JL Audio 13.5" TW5v2 Series Thin Subwoofer Driver, Model 13TW5V22
This unique subwoofer driver is yet another example of JL Audio’s commitment to engineering innovation and proprietary technology. Patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 13TW5v2 using a “concentric tube” structure that supports the oversized voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placing the large motor structure much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs, while maintaining excellent linear excursion capability and mechanical stability.
In keeping with its “tight-spaces” mission, the 13TW5v2 is also optimized for enclosures that are far smaller than most 12-inch woofers require and only a bit larger than the air space needs of a typical small-box 10-inch woofer. We even designed the mounting system to allow it to fit in the same footprint as a standard 12-inch woofer.
- Our patented thin-line woofer technology compresses the architecture of the 13TW5v2 using a “concentric tube” structure that supports the 7-inch diameter voice coil and the suspension attachments. This permits placement of the large motor structure much further forward in the speaker than with conventional designs, while allowing excellent linear excursion capability and mechanical stability.
- To unleash even more performance from this technology, the v2 improves upon the original 13TW5 with 13% greater linear excursion capability. The cast alloy chassis has also been modified for greater strength and the redesigned motor now features an annular vent. The v2 is also available in single 2 ohm and single 4 ohm voice coil versions to fit a wide range of applications.
- In keeping with its “tight-spaces” mission, the 13TW5v2 is optimized for enclosures that are far smaller than most 12-inch woofers require and only a bit larger than the air space needs of a typical, small-box 10-inch woofer. The mounting system is designed to fit in about the same footprint as a typical 12-inch woofer.
- The 13TW5v2 is best used with amplifier power in the 250W - 600W range and is optimized to operate in a 0.80 cu. ft. (22.7 l) sealed enclosure
- Never has such high-quality sub-bass been possible in the most challenging installation applications.
- Continuous Power Handling (RMS) 600 W
- Recommended RMS Amplifier Power 250 - 600 W
- Nominal Impedance (Znom) 2 Ù
- Free Air Resonance (Fs) 25.95 Hz
- Electrical “Q” (Qes) 0.51
- Mechanical “Q” (Qms) 10.648
- Total Speaker “Q” (Qts) 0.479
- Equivalent Compliance (Vas) 2.26 cu ft / 64.00 L
- One-Way Linear Excursion (Xmax)* 0.433 in / 11 mm
- Reference Efficiency (no) 0.23%
- Efficiency (1 W / 1 m)** 85.51 dB SPL
- Effective Piston Area (Sd) 98.26 sq in / 0.0634 sq m
- DC Resistance (Re) 2.100 Ù
When installing a subwoofer in your vehicle, it is extremely important to secure the enclosure firmly. We recommend bolting the enclosure through the metal of the floorpan or the frame of the vehicle with large diameter washers for reinforcement. If an enclosure is not firmly attached, it can become a projectile in a collision. This is particularly important in a hatchback, station wagon, sports utility vehicle, or van.
- Nominal Diameter 13.5 in
- Overall Diameter
- Mounting Hole Diameter 12.5"
- Bolt Hole Circle 13.5"
- Magnet Diameter 6.75"
- Mounting Depth 2.63"
- Driver Displacement 0.052 cu ft
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Parts And Labor