Sony VPL Series Home Theater Projector - VPLBW120S
Whether its movies, gaming or sports, go big with a Sony® VPL-BW120S projector.
Featuring “BrightEra” LCD panel technology, 2,600 lumen1 brightness, 4,000:1
contrast ratio and WXGA 720p (HD) resolution, the BW120S truly provides the
big screen experience. Featuring short throw technology, the projector can be
placed closer to the wall / screen for simple installation and unobtrusive use.
- Short Throw Technology
Allows for the projector to be placed closer to the wall / screen (42” for
80” screen, 53” for 100” screen) for convenient installation and unobtrusive
- High Brightness, 2600 Lumens
Ultra-bright picture, giving you the flexibility to have your big screen viewing
experience in virtually any lighting situation, without the need for a dark
- 4,000:1 Contrast Ratio
Enhances your viewing experience with detailed and clear images in bright
scenes and deeper black levels in darker scenes.
- Six Preset Picture Modes
Including Dynamic, Standard, Game, Living, Cinema, and Presentation make this
projector ideal for a variety of content in a variety of viewing environments
- Sony Picture Quality
Features including rich color reproduction and 12-bit gamma correction for
smoother color gradations create immersive and lifelike images
- “BrightEra” LCD Panels
Deliver crystal clear WXGA (1280 x 800) 720p resolution
- Lightweight and Portable
At just over 8lbs, the VPL-BW120S can be carried from room to room for enjoyment
throughout the house
- Simple Installation
Built-in speakers for a simple one cable (HDMI) connection
- Power Savings Mode
Turns off the projector after 10 minutes of inactivity to preserve electricity
and lamp life
- Long Lasting Lamp
Up to 60003 hours, as opposed to 4,000 for a conventional lamp model
- Whisper Quiet Operation
Front exhaust vents, and quiet (29db) operation, will not distract viewers
during show time.
- Display Resolution: Native: WXGA (1280x800 dots)
- Light source: Ultra high-pressure mercury lamp 210 W type
- Color system: NTSC3.58
- Color system: PAL
- Color system: SECAM
- Color system: NTSC4.43
- Color system: PAL-M
- Color system: PAL-N
- Color system: PAL60
- Filter Cleaning Cycle: Max. 6000H
- LCD Panel: 0.59”x3 BrightEra LCD Panel
- Lens: 0.62:1 throw ratio (manual)
- Panel Display Resolution: WXGA (1280x800 dots)
- Projection Picture Size: 50" - 100"
- Video Signal Input: Video (Composite)
- Video Signal Input: 15k (480/60i, 575/50i)
- Video Signal Input: DTV (480p/60p, 575/50p, 720/60p, 720/50p, 1080/60i,
- Lamp Replacement Time (Recommended): 3000H (Lamp mode: High), 6000H (Lamp
- Speaker: 2Wx1 (monaural)
- Input A: Mini D-sub 15-pin (RGB/Y Pb Pr) with maximum PC resolution of 1400x1050.
Audio: Stereo mini jack
- Input B: HDMI (HDCP compatible)
- Other Signal Inputs/Outputs: D-sub 9-pin
- S-Video In: Mini DIN 4-pin. Audio : Pin jack (x2) (shared with VIDEO IN)
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: 290 W/205 W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): 3 W (Std)/<0.5 W (Low)
- Power Requirements: AC 100 V to 240 V, 3.0A to 1.3A, 50 Hz/60 Hz
- Brightness: 2600 lumens (Lamp mode: High) / 1500 lumens (Lamp mode: Low)
- Contrast Ratio: 4000:1 (Full white/full black)
- Video In: Pin Jack
- Video In: Audio : Pin jack (x2) (shared with S VIDEO IN)
- Unit: 12-11/32" x 5-7/10" x 13-3/4"
- Manufacturer Warranty(authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- ANSI lumens is a measuring method of the American National Standards Institute
IT7.228. Since there is no uniform method of measuring brightness, specifications
will vary among manufacturers.
- Conditions: Lamp Control Low and Advanced Iris ON.
- Lamp Mode Low, not guaranteed.
- Requires HDMI® cable.