Sony Single DIN Car Stereo With Pandora Control - CDXGS500R
The App Remote feature provides safe control of select apps8 from your iPhone®.
Stream Pandora® internet radio from your iPhone4, playback your digital music
files1 from CD or using the USB 1-wire input. Experience great sound quality
thanks to the Advanced Sound Engine and customize the receiver’s display color
to match your mood.
- Easy access to select iPhone® apps
Sony’s exclusive App Remote feature combines music and select iPhone®4 apps8
into a single source list that can be safely displayed and controlled directly
from your receiver. Application content is displayed on your iPhone while
audio content plays through your speakers.
- Versatile rear USB 1-wire input cable
Connect, control and charge your Walkman®, iPod®3, iPhone®3, Android™6, Blackberry®6,
or other compatible USB device2 while accessing your digital music files using
the rear mounted, 1.5 meter long USB input cable. You can also view metadata
like song title and artist on the front display.
- Pandora® Internet Radio Control
Pandora® is the leading internet radio service, giving people music they love
anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The CDX-GS500R provides
complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone®.
- 5V RCA outputs for system expansion
When you’re ready to expand your system, the CDX-GS500R delivers a robust
5 volts to front, rear and subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs for external amplifiers.
The adjustable subwoofer level control also lets you dial in the bass when
you’re ready to pump it up.
- Variable Color Illumination
Match your radio’s illumination to complement your existing vehicle lighting
components with the Dynamic Color Illuminator™. With selectable Sound Synchronization,
the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source.
- SiriusXM™ Satellite radio ready
The on-board SiriusXM™ connector simplifies satellite radio installation by
eliminating compatibility issues and providing direct connection to the new
platform of tuners.
- Intuitive music search features
Use Quick-BrowZer® to find music by artist, album, genre, song or playlist.
Jump Mode allows you to fast forward through a category in 10% increments
while the ZAPPIN™ feature can play a 6, 9, or 30 second intro clip to help
you find a specific song.
- Plays CDs and popular digital files
Multi-format playback lets you play your MP3, WMA, or AAC songs. Hear digital
music files in their original vibrancy with DM+ (Digital Music Plus), a Sony®
codec enhancer that reproduces detailed frequencies from compressed audio
- Custom sound settings with EQ7
The Advanced Sound Engine uses EQ7 equalizer, adjustable LPF/HPF crossovers,
Listener Position calibration, DM+ advanced sound restoration, Rear Bass Enhancer,
and Dynamic Loudness volume leveler to deliver an impressive listening experience.
- Smooth playback transitions
Automatic Level Optimizer analyzes each tracks playback levels and adjusts
output level to optimize transitions between tracks and sources.
- Convenient control panel design
The easy-to-read single line LCD display shows source information, clock,
station ID and track data when playing back digital files from CD or external
USB devices. Front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio
device to your car's sound system.
- Powerful in-dash amplification
The internal Dynamic Reality Amp delivers 52 watts x 4 to your interior speakers,
allowing you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low
noise levels and smooth frequency response. Your music isn’t just louder,
its clearer too.
- The immaculate reception
The Digital Clarity Tuner delivers industry leading signal to noise ratios,
lower interference, better multipath rejection and better stereo separation.
The RDS feature displays broadcast information when listening to compatible
- Convenient wireless remote included
Control your receiver while keeping your eyes on the road with the included
wireless card remote (RM-X211).
- Steering wheel control ready input
This receiver is compatible with aftermarket remote control adapters7
designed to utilize the vehicles existing, primary radio controls directly
from the steering wheel. The 1/8” rear panel mounted remote input jack allows
for simple connectivity.
- Max power output: 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Power Ad Hoc: CEA2006 Standard Power: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms,
4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.
- Speaker Impedance: 4-8 Ohms
- Band: AM / FM
- Equalizer: EQ7: 7 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 63 Hz, 160 Hz, 400
Hz, 1000 Hz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Format(s) Supported: MP3/WMA/AAC files1
- Preout Impedance: 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage: 5 volt
- S/N Ratio: Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB): CD: 120 dB
- Station Preset(s): 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range: FM (MHz): 87.5-107.9 AM (kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type: Digital clarity tuner with RDS
- Wow and Flutter: Below measurable limit
- Tilt Range: 0-45° mounting angle
- Dimmer Adjust: Selectable Auto adjust or manual on/off
- Key Illumination: Variable color illumination
- On-Screen Clock: 12H
- Display Color: Black / Variable color
- Display Technology: LCD
- Text Displayed: Source, artist, track, playback time, menu, clock and Pandora®
- Text Lines: 1 line of information
Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s): Power remote on
- Antenna Terminal(s): AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In: Front Aux in with variable level Rear USB input SiriusXM™ connector
- Digital Audio Input(s): Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary
as not all devices are compatible. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage
Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the
USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub. This unit
can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software
before you use it. iPod Nano 1st - 6th generation iPod Touch 1st - 4th generation
iPod Classic iPod with video iPhone iPhone 3G iPhone 3GS iPhone 4 iPhone 4S
If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered
in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Infrared Port: Wireless remote
- RCA Audio Output(s): Front, Rear, and Subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack: Optional wired remote terminal
- USB Port(s): Rear
- FM Usable Sensitivity: 8 dBf
- Frequency Response: FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio: 80 dB (stereo)
- Selectivity: 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation: 50 dB at 1 KHz
- Height: 2"
- Width: 7.125"
- Depth: 7"
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Not all files may playback due to file variations. Copyright protected ACC-LC
files not supported.
- Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete
- Works with iPod touch® (1st – 4th generations), iPod nano® (1st– 6th generations),
iPod classic®, iPod with video and iPhone®, 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S.
- Works with iPhone® 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S via USB port. 5. Requires tuner and
subscription, sold separately.
- Compatible with Android™ or Blackberry® smartphones supporting Mass Storage
Class (MSC) devices, users required to manually select MSC/USB connection
in smartphone menu for proper functionality.
- Compatibility varies as not all vehicles are compatible; please consult
with each interface manufacturer for details.
- Requires download of free Sony App Remote app for iPhone® from the App Store.
Users must link compatible apps to the App Remote application on their phone
in order to play the audio signal on the Sony receiver.