, and
increased exposure. * If AEB is used with the self-timer, the three bracketed
shots will be taken in succession after the 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay.
- AE Lock (1) Auto AE lock * In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering,
AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved. (2) Manual AE lock * In the P,
Tv, Av, and M modes, enabled with the AE lock button. (Press again to update.)
* Enabled in all metering modes.
- Type Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically-controlled
- Shutter Speeds 1/4000 to 1/60 sec., X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Scene Intelligent
Auto) 1/4000 to 30 sec., bulb, X-sync at 1/200 sec. (Total shutter speed range.
Available range varies by shooting mode.) * Settable in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments.
- Shutter Release Soft-touch electromagnetic release
- Self Timer 10-sec. or 2-sec. delay
- Shutter Lag Time (1) During SW-1 ON, time lag between SW-2 ON and start
of exposure: Approx. 0.075 sec. (2) Time lag between simultaneous SW-1/SW-2
ON and start of exposure: Approx. 0.150 sec. * Time lag with the aperture
stopped down by 3 stops or less. Excludes AF operation time.
- Remote Control Compatible with Remote Controller RC-6, RC-1, and RC-5 Remote
control mode (via menu) for video shooting provided * You can start or stop
video shooting immediately with the wireless remote control's 2-sec. delay
mode (operates as immediate start/stop). * Still photo shooting is possible
with the wireless remote control's immediate shutter-release mode.
Built in Flash
- Type Auto pop-up, retractable, built-in flash in the pentamirror
- Flash Metering System E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and
average flash metering), FE lock
- Guide Number Approx. 13/43 (at ISO 100 in meters/feet)
- Recycling Time Approx. 3 sec.
- Flash Ready Indicator Flash-ready icon lights in viewfinder
- Flash Coverage Up to 17mm focal length (equivalent to approx. 28mm in 135
- FE Lock Provided
- Flash Exposure Compensation Up to ±2 stops in 1/3- or 1/2-stop increments
Flash exposure compensation for built-in flash and Speedlite can be set with
- Flash Metering E-TTL II autoflash (evaluative flash metering and average
flash metering), FE Lock
- Flash Exposure Compensation ±2 stops in 1/3-stop or 1/2-stop increments
- FE Lock Provided
- PC Terminal Not Provided
- Drive Modes Single, Continuous, 10-sec. self-timer/Remote control, 2-sec.
self-timer, Continuous shooting after 10-sec. self-timer (2 to 10 shots)
- Continuous Shooting Speed Max. approx. 5.0 fps (with One-Shot AF or AI SERVO
AF) * Same as with Battery Grip BG-E8 loaded with size-AA/LR6 alkaline batteries.
- Maximum Burst Based on 8GB memory Card: JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 22 Shots
RAW: Approx. 6 Shots RAW+JPEG Large/Fine: 3 Shots Based on UHS-I memory card:
JPEG Large/Fine: Approx. 30 Shots RAW: Approx. 6 Shots RAW + JPEG Large/Fine:
Live View Functions
- Shooting Modes Still photo shooting and video shooting
- Focusing (1) Autofocus - Face Detection + Tracking AF - FlexiZone - Multi
(31 zones, AF at the touched Zone) - FlexiZone - Single - Quick Mode AF (2)
Manual focusing *Magnify the image by 5x or 10x and focus manually.
- Metering Modes Evaluative metering, partial metering, spot metering, center-weighted
- Metering Range EV 0 to EV 20 (At 23°C/73°F, 50mm f/1.4 lens, ISO 100)
- Grid Display Provided (Two-type grid displays)
- Exposure Simulation Provided
- Silent Shooting Not provided
- File Format MOV (Image data: H.264; audio: Linear PCM (Stereo))
- File Size Recording Size: Recording Size: [Full HD] 1920 x 1080: 330 MB/min.
[HD] 1280 x 720: 330 MB/min. [SD] 640 x 480: 82.5 MB/min.
- Frame Rates 1920 x 1080 (Full HD): 30p (29.97) / 24p (23.976) / 25p 1280
x 720 (HD): 60p (59.94) / 50p 640 x 480 (SD): 30p (29.97) / 25p
- Continuous Shooting Time
- [1920 x 1080] 30 fps: Approx. 22 min. 25 fps: Approx. 22 min. 24 fps: Approx.
- [1280 x 720] 60 fps: 22 min. 50 fps: 22 min.
- [640 x 480] 30 fps: 1 hr. 32 min. 25 fps: 1 hr. 32 min.
- Focusing (1) Autofocus 1. Face Detection + Tracking AF 2. FlexiZone - Multi
(31 zones, AF at the touched zone) 3. FlexiZone - Single (2) Manual focus
1. Magnify the image by approx. 5x or approx. 10x and focus manually. 2. Magnified
view is not possible during video shooting.
- Range Auto ISO range: ISO 100-6400 Manual ISO range: ISO 100-6400, H12800
*If highlight tone priority is set, automatically set within ISO 200 or higher.
- Exposure Control (1) Program AE for video shooting * In Basic Zone modes,
P, Av, and Tv modes * Shutter speed 1/30 - 1/4000 sec. (Signal accumulation
time), aperture, and ISO speed automatically set. (2) Manual exposure * For
manual exposure. * Shutter speed (signal accumulation time), aperture, and
ISO speed (auto/manual) manually set. The shutter speed (signal accumulation
time) is limited to 1/4000 sec. at the maximum and to 1/30 sec. at the minimum
for 24/25/30 fps or 1/60 sec. or higher for 50/60 fps.
