Panasonic Black Lumix G 16.05 Megapixel Digital Camera, Model DMCG5KK
- Offers High Image Quality with High Speed Response Time
One of the newest compact system cameras (DSLM) cameras from Panasonic, the LUMIX G5 features a newly integrated 16.05-megapixel Live MOS sensor and redesigned Venus Engine to render clear, crisp images in both photo and video recording. Featuring a compact, light-weight body with built-in flash, the LUMIX G5 boasts ultra-high mobility while offering users a powerful camera performance which achieves spectacular image quality, realizing true-to-life photo details through excellent resolution, image rendering and color production.
- OPTIMAL BALANCE OF OPTICS AND PERFORMANCE
When used with the LUMIX G5, the full line of high-grade lens combines with its precision AF (Auto Focus) to achieve high resolutions, with an optimal balance of resolution and noise reduction to produce lifelike image rendering and high precision auto exposure and white balance for faithful color reproduction.
- GREATER RESULTS FORM NEW ADVANCED IMAGE PROCESSING
A redesigned Venus Engine features exceptionally advanced signal processing capabilities, producing clear, crisp images in both photo and video recording. The 3DNR detects smooth areas or edges in photos and adjusts the strength of noise reduction (stronger for smooth portion, milder for edge portion) to maintain object descriptiveness. The Multi-process NR quickly detects brightness in each part of a picture and applies optimal noise reduction in multiple steps. The newly incorporated HDR (High Dynamic Range) allows for several pictures consecutively shot at different exposure levels to be overlaid, producing a single composite picture to eliminate over-exposure or under-exposure.
- INCORPORATING THE ADVANTAGE OF CONTRAST AUTO FOCUSING
Like all cameras in the LUMIX G series, the LUMIX G5 adopts Contrast AF (Auto Focus), so focusing is controlled by the image sensor. Compared with the Phase difference system AF, Contrast AF boasts higher accuracy, especially when shooting with a bright lens with small F value. To further advance the Contrast AF, the G5 incorporates full-area Touch AF, making it possible to set focus on any point in the field of view. Additionally, ultra high-speed Light Speed AF, quickly locks onto a subject, making it possible to capture even fast moving subjects clearly. Combined with Touch AF control and high-speed burst shooting at six frames per second in 16.05-megapixel full resolution, it has never been easier to capture fast-moving objects clearly.
- NEW ERGONOMICS AND FUNCTION LEVER FEATURE
The LUMIX G5 offers users simple operation controls with minimal stress, so users can concentrate on shooting. A newly added function lever conveniently located near the shutter release allows for direct adjustment of zoom*7, exposure or aperture*8 control and can be used to magnify images in playback mode and page flip in menu mode. Additionally, the combination use of the function lever and turn-and-push rear dial allows users to adjust major shooting settings, accelerating the camera’s simple, intuitive operation.
- HIGH RESOLUTION LIVE VIEW FINDER WITH EYE SENSOR
The LUMIX G5’s large, bright 1,440,000-dot equivalent LVF (Live View Finder) retains outstanding viewability and features approximately 100% field of view. Suppressing color breakup, the LVF assure stunning image view for any subject or scene. The LVF is newly designed to integrate an eye sensor for the LUMIX G5, which allows image output between the LVF and LCD screen to be switched automatically with the eye sensor on the LVF (which features optional sensitivity of high, low and off). Additionally Eye Sensor AF (Auto Focus) automatically starts focusing when the photographer looks into the EVF to capture spur-of-the-moment shooting opportunities.
- INCREASED LCD DISPLAY RESOLUTION WITH TOUCH CONTROL INTERFACE
A large, 920,000-dot high resolution LCD screen with wide-viewing angle rotates 180 degrees to the side, tilts 270 degrees up and down and offers approximately 100% field of view. Touch screen operation on the LCD screen allows for simple shooting or playback of images and the new Touch Pad function enables the use of both LVF and LCD simultaneously, which encourages more intuitive shooting. Lag time of image output has been minimized by approximately 18% compared to the LUMIX G5’s predecessor, the LUMIX G3, making it easier to monitor fast-moving subjects. The Level Gauge give the camera the ability to automatically detect the horizontal or vertical angle of view so that photos shot in a portrait aspect will automatically be displayed vertically, no matter what lens is used. The newly added Electronic Shutter mode allows silent operation which is helpful in areas where silence is needed.
