Martin Logan Dynamo 1000 Black Subwoofer, Model DYN1000W
The Most Powerful Dynamo Subwoofer... Ideal for Large Rooms!
True high-end performance. Home-friendly aesthetics. And power, lots of power!
In a nutshell, that's the incredible Dynamo 1000 subwoofer. Dramatic bass detail
and bass attack, superb extension and room-shaking output ensure a music and
home theater experience like no other subwoofer in its class can deliver. Features
include a 500-watt RMS, 1,000-watt peak amplifier and 12-inch cone driver. Its
standard down-firing configuration quickly (and easily!) converts into a front-firing
configuration, ideal for discrete installations. Finishing touch... a wireless
receiver for a 'cable-less' environment.
- Built-In Wireless Receiver offers Extreme Placement Flexibility!
Although correct placement plays a key role in optimizing subwoofer performance,
sometimes it imposes the inconvenience (not to mention unsightliness!) of
running long lengths of cable through walls, along baseboards or under floors
and carpets. To solve the problem, the Dynamo 1000 incorporates a wireless
receiver (digital RF transmission) for use with the included SWT-1 MartinLogan
Subwoofer Wireless Transmitter (included) in which case,
cable clutter also becomes a moot point!
- High-Resolution Low-Distortion 12-Inch Woofer
The Dynamo 1000's advanced-technology driver pairs a high-power magnet structure
with a 12-inch diaphragm to deliver huge excursion and sound output while
perfectly preserving the tiniest bass detail ? and all without a hint of distortion.
The exceptional damping properties of the cone material also ensure the smooth,
non-resonant response necessary for truly seamless blending with MartinLogan
electrostatic panel and Advanced Thin-Film (ATF) driver technologies.
- Advanced Ultra-Efficient 500-Watt Amplifier
The Dynamo 1000's ultra-efficient high-power amplifier uses variable audio
tracking power supplies to drive its class AB output stage. With lower distortion
and less noise than typical Class D switching amplifiers this advanced design
allows the amplifier to operate at much higher efficiencies than a typical
class AB amplifier, delivering a true 500 watts of continuous power. An energy-conscious
design, the Dynamo 1000's amp consumes less than a single watt in Standby
- Inverse Mathematical Equalization (IME) Filter
An IME filter is derived from the inverse of the unfiltered driver response.
Precision IME filtering yields extremely accurate low-frequency response –
far superior to that provided by the simple second-order high-Q filters typically
found in subwoofers in this price range.
- Front-Firing or Down-Firing Configuration
To maximize performance when installed inside of a cabinet or other discrete
installation, the Dynamo 1000's standard down-firing configuration easily
converts into a front-firing orientation-no tools required! A grill cover
and 90 degree RCA adaptors are provided for use in front-firing applications.
- Seamless System Integration – Engineered for Stereo and Home Theater
Comprehensive connection options, low-pass filtering and phase control make
integrating the Dynamo 1000 subwoofer into a multi-channel home theater or
stereo music setup simple and seamless. The main left/right line-level inputs
feed into a precision low-pass filter with a cut-off frequency variable from
35 to 120 Hz. For systems in which a surround processor supplies the crossover,
the Dynamo 1000 offers an LFE input that bypasses its internal filters.
- Sealed Cabinet with Extensive Internal Bracing
A good sealed system will typically exhibit less transient-blurring group
delay while maintaining smooth, consistent response regardless of music or
movie source material. On the outside, the Dynamo 1000's cabinet is constructed
from the finest composite material for acoustic integrity. Inside, critically
placed structural cross-bracing acts an excellent baffle for the woofer while
the added rigidity keeps cabinet-induced resonances and non-linearities to
- Energy Transfer Coupler (ETC) Spikes
The Dynamo 1000 comes with custom ETC spikes which can be used in place of
the feet to enhance stability on thick carpets, or create tighter coupling
between subwoofer and floor to enhance overall sound quality.
- Frequency Response 22–200 Hz ±3dB; Anechoic through LFE effects input
- Wireless Receiver Built-in receiver (SWT-1 transmitter included)
- Low Pass Filter Frequency 35–120 Hz
- Low Frequency Transducer 12" (30.5cm) high excursion, poly cone with
extended throw drive assembly; sealed non-resonant cabinet design
- Amplifier 500 watts rms (1000 watts peak)
- Impedance Line level RCA: 20,000 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6, or 8
Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Audio Controls Low Pass Filter Switch: Bypass (LFE In), Variable
(Left and Right In)
- Inputs Left and Right/LFE RCA line level
- Power Draw
- Standby: 1W
- Idle: 15W
- Max: 650W
- Resolution 16-bit
- Sampling Rate 48kHz
- Wireless Band 2.4GHz uncompressed digital self-sensing design constantly
adjusts for best connection.
- Error Checking Bidirectional feedback constantly monitors integrity
of data stream.
- Antenna Internal
- Subs Per Transmitter One
- Maximum Wireless Range 30–40 feet (10–12.5 meters)
- Dimensions (down-firing orientation): 14.54" × 13.69" × 14.59"
- Dimensions (front-firing orientation): 15.46" × 13.69" × 14.35"
- Unit: 34 lbs
- Shipping: 40 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 3 Year Limited Warranty
Specifications and features are subject to change without notice.