Canon Pixma Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One Printer, Model MG6220
The beautiful PIXMA MG6220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One delivers superior quality, versatility, and ease of use. Built-in Wi-Fi®1 technology allows you to easily print and scan wirelessly virtually anywhere around your house. For a genuine interactive imaging experience, Canon's Intelligent Touch System transforms the top of your printer into a sleek, responsive touch panel so only the buttons you need light up.
Print gorgeous, borderless2 photos at home up to 8.5" x 11" size with a maximum print color resolution of 9600 x 2400 dpi3 and six individual ink tanks including a gray ink for professional color and black & white photos. Enjoy a new sphere of printing options as PIXMA Cloud Link4 lets you conveniently print pictures from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY and Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One, all without a computer. Also included is the ability to print select Google Docs™ and Gmail™ attachments from any accessible device, further adding to your wireless versatility16. With AirPrint17, wirelessly print photos, emails, web pages and other documents without the need to install device drivers, saving time and making for a seamless user experience. Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding Fun Filter Effects like Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print. The MG6220 also lets you print on your printable CD, DVD and Blu-ray Discs and jackets. Plus, you can even you turn your HD Movie clips into beautiful photos5 while built-in Auto Duplex Printing allows you to automatically print on both sides of the paper, which can help reduce paper usage and cost by up to 50%.
View beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. Plus, you can print and scan JPEG and PDF files wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices6. Also enjoy direct printing options from compatible memory cards7, USB Flash Drives8, PictBridge and optional Bluetooth devices9.
Speed & Quality
- Superior Resolution: 9600 x 2400 maximum color dpi3 firing with 1pl produces incredible quality and detail in both your borderless photos, crafts, business documents and web pages.
- High Performance, Six Individual Ink Tank System: This 6-color ink system consists of five dye-based inks including a dedicated gray ink for professional-looking black & white and color photos. A pigment-based black ink produces exceptionally crisp text. Plus, only replace the color ink tank that runs out.
- Print Beautiful, Borderless Photos, Fast: Print a borderless, 4" x 6" photo in approximately 20 seconds10.
- Print Documents and Web Pages, Fast: Print documents and web pages with fast speeds of 12.5 images per minute (ipm) for black and 9.3 images per minute (ipm) for color11.
- ChromaLife100+: This system combines enhanced FINE print head technology with select genuine Canon inks and select genuine Canon photo papers for beautiful borderless photos that will last up to 300 years when stored in an archival-quality photo album12.
Ease of Use
- Intelligent Touch System: This button navigation system allows you to effortlessly operate your machine with gorgeous touch sensitive controls.
- Full HD Movie Print: Full HD Movie Print software turns HD movie clips captured with your compatible Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot cameras into beautiful photo prints5.
- Fun Filter Effects: Have all sorts of fun with your images by adding new effects such as: Fish Eye, Miniature, Toy Camera, Soft Focus and Blur Background before you print.
- Built-in CD and DVD Printing: Conveniently print labels onto your printable CD, DVD or Blu-ray Discs.
- Built-In Auto Duplex Printing: Automatically print on both sides of the page without the hassle of turning it over manually. This saves you time, helps the environment and can cut your paper usage by up to 50%.
- 3.0" LCD: Easily view, select and edit your images for simple computer-free printing. No downloading or computer needed, just pick your picture and print!
- Auto Photo Fix II: This built-in technology automatically categorizes your images into one of five types - Portrait, Scenery, Night Scenery, Snapshot with Scenery, and Snapshot with Night Scenery - then applies optimal image and multi-zone exposure correction. So, unexposed areas of the photo will be optimized, area by area and faces that are backlit and under-exposed will automatically be brightened with correct color cast to help ensure more accurate skin tones for gorgeous images.
- Auto Document Fix: Auto Document Fix delivers beautiful, easy-to-view scans by advanced image analysis and area-by-area data correction, automatically. So, your document text can be darkened with pronounced edges for clear, sharp text that's easy to read, and pictures will maintain color tone and contrast.
- Auto Scan Mode: Automatically recognizes the type of original being scanned, then scans and saves with the suitable settings.13
- Quick Start: After pressing the power button you can begin inputting commands in mere seconds. So, full operation is possible in a much shorter time.
- 2-Way Paper Feeding: For added versatility, load plain paper in the front cassette and photo paper in the rear tray to print photos or documents whenever you need.
- Beautiful & Borderless: Print photo lab quality from 4" x 6" up to 8.5" x 112."
- Built-In Wireless: Print and scan wirelessly from any Wi-Fi® enabled computer around the house1.
