Panasonic Black Lumix FZ200 12.1 Megapixel Digital Camera, Model DMCFZ200K
- FZ200 With An Amazing F2.8 Aperture Across Its Entire Zoom Range
The LUMIX FZ200 is Panasonic’s first digital compact camera to offer the incredible advantages of a full range F2.8 aperture across the entire zoom range ( [24X] 25mm-600mm, F2.8 - 35mm equivalent), a feature usually reserved for very high end professional lenses. The added light collecting ability the F2.8 provides to the FZ200 enables capturing moving subjects clearly with fast shutter speed, even from a distance. At the heart of this amazing lens is the high-quality of LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT optics.
- Advanced MOS High Sensitivity Sensor
A newly developed 12.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor and high performance image processing LSI Venus Engine provide the LUMIX FZ200 with high speed response, high sensitivity recording and superb image quality.
- Advanced Features Provide Extra Speed
Light Speed AF (auto focus) combines with the LUMIX FZ200’s ability to capture high speed burst shooting at 12 fps (frames per second) in full resolution and a quick start-up time of approximately .95 seconds, so users never miss even the most fleeting shooting opportunities. Furthermore, High Speed Video enables users to record fast-moving subjects at 120 fps (NTSC/HD)*2 or 240 fps (NTSC/VGA)*2.
- Intelligent Zoom And Optical Image Stabilizer
The LUMIX FZ200’s powerful 24x optical zoom can be increased to 48x equivalent with the Intelligent Zoom function, and takes advantage of Intelligent Resolution technology to maintain picture quality. The camera’s POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) provides improved correction accuracy to minimize blur, even when zoomed, and Active Mode effectively suppresses handshake vibration in both still picture and video recording.
- Anti Reflective Nano Surface Coating Panasonic’s Nano Surface Coating technology minimizes light reflection at the entire zoom range (380nm-780nm) resulting in super clear picture with a dramatic reduction of ghost and flare.
- High Resolution Electronic View Finder A newly developed 0.2-inch EVF (Electronic View Finder) features a 1,312,000-dot equivalent high resolution, 100% field of view and minimum screen freeze.
- New Ergonomics The LUMIX FZ200’s body has been designed as a full-fledged shooting style digital compact camera with ultimate controllability. The side lever has been redesigned and placed in a convenient location, allowing for smooth zooming control. Focus can also be easily changed with this lever, allowing users to concentrate on shutter operation and get the perfect photographic moment.
- Greater Creative Control With 14 Filter Options The LUMIX FZ200’s Creative Control mode features 14 filter options including the newly added Soft Focus*3, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter*3 in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, High Dynamic and Miniature Effect*4 modes. Photo Style is also available and allows users to create more artistic photographs with Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait and Custom options. With iA (Intelligent Auto) Plus, users can take advantage of popular iA functions – POWER O.I.S. with Active Mode, AF Tracking, Intelligent D-range Control, Intelligent Scene Selector, Face Recognition, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Handheld Night Shot, Intelligent HDR and Motion Deblur*5 – in addition to adjusting exposure compensation, white balance and defocusing background area for more flexible shooting control. For advanced photography users, the LUMIX FZ200 offers manual control mode allowing users to enjoy a more creative photography experience.
- Full HD Video Recording At 60P The LUMIX FZ200 is able to produce not only stunning photos but also stunning full-HD in 1,920x1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4) and MP4*6 formats. The powerful 24x optical zoom with 2-step zoom and POWER O.I.S. is available in video recording and high-quality Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator offers highly realistic, powerful sound for videos. The stereo zoom microphone features a zoom noise reduction system and an Auto Wind Cut function to reduce background noise from wind. Additionally, Active Mode encourages active video recording at wide angle and the popular iA mode allows users to easily create motion images by simple pointing and hitting the record button. Creative Video mode allows users to set the shutter speed and aperture manually to bring special effects to videos, shoot fast moving objects and shooting subjects at various distances.
- Additional Features
- RAW and RAW+JPEG data recording option
- 3.0-inch, free-angle 460,000-dot Intelligent LCD screen with AR Coating and wide viewing angle ensures comfortable monitoring in various shooting positions.
- Long battery life of approximately 540 pictures per charge.
- Hot Shoe provides more advanced creative freedom, allowing for various accessory attachment including and optional stereo microphone (DMW-MS1), external flash (DMW-FL220/FL360/FL500) or remote shutter (DMW-RSL1).
