Polk Audio M20 Black Floorstanding Tower Speaker, Model M20BK
Here’s what you do with the awesome cool smooth operator the M20: You build a system with it. You’ll never get a better value. Use the M20 floorstanding speaker as your front stage left and right speakers. Use the stylish matching M10 bookshelf speakers as your rear surrounds; hang them on the walls astride your seating area. Slap down a timbre-matched CSR center channel speaker right under your screen, and BLAMMO! You have this awesome, "entry-level" high performance home theater system. Thrill to big audio effects, get more involved in your movies, TV and gaming, and really revel in great sound, knowing all the while you didn’t spend so much cabbage that your significant other is going to take the kids and go to her mother’s. Invite your MIL over for a chick flick. Make peace in the family. Only the M20 makes it possible!
The stylish M20 is the perfect value-minded introduction to dynamic full range floorstanding speaker sound. The silk dome tweeter & polymer composite driver components, in a wide-dispersion array, reveal lifelike sound: open, accessible, out-of-the-box sound, where every seat is in the “sweet spot.” A tuned front-firing bass port smooths blending, for serious low end with absolutely no performance-robbing resonances.
- Most other speakers in this price range are made of particle board. It’s flimsy, unstable, and doesn’t reproduce quality sound. R/T/M Series models are all constructed of extensively braced, heavy duty MDF. Quality construction eliminates internal resonances and energy-stealing vibrations, for more efficient operation. The slim tower design conserves floor space, occupying less than one square foot.
- Dynamic Balance® is our patented advanced analysis of a speaker’s entire electro-acoustic and mechanical system. It helps us select better materials and more efficient geometry. With deep analysis, we can pinpoint and eliminate things that reduce performance before they become a part of the finished product. The silk and polymer composite driver materials in the speakers of the R/T/M Series are specially tuned to produce a flat, uncolored frequency response. This true transparency reveals a wide dynamic range, with sharp details, and no hint of strain.
- Silk dome tweeters deliver clear and detailed highs, without fatigue, even at high volume. Compact, powerful neodymium magnet structures are the same components used in high end loudspeakers.
- Durable, efficient, and tuned with our Dynamic Balance process, our polymer composite cone material produces smooth, natural sound.
- Acoustically-inert stamped driver baskets are strong and vibration-free. Durable butyl rubber surrounds deliver a lifetime of high performance.
- R/T/M Series models all feature professionally designed, speaker-specific bass porting, for highly efficient deep bass response that adds thrilling realism to your sound.
- An "open architecture" design, and acoustically inert speaker grille, never gets in the way of your sound.
- Speakers in the R/T/M Series speakers are designed to be driven well by even the most modestly-powered amplifer or receiver. So you don’t have to be a techie, a power hog, or an audio pro to achieve great sound that’s spacious and clear, warm and realistic.
- The speakers in the R/T/M Series are timbre-matched to other Polk loudspeakers, so you can mix-and-match them to build or add to existing systems, and always experience seamless, realistic blending between speakers.
- Metal 5-way professional binding post connectors give you maximum signal transfer and the most secure connections.
- All models of the R/T/M Series are engineered to be safe when placed near sensitive AV equipment like monitors or TVs.
- Floorstanding R/T/M Series models feature interchangeable non-skid leveling feet or carpet spikes, for stability on any type of floor. More stability equals more efficiency, less energy wasted, and better performance.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
- 1 - 6 –1/2" Diameter (16.51cm)
- Dynamic Balance polymer composite cone, shielded
- 1 - 3/4" Diameter (1.91cm)
- Dynamic Balance silk/polymer composite dome, shielded
- Total Frequency Response: 45Hz - 24kHz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 20kHz
- Lower -3dB Limit: 55Hz
- Nominal Impedance: 8 ohm
- Efficiency: 89 dB
- Recommended Amplifier Power: 20-150 watts per channel
- Inputs: 5-way binding posts
- Height: 33–3/4"
- Width: 7–3/4"
- Depth: 9"
- Manufacturer's Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Years Parts & Labor