- Exposure Compensation Provided (±3 stops in 1/3-stop increments) * For video,
exposure compensation will not be applied beyond ±3 stops even if the exposure
compensation has been set beyond ±3 stops.
- Type TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with Touch Panel LCD (capacitive
- Monitor Size 3.0 in. (Screen aspect ratio of 3:2)
- Pixels Approx. 1,040,000 dots
- Coverage Viewing Angle: 170° (vertically and horizontally)
- Brightness Control Auto: Brightness adjusted automatically by the light
sensor, Manual: 7 levels provided
- Coating Anti-smudge coating
- Interface Languages 25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese,
Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish, Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech,
Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional
Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
- Display Format (1) Single image display Single image, basic information,
detailed information, histogram display (2) Index display 4-image index and
9-image index. (3) Jump display (Image jump w/ Main Dial) 1/10/100 images,
shooting date, by folder, movies, stills, rating
- Highlight Alert On the detailed information and histogram displays, highlight
areas with no image data will blink.
Quick Control Function
- Items When you press the Quick Control function button under the following
conditions, you can set the functions below: *The settable functions depend
on the shooting mode (1) With viewfinder shooting: Shutter speed, aperture,
ISO speed, exposure compensation, AEB, flash exposure compensation, Picture
Style, white balance, Auto Lighting Optimizer, built-in flash func. setting,
AF mode, drive mode, metering mode, and image recording quality. (2) With
Live View shooting: AF mode, drive mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto
Lighting Optimizer, image-recording quality, and built-in flash func. setting.
(3) With video shooting: AF mode, white balance, Picture Style, Auto Lighting
Optimizer, image recording quality (stills), video-recording size, and video
Image Protection and Erase
- Protection Erase protection can be applied/canceled for a single image,
all images in a folder, or all images in the card.
- Erase Erase single image, erase selected images, erase all images on folder,
erase all images in a card, or erase only unprotected images.
- Compatible Printers PictBridge-compatible printers
- Printable Images JPEG images complying to Design rule for Camera File System
RAW images printable. Video cannot be printed.
DPOF: Digital Print Order Format
- DPOF DPOF print ordering provided (Complies to DPOF Version 1.1) * If both
Standard and Index are set, only Standard will take effect for printing.
Direct Image Transfer
- Compatible Images Not Provided
- Custom Functions Eight Custom Functions with 24 settings settable with
- Custom Controls Not Provided
- My Menu Registration Up to six top-tier menu options and Custom Function
settings can be registered
- USB Terminal For personal computer communication and direct printing (USB
- Video Out Terminal (1) Video OUT terminal: NTSC/PAL selectable (2) mini-HDMI
- Extension System Terminal Not Provided
- Battery One Battery Pack LP-E8 * With the AC Adapter Kit ACK-E8, AC power
is possible. * With BG-E8, two battery packs (LP-E8) can be used. Or six size-AA/LR6
batteries can be used.
- Battery Life 1) Camera body only Shooting Method Temperature Shooting Conditions
AE 100% AE 50%, FA 50% Viewfinder Shooting At 73°F/ 23°C Approx. 550 shots
Approx. 440 shots At 32°F/ 0°C Approx. 470 shots Approx. 400 shots Live View
shooting At 73°F /23°C Approx. 200 shots Approx. 180 shots At 32°F/ 0°C Approx.
170 shots Approx. 150 shots 2) With Battery Grip BG-E8 Shooting Method Battery
Temperature Shooting Conditions (Approx.) AE 100% AE 50%, FA 50% Viewfinder
Shooting LP-E8 x 1 Same as (1) LP-E8 x 2 At 73°F/ 23°C Approx. 1100 shots
Approx. 880 shots At 32°F/ 0°C Approx. 940 shots Approx. 800 shots Size AA/LR6
Alkaline Batteries At 73°F/ 23°C Approx. 470 shots Approx. 270 shots At 32°F/
0°C Approx. 130 shots Approx. 80 shots Live View shooting LP-E8 x 1 Same as
(1) LP-E8 x 2 At 73°F/ 23°C Approx. 400 shots Approx. 360 shots At 32°F/ 0°C
Approx. 340 shots Approx. 300 shots Size AA/LR6 Alkaline Batteries At 73°F/
23°C Approx. 180 shots Approx. 150 shots At 32°F/ 0°C Approx. 30 shots Approx.
- Battery Check Automatic battery level check when power is turned ON. Battery
level indicated in one of four levels on LCD monitor.
- Power Saving Power turns off after the set time of non-operation elapses
* [Auto power off] settable to 30 sec., 1 min., 2 min., 4 min., 8 min., 15
min. or disable
- Date/Time Battery Built-in secondary battery. When fully-charged, the date/time
can be maintained for about three months.
- Start-up Time Approx. 0.1 sec. (Based on CIPA testing standards)
- Working Temperature Range 32-104°F/0-40°C
- Working Humidity Range 85% or less
- Unit: 2 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Depth: 3.1"
- Height: 3.9"
- Width: 5.2"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts