Apple 4th Gen iPad With Retina Wi-Fi 64GB For Verizon - MD524LLA
It's brilliant. In every sense of the word.
Pick up the iPad with Retina display and suddenly, it’s clear. You’re actually touching your photos, reading a book, playing the piano. Nothing comes between you and what you love. That’s because the fundamental elements of iPad — the display, the processor, the cameras, the wireless connection — all work together to create the best possible experience. And they make iPad capable of so much more than you ever imagined.
- Retina Display. See everything like never before.
- The best display ever on a mobile device.
Everything you do with iPad, you do through its large, beautiful display. And when the display is better, the entire iPad experience is better. The Retina display on iPad features a 2048-by-1536 resolution, rich color saturation, and an astounding 3.1 million pixels. That’s four times the number of pixels in iPad 2 and a million more than an HDTV. Those pixels are so close together, your eyes can’t discern individual ones at a normal viewing distance. When you can’t see the pixels, you see the whole picture. Or article. Or game. In ways you never could before.
- Powerful A6X chip. We doubled down on performance.
- Twice the speed. Twice the graphics performance.
The new A6X chip inside iPad is our most powerful mobile chip yet. It delivers up to twice the CPU and graphics performance of the A5X chip. And it makes iPad feel faster and even more responsive. Apps launch instantly and run smoothly. Graphics-intensive games are fluid and lifelike on the gorgeous Retina display. And with improved image signal processing built into the A6X chip, the photos and videos you take with the 5-megapixel iSight camera look sharper and even more Retina worthy.
- 10-hour battery life.
iPad features a 3.1-million-pixel Retina display and an advanced processor and graphics. How much of an effect does that have on battery life? Almost none. You still get up to 10 hours of power to read, watch, play, write, and create whatever you want, all you want.1
- Apps. Something for everyone. And everything
- Built-in apps.
Right out of the box, iPad takes the things you do every day and makes them extraordinary. Map out your next adventure. Then shoot it in 1080p HD. Ask Siri to help you find the best pizza in town. Watch a webcast or a movie. Read a best seller or a magazine. Check email. Send messages. Or stay in touch face-to-face over FaceTime. You’ll be amazed at how much is built right in.2
- Over 275,000 apps from the App Store.
The App Store is home to more than 275,000 iPad apps and counting.3 But quantity is only part of the story. These are beautiful, immersive, made-just-for-iPad apps. And they change the way you do everything. You can make a spreadsheet for work, make a Hollywood-style trailer for fun, plan a lesson, plan a trip, or simply plan a meal — all on a single device.
- FaceTime and iSight cameras. Now there are even more reasons to smile.
- Wave hello with the new FaceTime HD camera.
FaceTime on iPad puts you face-to-face — even when you’re miles apart. You can make a video call over Wi-Fi or cellular,4 so if you’re out and about, your friends and family are never out of the loop. And now with the new FaceTime HD camera, everyone can get an even better view of you and what’s around you. You can also use it for taking self-portraits or recording 720p HD video.
- Record HD video in full 1080p.
Sometimes life takes you by surprise. You’re reading on your iPad while waiting for the train when you spy a talented performer on the platform. Or you’re browsing the web on the couch when your dog trots by wearing your daughter’s tutu. The iSight camera on iPad lets you capture all these unpredictable, beautiful, and hilarious moments. In 1080p HD, no less. And with automatic video stabilization, your recording is free of bumps and shakes. Which is a big advantage when you’re laughing uncontrollably.
- Shoot 5-megapixel still images.
The 5-megapixel iSight camera features a backside illumination sensor that captures great-looking pictures whether by sunlight or candlelight. When you shoot photos, the big, beautiful Retina display becomes a big, beautiful viewfinder — giving you plenty of room to compose your shot. Autofocus, tap to focus, and tap to set exposure functions mean every photo you take instantly becomes frameworthy. And with built-in face detection that automatically balances focus and exposure across up to 10 faces, there’s more room for more grins. So everyone look at iPad and say “Cheese.”
- Ultrafast Wireless. Make faster connections. The world over.
- Advanced Wi-Fi technology. Built in.
The new Wi-Fi capabilities built into iPad keep you connected faster than ever — up to twice as fast as any previous-generation iPad. With dual-band (2.4GHz and 5GHz) 802.11n Wi-Fi and support for channel bonding, download speeds can reach up to 150 Mbps.5 Translation: Many of the things you do every day may start to feel a whole lot faster.
- Next-generation cellular connectivity — up to LTE.
If you want to connect to the Internet even when you don’t have access to Wi-Fi, choose iPad with Wi-Fi + Cellular. It now supports even more ultrafast cellular networks around the world — including LTE wireless networks6 and other advanced networks such as HSPA, HSPA+, and DC-HSDPA. So you can download content, stream video, and browse the web at amazing speeds — without a contract or long-term commitment.
- Siri. Your wish is its command.
- Just ask Siri.
Siri is the intelligent assistant that helps you get things done, just by asking. Talk to Siri as you would to a person: Ask “Do I need an umbrella?” or “Did the Giants win last night?” or “What time is the barbecue on Sunday?” Siri not only understands what you say, it knows what you mean. It figures out the right apps to use to find the right answer. Then, just like a personal assistant, Siri provides you with the information you need.7
- iOS. The world’s most advanced mobile operating system.
At the core of every iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch is iOS. It includes all the built-in apps you use every day and all the intuitive technology — like Multi-Touch and Siri — that makes iPad so advanced. With every free iOS update comes even more capability for your devices. You’ll find the latest version, iOS 6, already installed on iPad. So right out of the box, you get more than 200 new features to make the things you do every day even better.
Your content. On all your devices.
iCloud is built right into iPad. Just turn it on and you’ll have instant access to all the things you need, whether you’re on your iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Mac, or PC.8 New features in iOS 6 let you do even more with iCloud. Share the photos you want with the people you choose using Shared Photo Streams. Locate, lock, and recover your misplaced iPad easier than ever. Browse a web page on one device and pick up where you left off on another device using iCloud Tabs. And that’s just for starters.
- Lightning connector. Smaller. Smarter. Durable. Reversible.
- A new way to get connected.
Part of every new iPad is the all-new Lightning connector. It’s 80 percent smaller than the 30-pin connector. And it features an all-digital, eight-signal design that’s significantly more durable. Another brilliant feature of Lightning: It’s reversible. Which means there’s no wrong way to plug in the cable.
- Lightning to 30-pin Adapter.
If you have an iPad accessory that depends on the 30-pin connector, you can still connect it to your new iPad. Simply use a Lightning to 30-pin Adapter (sold separately).
- AirPlay. Play it on your iPad. Watch it on your HDTV.
- Stream via AirPlay.
All the great stuff on your iPad — your music, photos, and videos — can stream wirelessly to your HDTV and speakers via Apple TV9 or to AirPlay-enabled speakers over a Wi-Fi network. With just a tap on the AirPlay icon, you can rock the house with your favorite album, have a movie night, or show off some photos. And go big.
Print via AirPrint.
Print right from your iPad over Wi-Fi with AirPrint. There’s no software to download, no drivers to install, and no cables to connect. Print from Mail, Photos, Safari, and iBooks. Or any of the iWork apps — Pages, Keynote, and Numbers. With just a few taps, you can send whatever's onscreen to an AirPrint-enabled printer
- Wireless and Cellular
- 802.11a/b/g/n Wi-Fi (802.11n 2.4GHz and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- Retina display
- 9.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit Multi-Touch display with IPS technology
- 2048-by-1536 resolution at 264 pixels per inch (ppi)
- Fingerprint-resistant oleophobic coating
- Dual-core A6X with quad-core graphics
- Cameras, Photos, and Video Recording
- FaceTime HD Camera
- 1.2MP photos
- 720p HD video
- FaceTime video calling over Wi-Fi or cellular4
- Face detection
- Backside illumination
- Tap to control exposure for video or still images
- Photo and video geotagging
- iSight Camera
- 5MP photos
- Face detection
- Backside illumination
- Five-element lens
- Hybrid IR filter
- ƒ/2.4 aperture
- Tap to focus video or still images
- Tap to control exposure for video or still images
- Photo and video geotagging
- Video Recording
- 1080p HD video recording
- Video stabilization
- Face detection
- Tap to focus while recording
- Backside illumination
- Power and Battery8
- Built-in 42.5-watt-hour rechargeable lithium-polymer battery
- Up to 10 hours of surfing the web on Wi-Fi, watching video, or listening to music
- Charging via power adapter or USB to computer system
- Lightning connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone minijack
- Built-in speaker
- Three-axis gyro
- Ambient light sensor
- Audio Playback
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (8 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), HE-AAC, MP3 (8 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, 4, Audible Enhanced Audio, AAX, and AAX+), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- User-configurable maximum volume limit