- HDR (High Dynamic Range) mode
- Panorama Shot mode
- 3D Photo mode
- Camera Effective Pixels 12.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size 1/2.3-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 12.8 Total Megapixels
- Filter Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F2.8 / Multistage Iris Diaphragm (F2.8 - 8 (W, T))
- Optical Zoom 24x
- Focal Length f=4.5 - 108mm (25 - 600mm in 35mm equiv.) / (28 - 672mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 29.4x (4:3 / 8M), 37.5x (4:3 / 5M), 46.9x (under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 48x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT (Nano Surface Coating) / 14 elements in 11 groups / (5 Aspherical Lenses / 9 Aspherical surfaces / 3 ED Lenses / 1 Nano Surface Coating Lens)
- 2-Speed Zoom Yes
- Optical Image Stabilizer1 Power O.I.S. (On with Active Mode(only for Video) / Off)
- Digital Zoom 2 Max. 4x
- Focusing Area
- Normal: Wide 30 cm - infinity / Tele 200 cm - infinity / AF Macro / MF / Intelligent AUTO/
- Motion picture: Wide 1 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On/Off)
- Focus Normal / AF Macro / MF / Quick AF ON/OFF(On in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF (only for motion picture) / FOCUS Button, AF/AF Macro/MF Switchable, AF/AE Lock Button, Manual Focus / One shot AF, AF Area Select, AF Tracking
- AF Metering 1/3 - 3 EV step, Max.+/-3EV, 3 frames
- Shutter Speed
- Still image : approx. 60 - 1/4000 sec
- Motion picture : approx. 1/30 - 1/20,000 sec
- Creative Video Mode : approx. 1/8 - 1/20,000 sec
- Viewfinder 0.21" Color EVF (1,312K dots equiv.), Field of View : approx. 100%, Lens 18.4x
- File Format
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), RAW, MPO
- Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Creative Control mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Panning, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, / Handheld Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, 3D photo
- Still Image Scene Mode Full- Resolution Image: 12 frames/sec Max.12 images / with AF Tracking: 5.5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec / Intelligent Burst Shooting / High- speed Burst: approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5 M) / approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5 M)
- Motion Picture Recording 2 [HD Video] 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (PSH: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FSH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (SH: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30 fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / [STD Video] 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4) (Sensor Output is 30fps) / [High Speed Video] 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (MP4) (Sensor Output is 120fps) / 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (MP4) (Sensor Output is 240fps)
- AVCHD (Continuous recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 160 min (PSH), 180 min(FSH)
- MP4 (Continuous recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 200 min (FHD)
- AVCHD (Actual recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 80 min (PSH), 90 min (FSH)
- MP4 (Actual recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 100 min (FHD)
- Exposure Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-3 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 EV step, +/-3EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 * (* Extended ISO) (Changeable to 1/3 EV step) / High Sensitivity Mode (ISO 1600 - 6400)
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] / 2992 x 2992 (9M) / 2448 x 2448 (6M EZ) / 1920x1920(3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536(2.5M EZ) / 480x480(0.2M EZ) / [4:3] / 4000 x 3000 (12M) / 3264 x 2448 (8M EZ) / 2560X1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 1600 x 1200 (2M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] / 4000 x 2672 (10.5M) / 3264 x 2176 (7M EZ) / 2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] / 4000 x 2248 (9M) / 3264 x 1840 (6M EZ) / 2560x1440(3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360 (0.2M EZ) / 1920 x 1080 (3D)
- Image Quality RAW / RAW+Fine / RAW+Standard / Fine / Standard (3D Mode : MPO+Fine / MPO+Standard)
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Flash / Incandescent / White Set1 / White Set2 / Color Temperature (2-axis adjustable)
- Photo Style / Film Mode Standard, Vivid, Natural, Monochrome, Scenery, Portrait, Custom
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode (only in iA Mode) : Standard, Happy, Black and White, Sepia
- Picture Adjustment3 Contrast, Sharpness, Color Saturation, Noise Reduction
- Aspect Bracketing No
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- GPS No
- Wi-Fi No
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Self Timer 2sec / 10sec / 10sec 3pcs
- Playback Mode4 Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback（Picture Only, Video Only, 3D, Category, Favorites), Calendar Playback
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights Yes
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Auto Retouch / Creative Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / Yes
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor5 3.0"(7.5cm) Free-Angle TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots), AR Coating / Field of View : approx. 100% Wide Viewing Angle / Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, Flash Synchro ; 1st/2nd Slow Sync / 0.3 - 13.5m (Wide/ISO Auto), 1.0 - 13.5m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card (Compatible with UHS-I Standard)
- Built-in-Memory Approx. 70MB
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- Interface miniHDMI, AV Output (NTSC), USB Multi, Microphone
- Power6 Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, Minimum: 1,200mAh) (Included) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 540 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.3 PE, SilkyPix Developer Studio, Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Charger, Battery Pack, USB Cable, Shoulder Strap, CD-ROM, Lens Hood, Lens Cap
- Width: 4.93"
- Height: 3.41"
- Depth: 4.34"
- Without Battery and SD Memory Card: 1.18 lbs
- With Battery and SD Memory Card: 1.29 lbs
*1Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc. / - Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.
*2 The recording format is 30p (NTSC).
** 30p(NTSC) in MP4 recording.
*3 For photo only
*4 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long)
*5 The picture size may be reduced *6 30p in MP4 recording
1. MEGA O.I.S. may not be available depending on the lens that is mounted
2. As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases
3. Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Gamma Correction
4. In PAL regions, images are converted from 60i to 50i, 60p to 50p and 30p to 25p for playback.
5. Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency brake is applied.
6. This cameras comes with a function to check whether the battery and unit can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot check for themselves before purchasing.