- GREATER CREATIVE FUNCTIONALITY WITH 14 ADJUSTABLE FILTERS
Creative Control Mode has been upgraded in the LUMIX G5 with an increase of filter options from six options to 14, adding Soft Focus*4, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, One Point Color, Cross Process, Low Key, Toy Effect and Star Filter, in addition to the conventional Expressive, Retro, High Key, Sepia, Hi Dynamic, Miniature Effect*5 modes. With the new GUI menu tab, switching filter effects is seamless.
- LET THE G5 RECOMMEND A FILTER FOR YOU
A preview of filter effects can be seen on the large LCD screen via Live View mode and the camera intuitively recommends filters depending on the scene that the camera detects in iA (Intelligent Auto) or iA Plus mode. Furthermore, iA Plus mode allows users to adjust defocusing area in the background, exposure compensation and white balance for more flexible control while activating automatic shoot assist functions such as AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent D-range Control, Face Recognition and Intelligent Scene Selector.
- BEGINNER FRIENDLY SCENE GUIDES ENABLE PROFESSIONAL RESULTS
For beginner users of interchangeable lens system cameras, the LUMIX G5 features the new Scene Guide which offers 23 sample pictures shot by professional photographers. Users can choose the photo closest to the situation that they are shooting and optimal parameters for shooting the scene will be set automatically*6. Additionally, procedures, technical advice and recommended interchangeable lens options for the scene can be shown to allow users to better understand and learn photography.
- FULL HD 1080 60P VIDEO CAPTURE
Not only does the LUMIX G5 produce stunning still imagery, but it also records high quality video. With the ability to record high-resolution full-HD 1,920x1,080 60p videos in AVCHD Progressive (MPEG-4) or MP4*9 format, subjects with fast motion and fine details are reproduced clearly. In addition to practical full-time AF, the Touch AF in video recording also lets the user enjoy professional-like selective focusing which allows the focus to be shifted while shooting video and AF Tracking easily locks onto a subject to focus, even when it moves. The Extra Tele Conversion function extends zoom range Max 4.8x without deterioration of image quality. The LUMIX G5 features a dedicated video record button on the top of the camera body so users can instantly start recording videos while shooting photographs without changing any settings. The camera can also take photos while recording video live just by hitting the shutter button. Along with full-HD video capabilities, the LUMIX G5 also features high-quality sound, recorded with Dolby® Digital Stereo Creator and noise from background wind is minimized with the Wind Cut function.
- Type Digital Single Lens Mirrorless camera
- Recording media SD memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card (Compatible with UHS-I standard SDHC/SDXC memory cards)
- Image sensor size 17.3 x 13.0 mm (in 4:3 aspect ratio)
- Lens Mount Micro Four Thirds mount
- Type Live MOS Sensor
- Total pixels 18.31 Megapixels
- Camera effective pixels 16.05 Megapixels
- Color filter Primary color filter
- Dust reduction system Supersonic wave filter
- Recording file format
- Still Image: JPEG(DCF, Exif 2.3), RAW, / MPO (When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds standard)
- Motion Image: AVCHD (Audio format: Dolby Digital 2ch) / / MP4 (Audio format AAC 2ch)
- Aspect ratio 4:3, 3:2, 16:9, 1:1
- Image quality RAW, RAW+Fine, RAW+Standard, Fine, Standard, / MPO+Fine, MPO+Standard (with 3D lens in Micro Four Thirds System standard)
- Color Space sRGB, Adobe RGB
- File size(Pixels)
- Still Image [4:3] 4608x3456(L) / 3264x2448(M) / 2336x1752(S) / 1824x1368(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [3:2] 4608x3072(L) / 3264x2176(M) / 2336x1560(S) / 1824x1216(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [16:9] 4608x2592(L) / 3264x1840(M) / 1920x1080(S) / 1824x1024(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard) / [1:1] 3456x3456(L) / 2448x2448(M) / 1744x1744(S) / 1712x1712(When attaching 3D lens in Micro Four Third System standard)
