Sony ES 9.2 Channel 4K Black A/V Receiver, Model STRDA5800ES
Experience the latest advancements in home theater entertainment with the ES (Elevated Standard) STR-DA5800ES 9.2-channel 4K A/V receiver. The Sony ES flagship receiver redefines the home theater receiver with 9.2 channels, 130 watts per channel (8 Ohm 20-20kHz 0.09%THD), 11 HD inputs (9 HDMI®, 2 component), 4K video pass-through and upscaling, easy automation home theater and lighting control, plus expandable home automation. This premium receiver also features the widest selection of internet streaming—including Netflix®, Hulu Plus™, Pandora®, Slacker® and many more; plus Sony's DCAC EX Auto Calibration, activity-based navigation, and easy set up wizard.
- 9.2-channel with 130 watts per channel
- Easy automation
- 4K resolution pass-through and upscaling
- 11 HD inputs
- Internet streaming
- Control with iOS and Android™ devices
Best picture, best soundtrack.
From the handpicked pure audio grade parts, to the technology developed specifically for the ES line of receivers, every decision was made with the goal of eliminating distortion and achieving audiophile quality sound. Its power transformer has the largest core size for this class of A/V receiver and has been separated from the AC line to eliminate residual noise. Sony has even adopted a lead-free, nearly pure tin solder to connect all these parts and help maintain the signal quality.
Control all your home theater components, including your TV, cable box, receiver and Blu-ray Disc™ player, with the press of a button on the included remote or with the ES Remote app on your compatible iOS or Android™ device. You can even control your lights with the purchase of compatible switches or dimmers.
With the STR-DA5800ES, you can create, save, and launch pre-programmed scenes and moods. For instance, choose "Watch A Movie" and the lights dim, the volume and EQ adjust to where you want, the inputs switch, and your home theater comes alive. It even lets you create scenes for all of your entertainment options, whether it's movie watching, music for private listening or a house party, or for any of your gaming choices. You can even set your system to auto-adjust to a specific volume level every time you play from that source.
Easy set-up wizard.
The STR-DA5800ES easy set-up wizard will take you through everything you need to create and control your home theater experience. Includes four customizable scenes which can be programmed to perform an array of tasks. With the press of a button, you can turn on your TV, adjust the volume level, start your Blu-ray player and dim the lamps for the perfect home movie experience.
The Sony STR-DA5800ES receiver has the capability to stream both video and audio from the internet, including Netflix®, YouTube®, Hulu Plus™, Pandora®, Slacker®, and more.
Beautiful nine-channel sound.
130 Watts x 9 (8 Ohm 20-20kHz 0.09%THD) for cinema-like surround sound and crystal clear music reproduction
Eleven High Definition inputs for system flexibility.
Eleven HD inputs, Nine HDMI® inputs (up to 4Kcapable) let you connect a Sony PlayStation®3 entertainment system, Blu-ray Disc™ player, or any other HDMI-capable equipment and get uncompressed digital video and multi-channel digital audio.
Stream movies and music from the Internet.
Enjoy more movie and music options with a wide variety of built-in streaming services including Netflix®, YouTube®, Hulu Plus™, Pandora® and Slacker®.
Custom scenes set the mood.
Watching a movie? Have your lights dim, your inputs automatically switch, your movie start, and your volume adjust to its optimal level with the click of one button. Do the same for listening to your favorite music, playing a game, or throwing a house party.
4K pass-through and up-scaling.
Future-proof your system and take a quantum leap in video clarity. The STR-DA5800ES allows native 4K video content to be passed through to a 4K television or projector, and even up-scales high definition movies and TV shows to 4K quality on a 4K display.
Upgradable to a full home automation system.
With the help of an authorized Sony ES or Control4® dealer, the full power of the STR-DA5800ES receiver can be unlocked to support expanded home automation including multi-zone audio, lighting and shades, security, appliances and almost anything else you can imagine.
Seamless integration with the leading control systems.
The STR-DA5800ES is Control4® Certified and features Crestron Connected™ and AMX Beacon. It also includes triggers and is controllable over IP, RS232 and IR, for more installation options.
Built for sound.
