Panasonic Black Lumix DMC-SZ5 14.1 Megapixel Digital Camera With Wi-Fi, Model DMCSZ5K
LUMIX SZ5 WI-FI® CAPABLE DIGITAL COMMUNICATION CAMERA
The LUMIX DMC-SZ5, a slim and compact digital camera which features 10x optical zoom (35mm camera equivalent: 25-250mm) and integrates Wi-Fi connectivity to allow for quick file sharing while at home or on-the-go. Marrying the conventional digital camera experience with Wi-Fi capability allows users to connect the LUMIX SZ5 directly to a smartphone device and easily shoot and share photos.
- Wi-Fi Connectivity Built in for Smartphone Connectivity
The LUMIX SZ5 integrates Wi-Fi connectivity so that users can enjoy flexible shooting style and instant imaging sharing. The LUMIX SZ5 can be connected directly to a smartphone device by using it as a wireless router, which eliminates the need to of searching for a Wi-Fi hotspot. With the LUMIX LINK application, for iOS/Android smartphone devices, users can utilize remote shooting, which allows them to place the LUMIX SZ5 at a shooting position and monitor what the lens is seeing live from their smartphone device at 30 fps (frames per second). Users also have the ability to zoom, set focus position, shoot and playback images directly from their smartphone screen using the app. Additionally, users can tag location information to images by utilizing the GPS (Global Positioning System) log of a smartphone and share it with their preferred SNS (Social Network Service).
- Advanced Leica Optical Performance
In addition to the camera’s ease-of-use for connected consumers, the LUMIX SZ5 boasts exceptional optical performance, producing images with stunning clarity imagery in a slim and compact camera body. A 25mm ultra wide-angle LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR lens system with powerful, 10x optical zoom excels in shooting both dynamic landscapes with wide-angle views and up-close subjects. With Intelligent Resolution Technology, the Intelligent Zoom feature extends the cameras zoom ratio up to 20x the equivalent while maintaining crisp picture quality. Sonic Speed AF (Auto Focus) helps users capture even the most fleeting photo opportunities.
- 14.1 Megapixel CCD
The 14.1 megapixel CCD sensor and Venus Engine processes high-quality images in both photo and video recording
- HD Video Recording
The LUMIX SZ5 records dynamic HD video in 1280x720 at 30p in MP4*1 format which can be played back directly on a PC or other portable electronics device without the need to convert the file. A dedicated video button allows users to quickly switch between photo mode and video recording.
- Trust iA
To help ensure the LUMIX SZ5 is easy to use, the digital camera features Panasonic’s popular iA (Intelligent Auto) mode. In iA mode, a suite of technologies are automatically engaged and the camera chooses the best setting based on the shooting environment. For instance, iA includes Face Detection, AF Tracking, Intelligent ISO Control, Intelligent Scene Selector and Intelligent Exposure. Furthermore, the Auto Retouch function automatically adjusts the contrast and brightness to give any photo a different impression with the touch of a button.
- Optical Image Stabilizer
MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) helps to suppress handshake which often occurs when shooting using high zoom.
- Add Creative Effects To Your Photos and Videos
The LUMIX SZ5 also features special effects to enhance the shooting experience and create fun photo options. In Miniature Effect mode, the peripherals are defocused while saturation and contrast is emphasized to make the picture look like a diorama. Video recorded in Miniature Effect mode is played back in 10x fast-forwarding, making it comical and fun to watch*2. Panorama Shot makes it possible to shoot a horizontal or vertical panoramic image by taking consecutive shots and then overlaying the photos for the effect of a panoramic photo.
- Archive Your Images While Charging the Battery
The new LUMIX SZ5 makes archiving images as simple as charging the camera’s battery. Both photo and video, in their original size, can be archived to registered digital equipment, like a PC or compliant Panasonic AV equipment, automatically via a home’s wireless router when the camera’s battery is being charged, eliminating the need to eject and re-insert the camera’s SD Memory Card or connect the camera to a computer via USB cable.
- Lumix Club and Social Network Sharing
Users can also save photos to the Panasonic exclusive cloud service, “LUMIX CLUB” and easily transfer images to Facebook™, Flickr™, Picasa™, Twitter™ or YouTube™. The LUMIX SZ5’s Wi-Fi function also allows for playback of images on DLNA (Digital Living Network Alliance)-compliant VIERA HDTV’s*3.
