HP LaserJet Pro 400 Printer M401dn, Model CF278ABGJ
Optimize your day-to-day workflow. Print on the go with mobile printing options, and share printing resources on a network. Use business apps to access and print from the Web. Be productive and save paper using automatic two-sided printing.
Superior productivity—increased mobility
- Drive productivity in—or out of—the office. Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. Save paper with automatic two-sided printing. Share resources with Ethernet networking. Fast print speeds and paper tray capacity help you do more.
- Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint. And with AirPrint™ you can simply print wirelessly from your iPad®, iPhone®, and iPod touch®.
- Print from virtually anywhere, using HP ePrint.
- Drive productivity and save paper, using automatic two-sided printing.
- Use built-in Ethernet to share printing resources on a network.
- Boost productivity with fast print speeds. Reload paper less often with up to 250-sheet paper capacity.
Web-connected ease of use
- Use business apps and the 3.5-inch (8.89 cm) color touchscreen to access and print from the Web.
- Manage your workflow with intuitive features right on the printer. An easy-access USB port enables printing directly from a flash drive.
- Install your printer fast—there's no CD required with HP Smart Install.
- Use the easy-access USB port to print from a flash drive.
- Easily control your print environment with market-leading management tools.
Professional-quality output for a great value
- Produce professional-quality business prints with bold, crisp text and sharp images.
- Reliably print up to 3000 pages a month. With a high recommended monthly page volume from this dependable printer, you can trust HP to help you handle most print jobs.
- Depend on a printer with up to 3000-page recommended monthly page volume—the ideal fit for reliable printing.
- Save money by saving energy—HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology powers your printer up and down automatically.
- Save time with easy-to-install Original HP cartridges, and save more with high-capacity cartridges.
Reduced environment impact
- Reduce energy use with HP Auto-On/Auto-Off Technology.
- Reduce paper use by up to 50% with automatic two-sided printing.
- Easily recycle Original HP LaserJet toner cartridges through HP Planet Partners.
- Reduce packaging waste—Original HP toner cartridges ship in the printer.
- Print speed, black (normal quality mode): Up to 35 ppm
- First page out (black): As fast as 8 sec
- Print resolution, black: Up to 1200 x 1200 dpi
- Print technology: Laser
- Monthly duty cycle: Up to 50,000 pages
- Recommended monthly print volume: 750 to 3000
- Memory, standard: 256 MB
- Memory, Maxium: 256 MB
- Processor speed: 800 MHz
- Print languages, standard: HP PCL 5e, HP PCL 6, HP Postscript Level 3 emulation, direct PDF (v 1.7) printing
- Memory Slots: 1 slot, 120-pin DIMM (for Nor font flash module)
- Hard disk: None
- Paper tray(s), standard: 2 / 3
- Paper tray(s), optional: 3
- Paper handling standard,input: 50-sheet multipurpose tray 1, 250-sheet input tray 2, automatic duplexer for two-sided printing
- Paper handling optional,input: Optional third 500-sheet tray
- Paper handling standard,output: 150-sheet output bin
- Duplex printing (printing on both sides of paper): Automatic (standard)
- Media sizes, custom: Multipurpose tray: 3 x 5 to 8.5 x 14 in; tray 2 and optional 500-sheet-tray 3: 4.1 x 5.8 to 8.5 x 14 in
- Media sizes, standard: Letter, legal, executive, 8.5 x 13 in
- Media types: Paper (plain, Green mode, light, heavy, bond, color, letterhead, preprinted, prepunched, recycled, rough); envelopes; labels; transparencies, cardstock
- Document finishing: Sheetfed
- Auto Sensor: No
- Envelope feeder: No
- HP ePrint capability: Yes
- Connectivity, standard: 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0; 1 Host USB; 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network; 1 Walk-up USB
- I/O ports
- 1 Hi-Speed USB 2.0
- 1 Host USB
- 1 Ethernet 10/100/1000T network
Power and Operating Requirements
- PC: Microsoft® Windows® 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Windows Vista® (32-bit/64-bit): 1 GHz 32-bit (x86) or 64-bit (x64) processor, 1 GB RAM (32-bit) or 2 GB RAM (64-bit), 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port; Windows® XP32 SP2 (32-bit): Pentium® 233 MHz processor, 512 MB RAM, 400 MB hard disk space, CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet, USB or Network port
- Macintosh: Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7; PowerPC G4, G5, or Intel® Core™ Processor; 500 MB hard disk; CD-ROM/DVD-ROM or Internet; USB or Network
- Compatible operating systems
- Full software installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows®7 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows Vista® 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows® XP 32-bit (SP2 or higher)
- Driver only installs supported on: Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 32-bit and 64-bit, Windows®
- Server 2003 32-bit (SP3 or higher)
- Mac OS X v 10.5, v 10.6, v 10.7
- Linpus Linux : 9.4, 9.5
- Red Hat Enterprise Linux: 5.0, 6.0
- OpenSuSE: 11.3, 11.4
- Fedora: 14, 15
- Ubuntu: 10.04, 10.10, 11.04
- Debian: 5.0, 6.0 and HPUX11i
- Macintosh compatible: Yes
- Sure supply support: Yes
- Power consumption: 570 watts (Printing), 7.3 watts (Ready), 6.2 watts (Sleep), 0.1 watts (Off)
- Operating temperature range: 63.5 to 77ºF
- ENERGY STAR® Compliant: Yes
In the Box:
- HP LaserJet Pro 400 M401dn
- HP 80A Black LaserJet Toner Cartridge (~2700 pages)
- Installation guide, Getting Started guide, Support flyer, Warranty guide
- Printer documentation and software on CD-ROM
- Power cord
- Height: 10.67"
- Width: 14.35"
- Depth: 14.49"
- Unit: 24.2 lbs
- Shipping: 30 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts & Labor