The legendary quality of the ES line is evident in every aspect of this receiver. From the handpicked pure audio grade parts, to the technology developed specifically for the ES line of receivers, every decision was made with the goal of eliminating distortion and achieving audiophile quality sound.
Control with the ES Remote App on compatible iOS and Android™ devices.
Turn your smart phone (iPhone®, Android®, etc.) into a remote control for your entertainment system by downloading the ES Remote app. Browse and operate the receiver’s functions and settings on your mobile device without displaying it on the TV.
Three HDMI outputs.
Three HDMI® outputs can toggle or simultaneously output 4K video between two HD displays, such as two televisions or a television plus a projector. The third HDMI output supports 2nd zone video.
4-Port Audio grade Ethernet switch.
Built-in 4-Port Ethernet switch so you can connect your home theater or other components to your router through the AV receiver.
HD Digital Cinema Sound
HD-Digital Cinema Sound® is a proprietary Sony® soundfield that has been precisely tuned to mimic the sounds of the Cary Grant sound stage at the Sony Pictures Entertainment studio, where hundreds of Hollywood hits have been recorded.
Simple on-screen "Activity Based" menu.
Easily access and manage your input devices and settings with the intuitive Activity Based on-screen menu. For example, navigate to “watch” ? “Blu-Ray” rather than “Input” ? “HDMI 1”.
HDMI® GUI overlay.
Quickly change or check settings without disrupting what you’re watching. The Faroudja DCDi Cinema® chipset allows for an onscreen menu to overlay 1080p content via an HDMI® connection.
Front HDMI® input for quick connectivity
Conveniently located HDMI® input on the front bezel quickly connects an HD camera/camcorder, game system or other HDMI equipped device.
USB Front Input.
Allows for simple connection of portable devices including compatible iPod®/iPhones®, and media USB drive/hard drive.
Quick Speaker Set Up (Digital Cinema Audio Calibration EX)
Simply place the included microphone at your listening position, start auto-calibration, and the receiver will correct for speaker distance, degree, characteristic, and phase to create an acoustically ideal environment.
Direct Stream Digital® (DSD) Decoding via HDMI®.
Audio format utilized for high-resolution formats like SA-CD, transmitted via HDMI® cable (sold separately), to minimize information loss and maintain audio signal purity.
Sony® DLL Audio Scaler.
The Sony® DLL Audio Scaler analyzes and upscales standard definition (compressed) audio signals (@ 44.1kHz, 48kHz or 96kHz) to 192kHz. It’s effective for network content, too.
Berliner Philharmonic Soundfield.
Simulate the sound field of one of the world’s premiere orchestras—Berliner Philharmonic. This acoustic effect choice is automatically chosen when streaming audio from the included Berliner Philharmoniker’s Digital Concert Hall service.
Flexible speaker configuration options
The STR-DA5800ES is capable of 9.2 channel audio, but can be also configured to include front high speakers, use the surround back speakers for a second zone of audio, or for bi-amp speaker capability.
Multi-Room HD Video Distribution—up to 2 rooms (component video).
Start your favorite HD programming in the living room and finish in the bedroom. HD 1080i quality video signals can be distributed over CAT5e for the second zone output.
Allows for firmware and software updates over the network.
Faroudja DCDi Cinema® Technology
The STR-DA5800ES is equipped with Faroudja DCDi® Cinema IC technology to help correct jaggedness often seen after I/P (Interlace/Progressive) conversion. This produces a smooth, high-definition-quality picture.
DTS Neo:X™ is the world’s first 11.1 surround system providing a semi-spherical sound field using an 11.1 speaker configuration adding height/wide speakers to create a natural, immersive, spacious and lifelike 3D audio soundscape.
Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz
The STR-DA5800ES supports Dolby® Pro Logic® IIz, featuring Front-High Speakers, for a more spacious, three dimensional surround sound experience.
Enhanced Color Range (Deep Color & x.v.Color™ technology)
Take HDTV color expression to new levels with x.v.Color™ and Deep Color technology. When the STR-DA5800ES is connected to x.v.Color capable video sources, the display shows nearly twice (1.8x) as many viewable colors as the existing RGB color standard.