- PIXMA Cloud Link: Conveniently print pictures from online photo albums CANON iMAGE GATEWAY and Google Picasa as well as templates including seasonal stationary and calendars from wherever you are to wherever a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One is, without a computer4.
- Google Cloud Print16: Allows users to print from Gmail™ and Google Docs™ on a mobile device, and from Google Chrome™ browser for Mac®, Windows®, Linux®, and Chrome™ devices. With Google Cloud Print, you can print from wherever you are, from applications you use every day. You can even share your home and work printers with anyone you choose.
- AirPrint17: Take advantage of Wi-Fi connectivity and print what you see on your compatible iPad, iPhone or iPod touch to a compatible Canon PIXMA Wireless All-in-One. Print photos, emails, web pages and other documents directly to these devices whether you're in another room or in a different section of the house. No need to install drivers, saving you time and creating a seamless user experience.
- Mobile Device Printing: Take full advantage of Canon's Wi-Fi® connectivity to unlock, print and share your stored images right on the spot. Print your photos wirelessly from compatible iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, and Android devices6.
- Built-In Ethernet: This wired LAN interface lets you connect to a home or office network, with connected computers sharing the power of this versatile machine, each being able to display the printer's status at any moment.
- Memory Cards / USB / PictBridge & Optional Bluetooth: Don't feel like using a computer? Just insert a compatible memory card7 into the built in card slot, or USB Drive8 into the USB port, select images on the LCD display, and print! Thanks to a PictBridge connection you can also print photos directly from your digital camera, DV camcorder or camera phone. Plus, you can print from the optional BU-30 wireless Bluetooth unit9.
- Hi-Speed USB: Plug the cable into your PC for a super-fast connection for your data transfers.
- Print Speed (up to) 4" x 6" Borderless Photo: Approx. 20 seconds10
- Print Speed (Approx)
- Black:ESAT Approx. 12.5 ipm11
- Color:ESAT Approx. 9.3 ipm11
- Number of Nozzles
- Color: 5,632
- Black: 512
- Total: 6,144
- Picoliter Size (color) 1,2 and 5
- Print Resolution (Up to)
- Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi3
- Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi3
- Paper Sizes 4" x 6", 5" x 7", 8" x 10," Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes
- Paper Compatibility
- Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High Resolution Paper;
- Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
- Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
- Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss;
- Matte: Canon Matte Photo Paper;
- Fine Art: Canon Fine Art Paper "Photo Rag" ™;
- Envelope: U.S.# 10 Envelope
- CD/DVD: Printable Disc
- Printer Features
- Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing2, Calendar Print, CD/DVD Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print5, Fun Filter Effects, Grayscale Printing, ID Photo Print, Smartphone Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Direct Print (Memory Card/Camera/USB Flash Memory), Photo Printing, Template Print, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing1
- Output Tray Capacity
- Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets
- Cassette: 150 Sheets
- Copy Speed (up to) FCOT(Color) Approx. 14 seconds
- Reduction / Enlargement 25% - 400%
- Copy Features
- 4-in-1 / 2-in-1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Face Brightener/Fading Correction, Fit-to-Page, Gutter Shadow Correction Copy, Image Repeat, Intensity, Manual Color Adjustment, CD/DVD Label Copy, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Zoom
- Scanner Type Flatbed
- Scanning Element Contact Image Sensor (CIS)
- Max. Resolutions Optical:4800 x 4800 Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- Scanner Features Auto Document Fix, Auto Scan Mode13, Gutter Shadow Correction, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, Wireless Scanning
- Color Depth 48-bit internal/24-bit external
- Max. Document Size 8.5" x 11.7"
- Media Card Support
- Memory Card Support7.
- SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™
- MultiMediaCard® Plus
- miniSD™ Card, miniSDHC™
- microSD™ Card, microSDHC™
- USB flash memory
- CompactFlash® Card
- Memory Stick®
- Memory Stick PRO™
- Memory Stick Duo™
- Memory Stick PRO Duo™
- Memory Stick Micro
- xD-Picture Card®
- xD-Picture Card® (Type M)
- xD-Picture Card® (Type H)
- Other Features
- Intelligent Touch System, Wi-Fi LED,
- 2-Way Paper Feeding, 3.0" LCD, ECO Monitor
- Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology,
- Scroll Wheel, Ethernet,
- Self-Opening Paper Output Tray, PIXMA Cloud Link,4
- Quick Access UI, Quick Start
- OS Compatibility
- Windows® 7, Windows Vista® , Windows XP
- MacOS® X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x14
- Standard Interface
- Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)1
- Hi-Speed USB8
- Card Slots (See Memory Card Support)7
- PictBridge (Cable not included)
- Bluetooth® v2.0 (Optional)9
- Software Included
- Setup Software & User's Guide CD-ROM
- PIXMA MG6220 Printer Driver
- Easy-PhotoPrint EX
- Easy-Photo Print Pro
- Easy-WebPrint EX
- Full HD Movie Print
- MP Navigator EX
- Solution Menu EX
What's in the Box
- PIXMA MG6220 Wireless Inkjet Photo All-In-One
- CD/DVD Printing Tray
- Document Kit:
- Cross Sell Sheet
- Getting Started
- Important Information Sheet
- Networking Troubleshooting Guide
- Safety Environment Information
- Safety Environment Information
- Warranty Card
- Ink Tanks:
- PGI-225 Pigment Black
- CLI-226 (Cyan/Magenta/Yellow/Black/Gray)
- Power Cord
- Print Head
- Width: 18.5"
- Height: 6.9"
- Unit: 20.1 lbs
- Shipping: 24 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Wireless printing requires a working network with wireless 802.11b/g/n capability. Wireless performance may vary based on terrain and distance between the printer and wireless network clients.
