Polk Audio 8" In-Wall Speakers, Model RC85I
Let’s change our point of view. Instead of having four big box speakers all around our home theater room, let’s see what happens if we remove two, or even all four. Let’s take away the boxes, and all the wiring clutter and floor space they take up, and let’s do some simple construction. Cut some holes in our walls, fish some wire, and drop in some remarkable built-in speakers. Now we have no speaker clutter, lots more breathing space in our room, and we haven’t sacrificed a lot of performance. That’s because we dropped in RCi Series in-wall speakers. Big sound from Dynamic Balance® tuned drivers, aimable tweeters for exact imaging, and no internal resonances with the simple, secure Rotating Cam installation. Where’s all that great sound coming from? Nowhere! Everywhere! All around!
The RC85i features a big 8-inch driver, perfect for applications that demand higher volume levels and deeper bass response. Build a completely stealth home theater system (with the RC85i as your left/center/right stage, and a pair or more of RC65i as your surrounds), or complete a more traditional speaker system with additional multi-zone sound. Use the floor space you save to add more chairs, invite some friends over.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
- With infinite baffle tuning, RCi speakers utilize the “virtual enclosure” of your in-wall and in-ceiling space to enhance their bass response and smooth low frequency blending with the midrange.
- Lightweight and stiff blue polymer cones deliver excellent damping and bass response.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-molded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- Aimable swivel tweeters for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging. (All models except RC6s.)
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimization uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Rustproof stainless steel hardware, durable butyl rubber surrounds and powder coated aluminum (in-ceiling) & painted steel (in-wall) grilles make RCi Series speakers suitable for high moisture areas like bathrooms, transitional spaces or even under eaves or in the ceiling of an enclosed porch. (RCi series are not suitable for exposed outdoor use. For outdoor speaker fun, use our Atrium® Series.)
- Paintable grilles let you build them in, and then forget all about them; RCi Series speakers practically disappear into any room.
- RCi Series speakers are timbre-matched to other Polk speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
- Quantity 1
- Diameter 1" (2.54cm)
- Type Dynamic Balance tweeter with metalized soft dome in swivel mount
Mid / Woofer
- Quantity 1
- Diameter 8" (20.32cm)
- Type Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polymer cone and rubber surround
- Total Frequency Response 30Hz - 20kHz
- Upper -3dB Limit 20 kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit 50 Hz
- Nominal Impedance 8 ohms
- Efficiency 90 dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power 20 - 100 watts per channel
- Width: 10.06" (25.56cm)
- Height: 14.13" (35.88cm)
- Depth: 3.44" (8.73cm)
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Lifetime Warranty