When you connect 3D capable HDTV and Blu-ray Disc™ Player with a high speed HDMI® cable, the STR-DA5700ES can pass through a 3D signal, so you can enjoy 3D picture with high quality sound.
DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance)
DLNA® compliance allows compliant AV Receivers to access digital photos, music, and video from DLNA-enabled PCs and other devices.
DLNA® (Digital Living Network Alliance) Audio Server
Distribute your personal music library to other DLNA® devices.
24p True Cinema™ Pass -through
24p True Cinema™ support provides a direct connection to 24p video sources such as a Blu-ray Disc™ player or Sony PlayStation®3 entertainment system. This avoids conversions and displays films at their intended 24 fps cinematic picture quality.
One Touch Play (BRAVIA Sync®)
BRAVIA Sync® utilizes the HDMI® CEC function to power up and select the appropriate inputs for your BRAVIA® HDTV and HDMI-connected A/V components and route signals to the home theater components.
Audio Return Channel (ARC)
Route audio from your TV, whether it is from an over the air channels or Network content from BRAVIA® Internet Link, back downstream to your STR-DA5800ES with a single ARC HDMI® cable (sold separately).
- Automatic Phase Matching: Yes
- Band: 31
- Digital Cinema Auto Calibration: D.C.A.C. EX
- Mic: STEREO
- Speaker Relocation: Yes
- Berlin Philharmonie: Yes (SB/FH)
- USB: 2 (Front:iPhone/WM + Back:for Zigbee)
- Ethernet (Switching HUB): 4(Yes)
- Video Output
- A/V Out (Inc. Monitor Out): 2
- Composite Monitor Out (inc. Monitor Out): 1
- HDMI Out: Output x2 + Zone Ont x1
- Speaker Out
- Center: Yes
- Front A (L/R): Yes
- Front B (L/R): Yes
- Front High (L/R): Yes
- Surround (L/R): Yes
- Surround Back (L/R): Yes
- Decoding Format(s)
- 96k/24Bit PCM: Yes
- DTS / DTS-ES (Matrix6.1 / Discrete6.1): Yes/Yes
- DTS HD MA/ DTS HD HR: Yes/Yes
- DTS NEO:x (Tentative): Yes
- Dolby Digital EX/ Dolby Digital: Yes/Yes
- Dolby Dual Mono: Yes
- Dolby Prologic/II /Iix /Iiz: Yes/Yes/Yes/Yes
- Dolby TruHD/Dolby Digital +: Yes/Yes
- LPCM (2CH/5.1CH/7.1CH) thru HDMI: Yes(Yes/Yes/Yes)
- Tone Control
- Center (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes +MidD
- Front (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes
- Front High (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes
- Surround (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes
- Surround Back (Bass/Treble): Yes/Yes
- Direct Ethernet Update: Yes
- Auto Tuning: Yes
- Direct Tuning: Yes (RM)
- FM/AM: Yes/Yes
- Preset Channel (FM/AM): TTL60 (30/30)
- Station Name: Yes
- Audio Output
- Analog Audio Out: 1
- Headphone Out: Yes
- Pre Out (Center): Yes
- Pre Out (Front (L/R)): Yes
- Pre Out (Front Height (L/R)): Yes
- Pre Out (Subwoofer): 2
- Pre Out (Surround (L/R)): Yes
- Pre Out (Surround Back (L/R): Yes
- Output Power
- (4Ohms 1kHz) THD: 0.7%
- (4Ohms 20-20kHz) THD: 0.15%
- (8Ohms 1kHz) THD: 0.7%
- (8Ohms 20-20kHz) THD: 0.09%
- 4Ohms 1kHz: 130W+130W
- 4Ohms 20-20kHz: 130W+130W
- 8Ohms 1kHz: 140W+140W
- 8Ohms 20-20kHz: 130W+130W
- Sound Optimizer: Yes
- Speaker Impedance: 4 - 16ohm
- (8Ohms 20-20kHz) THD: 0.09%