- Supported paper types for borderless printing are as follows: Photo Paper Pro Platinum, Photo Paper Pro II, Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Plus Semi-gloss, Photo Paper Glossy and Matte Photo Paper.
- Resolution may vary based on printer driver setting. Color ink droplets can be placed with a horizontal pitch of 1/9600 inch at minimum.
- Subject to the Terms and Conditions of Use of CANON iMAGE GATEWAY or Picasa Web Albums, depending on the service the consumer is using.
- Full HD Movie Print allows printing from HD or Full HD "MOV" movie files created by Canon EOS Digital SLR or PowerShot digital cameras. From PC, or Mac with Intel® processor. Print quality is determined by video resolution. Function does not upscale video resolution. Requires Canon ZoomBrowser EX 6.5 or later, or Canon ImageBrowser 6.5 or later.
- Requires Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for iPhone app, available for free on the App StoreSM, or Canon Easy-PhotoPrint for Android app available for free in the Android Market. Compatible with iPad, iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, iPod touch and Android devices running Android OS 1.6 or later.
- Compatible memory cards include SD™ Memory Card, SDHC™, MultiMediaCard®, MultiMediaCard® Plus, CompactFlash® Card, Microdrive®, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick PRO™, Memory Stick Duo™ and Memory Stick PRO Duo™. The following can be used with the addition of a special adapter sold separately: miniSD™ Card, miniSDHCTM, microSD™ Card, microSDHC™, RS-MMC™, Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card®, xD-Picture Card® (Type M), and xD-Picture Card® (Type H).
- USB flash memory with security enabled may not be used. Requires an extension cable if cannot be attached.
- Requires mobile phone (or other device) equipped with Bluetooth v2.0 technology and optional Canon Bluetooth Unit BU-30. Bluetooth operation depends on the device and software version used. Operating distance is approx. 10 meters but may vary due to obstacles, radio signals, locations where radio interference occurs, magnetic fields from microwave ovens, device sensitivity and/or antenna performance.
- Photo print speeds are based on the standard mode driver setting using photo test pattern(s) and select Canon Photo Paper. Print speed measured as soon as first page begins to feed into printer and will vary depending on system configuration, interface, software, document complexity, print mode, types of paper used and page coverage.
- ISO/IEC 24734, 24735 define the default print and copy speed measurement methods. Print speeds are the averages of ESAT in Office Category Test for the default simplex mode, ISO/IEC 24734, excluding time to print the first set.
- Based on accelerated testing by Canon in dark storage under controlled temperature, humidity and gas conditions, simulating storage in an album with plastic sleeves. Canon cannot guarantee the longevity of prints; results may vary depending on printed image, drying time, display/storage conditions, and environmental factors.
- For network users, Auto Scan Mode is only available when scanning at a computer using MP Navigator EX software and selecting the 1-click feature then "save to PC".
- System requirements vary by application.
- Warranty programs are subject to certain conditions and restrictions.
- Requires an Internet connection and Google Account. Printer firmware update may be necessary for Google Cloud Print function. Subject to Google Terms of Service. Certain exceptions may apply. A PC running Windows XP or later or a Mac running OS 10.4.11 or later and USB cable required to perform firmware update.
- Printer firmware update is necessary for AirPrint function. Certain exception may apply. AirPrint functionality requires an iPad, iPhone 3GS or later, or iPod touch 3rd generation or later device running iOS 4.2 or later, and an AirPrint-enabled printer connected to the same network as your iOS device. A printer connected to the USB port of your Mac, PC, AirPort Base Station, or Time Capsule is not supported.
- To access CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM from a qualifying Canon printer, all of the software that came with the printer and the full set of compatible genuine Canon ink tanks must be properly installed.