- Motion Image (MP4*1 : NTSC) [Full HD]1920×1080, 30fps (sensor output is 30p) / [HD]1280x720, 30fps (sensor output is 30p) / [VGA] 640x480, 30fps (sensor output is 30p)
- Motion Image (AVCHD*1 : NTSC) [Full HD] 1920x1080, 60p (sensor output is 60p) (PSH: 28Mbps)*2 / [Full HD] 1920×1080, 60i (sensor output is 60p) (FSH: 17Mbps) / [Full HD] 1920x1080, 30p (sensor output is 60p) (FPH: 17Mbps) / [HD] 1280 x 720, 60p (sensor output is 60p)（SH: 17Mbps)
- Continuous recordable time (Motion images)*3 AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 150 min with H-PS14042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 140 min with H-FS014042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 150 min with H-FS45150
- Actual recordable time (Motion images) AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 75 min with H-PS14042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 70 min with H-FS014042 / AVCHD with picture quality set to [FSH]: Approx. 75 min with H-FS45150
- Flicker reduction [1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF
- Type Live View Finder (1,440,000 dots equivalent)
- Field of view Approx. 100%
- Magnification Approx. 1.4x / 0.7x (35mm camera equivalent) with 50mm lens at infinity; -1.0 m -1
- Eye point Approx.17.5mm from eyepiece lens
- Diopter adjustment -4.0~+4.0（dpt）
- Eye sensor Yes
- Eye sensor adjustment High / Low
- Type Contrast AF system
- Focus mode AFS (Single) / AFF (Flexible) / AFC (Continuous) / MF
- AF mode Face detection / AF Tracking / 23-area-focusing / 1-area-focusing / Pinpoint
- AF detective range EV 0 - 18 (ISO100 equivalent)
- AF assist lamp YES
- AF lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AF lock
- Others Quick AF, Continuous AF (during motion image recording), AF+MF, Eye Sensor AF, Touch AF, Touch Pad AF, Touch shutter, Touch MF Assist
- Light metering system 144-zone multi-pattern sensing system
- Light metering mode Intelligent Multiple / Center Weighted / Spot
- Metering range EV 0 - 18 (F2.0 lens, ISO100 equivalent)
- Exposure mode Program AE, Aperture Priority AE, Shutter Priority AE, Manual
- ISO sensitivity (Standard Output Sensitivity) Auto / Intelligent ISO / 160 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200 / 6400 / 12800 / (Changeable to 1/3 EV step)
- Exposure compensation 1/3EV Step ±5EV
- AE lock Set the Fn button in custom menu to AE lock
- AE bracket 3,5,7 frame, in 1/3 or 2/3 or 1EV Step, ±3 EV
- White balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / Flash / White Set 1, 2 / Color temperature setting
- White balance adjustment Blue/amber bias, Magenta/green bias Color temperature setting 2500-10000K in 100K
- White balance bracket 3 exposures in blue/ amber axis or in magenta/ green axis
- Type Focal-plane shutter
- Shutter speed
- Still Images: Bulb (Max.120), 1/4000 ~ 60
- Motion image: 1/16000 ~ 1/30 (NTSC)
- Self timer 10sec, 3 images/ 2sec / 10sec
- Still image Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Glistening Water / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Glittering Illuminations / Clear Night Portrait / Soft Image of a Flower / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- Video Clear Portrait / Silky Skin / Backlit Softness / Clear in Backlight / Relaxing Tone / Sweet Child's Face / Distinct Scenery / Bright Blue Sky / Romantic Sunset Glow / Vivid Sunset Glow / Clear Nightscape / Cool Night Sky / / Warm Glowing Nightscape / Artistic Nightscape / Clear Night Portrait / Appetizing Food / Cute Dessert / Freeze Animal Motion / Clear Sports Shot / Monochrome
- BURST SHOOTING
- Burst speed
- SH : 20.0 frames/sec
- H: 6.0 frames/sec(with AFS)
- M: 3.7 frames/sec (with Live View)
- L: 2.0 frames/sec (with Live View)
- Number of recordable images 9 images (when there are RAW files with the particular speed) / Unlimited consecutive shooting (when there are no RAW files) / (depending on memory card size, battery power, picture size, and compression)
- Type TTL Built-in-Flash, GN10.5 equivalent (ISO 160 ・m), Built-in Pop-up
- Flash Mode Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Forced On/Red-eye Reduction, / Slow Sync., Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off
- Synchronization speed Less than 1/160 second
- Flash synchronization 1st. Curtain Sync, 2nd Curtain Sync.