- Additional Features
- Large, 3-inch Intelligent LCD screen with High Angle Mode that automatically adjusts the backlight based on the environment’s lighting
- USB power charging in addition to the conventional AC power supply
- LUMIX Image Uploader
- Camera Effective Pixels 14.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size 1/2.33-inch CCD Sensor
- Total Pixels 14.5 Total Megapixels
- Filter Primary Color Filter
- Aperture F3.1 - F5.9 / 2-Step (F3.1 / F9.0 (W), F5.9 / F16.0 (T))
- Optical Zoom 10.0x
- Focal Length f=4.5-45.0mm (25-250mm in 35mm equiv.) / (27-270mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 11.8x (4:3 / 10M), 16.9x (4:3 / 5M), 21.1x(4:3 / under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 20.0x
- Lens LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR / 9 elements in 7 groups / (4 Aspherical Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces)
- Optical Image Stabilizer 1 MEGA O.I.S. (On/Off)
- Digital Zoom 2 Max. 4x
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 150 cm - infinity / Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 150cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On/Off )
- Focus Normal, AF Macro, Macro Zoom / Quick AF (Always On), Continuous AF(only for motion picture) / AF Tracking
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23-area / 1-area
- Shutter Speed approx. 8 - 1/1600 sec
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3) / Motion picture: MP4
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, Normal Picture, SCN, Miniature Effect
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Panorama Shot, Sports, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, / Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Glass Through, Photo Frame
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full- Resolution Image: 1.5 frames/sec
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- [HD Video] / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- [STD Video] / 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)
- MP4 (Continuous recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 90 min (HD)
- MP4 (Actual recordable time [motion pictures]) approx. 45 min (HD)
- Exposure Auto (Program AE)
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing No
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
- ISO Sensitivity i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] / 3232x3232(10.5M) / [4:3] / 4320x3240(14M) / 3648x2736(10M EZ) / 2560x1920(5M EZ) / 2048x1536(3M EZ) / 640x480(0.3M EZ) / [3:2] / 4320x2880 (12.5M) / [16:9] / 4320x2432 (10.5M)
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid(in normal / video), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 2412MHz - 2462MHz (11ch) / Wi-Fi / WPA / WPA2 / Infurastracture mode / Wi-Fi Button
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Self Timer 2sec / 10sec
- Playback Mode 4 Normal Playback, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Category, Favorites), / Calendar Playback
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual-Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Auto Retouch
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor 5 3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots) / Field of View : approx. 100% / Power LCD mode, AUTO Power LCD mode, High Angle mode
- Built-in-Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, / 0.6 - 5.6m (Wide/i ISO), 1.5 - 2.9m (Tele/i ISO)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built-in-Memory Approx.55MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
- Interface AV Output (NTSC), USB Multi
- Power 6 Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V, Minimum: 680mAh/2.5Wh) (Included) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC) (Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 250 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 8.4 SE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, AC adaptor, USB Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Width: 4.10"
- Height: 2.27"
- Depth: 0.82"
*1 Motion pictures in [MP4] can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds. Also, motion picture recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4 GB.• Use a card with SD Speed Class with "Class 4" or higher when recording videos. • SD Speed Class is the speed standard regarding continuous writing
*2 Sound will not be recorded with [MINIATURE EFFECT] and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded. (If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will be approximately 1 minute long.)
*3 Wireless access point (router) is required • Leica is a registered trademark of Leica Microsystems IR GmbH.
*1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4 oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving it until the temperature of the battery decreases.
*2 / - These are standard times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. / - The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation etc. / -Motion Pictures can be recorded continuously for up to 29 minutes 59 seconds in European PAL area. Also, motion picutre recorded continuously in [MP4] is up to 4GB.
1. MEGA O.I.S. may not be available depending on the lens that is mounted
2. As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
3. Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Color, Gamma Correction
4. In PAL regions, images are converted from 60i to 50i, 60p to 50p and 30p to 25p for playback.
5. Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency brake is applied.
6. This cameras comes with a function to check whether the battery and unit can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot check for themselves before purchasing.