- TV and Video
- AirPlay Mirroring to Apple TV (2nd and 3rd generation) at 720p
- AirPlay video streaming to Apple TV (3rd generation) at up to 1080p and Apple TV (2nd generation) at up to 720p
- Video mirroring and video out support: Up to 720p through Lightning Digital AV Adapter and Lightning to VGA Adapter; video playback up to 1080p (sold separately)
- Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
- Mail Attachment Support
- Viewable document types: .jpg, .tiff, .gif (images); .doc and .docx (Microsoft Word); .htm and .html (web pages); .key (Keynote); .numbers (Numbers); .pages (Pages); .pdf (Preview and Adobe Acrobat); .ppt and .pptx (Microsoft PowerPoint); .txt (text); .rtf (rich text format); .vcf (contact information); .xls and .xlsx (Microsoft Excel)
- Language support for English (U.S.), English (UK), Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Keyboard support for English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Emoji, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Tibetan, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Dictionary support (enables predictive text and autocorrect) for English (U.S.), English (Australian), English (Canadian), English (UK), Chinese - Simplified (Handwriting, Pinyin, Stroke), Chinese - Traditional (Handwriting, Pinyin, Zhuyin, Cangjie, Stroke), French, French (Canadian), French (Switzerland), German (Germany), German (Switzerland), Italian, Japanese (Romaji, Kana), Korean, Spanish, Arabic, Bulgarian, Catalan, Cherokee, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Estonian, Finnish, Flemish, Greek, Hawaiian, Hebrew, Hindi, Hungarian, Icelandic, Indonesian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Macedonian, Malay, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese (Portugal), Portuguese (Brazil), Romanian, Russian, Serbian (Cyrillic/Latin), Slovak, Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
- Siri language support for English (U.S., UK, Canada, Australia), Spanish (U.S., Mexico, Spain), French (France, Canada, Switzerland), German (Germany, Switzerland), Italian (Italy, Switzerland), Japanese, Korean, Mandarin (Mainland China, Taiwan), Cantonese (Hong Kong)
- VoiceOver screen reader
- Guided Access
- Support for playback of closed-captioned content
- AssistiveTouch interface for adaptive accessories
- Full-screen zoom magnification
- Large text
- Option to invert colors
- Left/right volume adjustment
- Enviromental Requirements
- Operating temperature: 32° to 95° F (0° to 35° C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4° to 113° F (-20° to 45° C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing
- Maximum operating altitude: 10,000 feet (3000
- Computer Requirements
- Apple ID (required for some features)
- Internet access6
- Syncing with iTunes on a Mac or PC requires:
- Mac: OS X v10.6.8 or later
- PC: Windows 7; Windows Vista; or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
What's in the Box
- iPad with Retina display
- Lightning to USB Cable
- USB Power Adapter
- Height: 9.50"
- Width: 7.31"
- Depth: 0.37"
- Unit: 1.44 lbs
- Shipping: 3 lbs
- Actual size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Cellular data plan is sold separately. The model you purchase is configured to work with a particular cellular network technology. Check with your carrier for compatibility and cellular data plan availability.
- FaceTime video calling requires a FaceTime-enabled device for the caller and recipient and a Wi-Fi connection. Availability over a cellular network depends on carrier policies; data charges may apply.
- Testing conducted by Apple in October 2012 using preproduction iPad (4th generation) units and software. Testing consisted of full battery discharge while performing each of the following tasks: video playback, audio playback, and Internet browsing using Wi-Fi or cellular data network. Video content was a repeated 2-hour 23-minute movie purchased from the iTunes Store. Audio content was a playlist of 358 unique songs, consisting of a combination of songs imported from CDs using iTunes (128-Kbps AAC encoding) and songs purchased from the iTunes Store (256-Kbps AAC encoding). Internet over Wi-Fi and cellular data network tests were conducted using dedicated web and mail servers, browsing snapshot versions of 20 popular web pages, and receiving mail once an hour. All settings were default except: Wi-Fi was associated with a network (except for Internet browsing over cellular data network); the Wi-Fi feature Ask to Join Networks and Auto-Brightness were turned off. Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and many other factors. Battery tests are conducted using specific iPad units; actual results may vary.
- Wireless broadband recommended; fees may apply.
© 2010 Apple Inc. All rights reserved. Apple and the Apple logo are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. iPad™ and Multi-Touch™ are trademarks of Apple Inc.