- 4 Ohm/8 Ohm Switching: Yes (In Menu)
- Analog Down Mix: Yes
- Bi-AMP: Yes
- DSP: Falcon2.0 + Falcon2.0
- Digital Legato Linear: Yes
- Number of Amp channels: 9ch
- OP processing: Yes
- Speaker Selector: A/B, A+B
- Speaker Terminal: Screw (Ni)
- Sub Woofer X' Over: 17 points (40-200Hz)
- Type: Analog
- Video Input
- A/V In: Including Front AV: 5
- Component Video In: 2
- HDMI In: 9(1) - 2 inputs for audio
- Audio Input
- Analog Audio In: 3
- Coax : 3
- Multi-ch In: 1(7.1)
- Optical In: 3
- Phono (MM): Yes
- Sound Field
- 2ch: Yes
- A.F.D. Auto: Yes
- Analog Direct: Yes
- HD-D.C.S.: Yes (SB/FH)
- Headphone 2ch: Yes
- Headphone Direct: Yes
- Headphone Multi: Yes
- Jazz Club: Yes (SB/FH)
- Live Concert: Yes (SB/FH)
- Movie Height: Yes
- Multi Stereo: Yes (SB/FH)
- Neo:x Cinema: Yes
- Neo:x Game: Yes
- Neo:x Music: Yes
- PLII Movie: Yes
- PLII Music: Yes
- PLIIx Movie: Yes
- PLIIx Music: Yes
- PLIIz Height: Yes
- Portable Audio Enhancer: Yes
- Sound Field Link: Yes
- Sports: Yes (SB/FH)
- Stadium: Yes (SB/FH)
- True Concert Mapping: Concertgebouw/Musikverein : Yes (SB/FH)
- Vocal Height Matching (tentative): Yes
- CIS & Control
- 2nd A : Speaker&Line (Variable&Variable)
- IP Control : Yes
- DCS/HD-D.C.S. LED: HD-D.C.S, Berlin Philharmonic Hall True Concert Mapping
- Display: 20 digit dot matrix
- Multi Channel Decoding Blue LED: Yes
- Panel: Alumi/ES
- Remote Commander: U-RM
- Mobile Application: ES Remote Base (iPhone/Android)
- Network Client: Yes (Music/Photo/Video)
- Network Renderer: Yes
- 3D over HDMI: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Audio Widget: Yes
- BRAVIA® SYNC™ (CEC Control): Yes (One-Touch Play, System Audio Control, System Power Off, Theater Mode(No button on RM))
- DSD: Yes
- HATS for HDMI: Yes
- HDMI Pass Through: Yes
- HDMI Version: 1.4a
- HDMI(tm) video output capability: 4k,1080/24p, Deep Color, x.v.Color (xvYCC)
- S-Select: Yes
- Video Down Converter (Analog to Analog): Yes
- Video Up Converter (Analog Component/HDMI): Yes/Yes
- Video Up Scaler (Analog; Component/HDMI): Yes(1080i)/Yes(4k)
- A/V Sync
- A/V SYNC: Yes (Variable)
- A/V Sync Sampling Frequency: 192kHz
- A/V Sync Time (msec): 0-1200
- A/V Sync auto mode: Yes
- 12V Trigger: 3
- 2nd V: CAT5 & Composite & Component & HDMI
- 3rd A: Line (Fix)
- C4 iQ: Yes
- Certification (AMX/Crestron/Control4): Yes
- IR Repeat (In/Out): Yes(1/4)
- RS-232C for control: Yes
- Video Up Scaler & Converter (1080i)/GUI for Zone2: Yes
- AC Outlet(Switched): Yes(2)
- Assignable Component Video IN: Yes
- Assignable HDMI Video IN: Yes
- Attachment: IR emitter x4, Zigbee Dongle
- Auto Standby: Yes
- Detachable AC: Yes
- Digital Input Assign: Yes
- Easy Automation: Yes
- GUI: Yes (New Rich Grade)
- GUI Language: En/Fr/Dl/Sp
- Pin Jack: Nickel
- Power Consumption: 500W
- Power Consumption (Power Stand By): 0.5W
- Power Requirement: 120V 60Hz
- Sleep Timer: Yes (up to 2 hours)
- iPod Browsing with System (via USB): VIDEO/MUSIC
- Height 7.5"
- Width 17"
- Depth 16-5/8"
- Unit: 39.7 lb
- Shipping: 48.6 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Limited 5
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty
tab above for details