Martin Logan Motion 15 Glossy Dark Cherry Bookshelf Speakers - MOTION15GDCL
Motion 15 extends the award-winning Motion® Series sound to a more traditional
bookshelf package, with luxurious high-gloss wood finishes and matching aesthetics
to the rest of the Motion floorstanding lineup.
The High-Performance Motion 15 bookshelf features an advanced resolution Folded
Motion™ tweeter, a low-distortion 5.25-inch high-excursion black-aluminum woofer,
and low-turbulence rear-firing bass port for extended bass performance, all
in a traditional bookshelf package.
MartinLogan’s signature perforated steel grille attaches magnetically to the
solidly constructed 3/4-inch thick MDF cabinets on the Motion 15. Hidden discretely
underneath the grille, the drivers are held securely in place by a solid, black-anodized
brushed aluminum baffle. Folded Motion tweeters and woofers are seamlessly blended
with an advanced topology crossover network featuring polypropylene and low-DF
electrolytic capacitors, custom wound inductors, and thermal and current protection.
The Motion 15 also features recessed custom 5-way binding posts for connection
- Minimalistic Design Featuring Luxurious Real-Wood Inspired by MartinLogan's
ultra-high-end electrostatic loudspeakers, the Motion® Series was created
to provide stunning sound for your ultimate-performance home theater or stereo.
MartinLogan's dedicated in-house engineers carefully crafted the Motion Series
to create an extremely affordable and compact product line that seamlessly
blends our exquisite Folded Motion™ transducers with powerful, compact bass
technology. The result is a smooth, refined sound with stunning dynamic range
and jaw-dropping clarity.
- Motion 15 speakers combine high-excursion, black aluminum cone woofers
and low-turbulence, rear-firing, bass ports, providing an extended, powerful
bass performance. Motion 15 speakers feature a single 5.25-inch driver.
In each, MartinLogan's Folded Motion tweeter creates clear, highly dynamic,
and precise sound. Premium, five-way binding posts assure a solid connection.
- High-Gloss Finishes The Motion 15 is available in three luxurious
high-gloss finishes; Piano Black, White or Black Cherrywood. The high-gloss
black cherrywood finish has deep cherry undertones and appears almost black
in low light, giving them a unique and understated elegance that blends into
- Frequency Response 60–25,000 Hz ± 3 dB
- Dispersion 80° x 80°
- High Frequency Driver 1” x 1.4” (2.6cm x 3.6cm) Folded Motion Transducer
with 5.25” x 1.75” (13.3cm x 4.4cm) diaphragm.
- Low Frequency Transducer 5.25” (13.3cm) aluminum cone with cast basket.Non-resonant
asymmetrical chamber format. Rigid structured dust cap to reduce cone break-up
- Sensitivity 92 dB @ 2.83 volts/meter
- Impedance 5 Ohms. Compatible with 4, 6 or 8 Ohm rated amplifiers.
- Recommended Amplifier Power 20–200 watts
- Crossover Frequency 2,700 Hz
- Cabinet Ported
- Components Custom air core coil and low DCR steel laminate inductors.
Polypropylene film capacitors in series and low DF electrolytic capacitors
in parallel. Overall system thermal/current protection.
- Inputs Custom 5-way binding posts
- Height: 11.4"
- Width: 9.5"
- Depth: 6.8"
- Unit: 10 lbs
- Shipping: 12 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 5 Year Limited Warranty