- Type TFT LCD with Touch panel
- Monitor size Free-angle 3.0inch (7.5cm)/ 3:2 Aspect / Wide-viewing angle
- Pixels 920K dots
- Field of view Approx. 100%
- Monitor adjustment Brightness (7 levels), Contrast and Saturation (7 levels), Red tint (7 levels), Blue tint (7 levels)
- Digital zoom 2x, 4x
- Extra Tele Conversion Still image: Max.2x (Aspect ratio sets at 4:3. Not effective with L size recording. Magnification ratio depends on the recording pixels and aspect ratio.) / Motion image: 2.4x (PSH, FSH in AVCHD and FHD in MP4), 3.6x (SH in AVCHD and HD in MP4), 4.8x (VGA in MP4)
- Other functions Guide Lines (3 patterns) / Real-time Histogram
- Level Gauge Yes (Built-in 3 shaft accelerometer sensor)
DIRECTION DETECTION FUNCTION
- Direction Detection Function Yes
- Fn1, Fn2, Fn3, Fn4, Fn5 One Push AE / Preview / Level Gauge / Focus Area Set / Photo Style / Aspect Ratio / Picture Size / Quality / Focus Mode / Metering Mode / HDR / Flash / / Flash Adjust. / i.Resolution / i.Dynamic / Ex. Tele Conv / Digital Zoom / Electronic Shutter / Stabilizer / Motion Pic. Set / Picture Mode / Histogram / Guide Line / / Step Zoom / Zoom Speed / Rec Area / Sensitivity / White Balance / AF Mode / Drive Mode / Playback
- Still image Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / Soft Focus / Star Filter / One Point Color
- Video Expressive / Retro / High Key / Low Key / Sepia / Dynamic Monochrome / Impressive Art / High Dynamic / Cross Process / Toy Effect / Miniature Effect / One Point Color
- Still image and Video Standard / Vivid / Natural / Monochrome / Scenery / Portrait / Custom
- Playback mode Normal playback, 30-thumbnail display, 12-thumbnail display, Calendar display, Zoomed playback (16x Max.), Slideshow (duration & effect is selectable), Playback Mode (Normal/Picture/Video/3D Play/Category/Favorite), / Title Edit, Text Stamp, Video Divide, Resize, Cropping, Rotate, Favorite, DPOF Print set, Protect, Face Recognition Edit
IMAGE PROTECTION / ERASE
- Protection Single / Multi, Cancel
- Erase Single / Multi / All / Except Favorite
- Direct Print PictBridge compatible（Print size, Layout, Date setting are selectable ）
- USB USB 2.0 High Speed
- HDMI miniHDMI TypeC / Video: Auto / 1080p / 1080i / 480p / Audio: Stereo
- Audio video output Monaural Type, NTSC / *Check the website of the Panasonic sales company in your country or region for details on the products that are available in your market.
- Microphone Stereo, Wind-cut: Off / Auto / Flicker reduction:[1/50] / [1/60] / [1/100] / [1/120] / OFF / Microphone level adjustable: Lv1 / Lv2 / Lv3 / Lv4
- Speaker Monaural
- OSD language English, Spanish, Portuguese(English)
- Battery 1 Li-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1200mAh) (Included) / Battery Charger
- Battery life (CIPA standard) Approx. 310 images with H-FS014042
- Width: 4.72"
- Height: 3.28"
- Depth: 4.79"