Kenwood In-Dash Single-DIN USB/CD Receiver, Model KDC255U
USB Connectivity for iPhone and iPod
Most USB-enabled CD receiver models, feature USB connectivity for audio playback from popular devices like iPhone and iPod. Featuring easy-to-use user interface, iPod browsing is a breeze when searching by playlist, artist, album, song, genres or composer. Additionally, you can use advanced search functions like Reverse Browsing, Alphabet Search and Skip Search to find what you want to listen to, quickly and easily. For added versatility, App/iPod Mode disables the receiver's integrated control, enabling passengers to control the iPod manually including some selected Apps. The same USB connectivity allows users to connect USB thumb drives and external hard disk drives.
Pandora Connectivity for iPhone
Install the Pandora App on the iPhone and enjoy a personalized listening experience. A number of Pandora functions can be controlled from a Pandora-enabled Kenwood receiver when an iPhone is connected through USB. Functions include Thumbs up & down, Bookmark Artist, Bookmark Song, A to Z search and Alphabetical channel search. Pandora allows users to maximize the internet radio experience in your car by customizing all of your favourite artists for a rich musical experience. Pandora application requires a data connection on your iPhone with service currently only available in the U.S. Kenwood Music Control for Android Smartphones - This Kenwood application organizes your music and provides quick and easy search capability from a compatible Kenwood USB/CD receiver such as by artist, song or genre. Additional function also lets you select music based on your mood.
Front USB and AUX Input
Easy front panel connection for your compatible USB-enabled devices. These include iPhone and iPod devices as well as compatible Mass Storage Class devices like smartphones, USB thumb drives and portable hard drives. This USB input will allow you to charge and control the music playback on your connected device. A convenient 3.5 mm stereo input jack is also available for any audio device with a headphone jack or other type of AUX output.
The bright 1-line display makes it easy to see the text information when navigating the menu, your iPod or music content.
Variable Color Illumination
This allows the user to match the Kenwood unit’s illumination with the vehicle dashboard lights from the wide pallet of available colors.
Single Pre-out with Low-Pass Filter
A low-pass filter allows the outgoing signal to a connected amplifier to filter out midrange and high frequencies. This is useful for amplifiers powering subwoofers as it keeps damaging mid and high frequencies from being amplified and passed through to a speaker designed to handle only low frequencies.
This wireless remote control easily control volume levels, switch music sources or select your favorite tracks with the numeric access keys.
- Display 13seg / 11digit FL
- iPod USB 1Wire Connection Yes
- Pandora App Control Yes (Requires iPhone with Pandora App)
- App Mode Yes (Requires Compatible iPhone/iPod App)
- iPod Control by Hand Yes
- Reverse Browsing Yes
- Skip Search Yes
- All Random Yes
- iPod EQ Mode (FLAT) Yes
- Supported File Formats WMA / MP3
- 24-Bit Digital-Analog Converter Yes
- 0-Bit Mute Circuit Yes
- Digital Filter(D/A) 8 Times OverSampling
- Frequency Response 20-20kHz(±1dB)
- Total Harmonic Distortion 0.01%(1kHz)
- Signal/Noise Ratio (dB) 105dB(1kHz)
- Dynamic Range 90dB
- MP3 Decode Compliant with MPEG-1/2 Audio Layer-3
- WMA Decode Compliant with Windows Media Audio
- AM/FM Yes
- Digital Tuner
- Digital FM
- Digital AM
- AUX Inputs Front AUX Input
- FM Frequency Range 87.9MHz - 107.9MHz
- FM Frequency Step (200kHz)
- FM Usable Sensitivity 11.2dBf
- FM Quiet Sensitivity 19.2dBf
- FM Frequency Response (±3.0dB) 30Hz-15kHz
- FM Signal/Noise 63dB(MONO)
- AM Frequency Range 530kHz-1700kHz
- AM Frequency Step (10kHz)
- AM Usable Sensitivity 31dBì (36ìv)
- USB I/F
- Compatibility USB 1.1 & 2.0 Full Speed
- File System FAT16/32
- Maximum Supply Current 1000mA
- Decode MP3/WMA
- Preout Level(mV)/Load - Unbalanced 2500mV/10kÙ(CD/CD-CH)
- Preout Impedance(Ù) Under 600Ù
- Speaker Impedance(Ù) 4-8Ù
- Operating Voltage 14.4V (11 - 16 V allowable)
- Maximum Current Consumption 10A
- Height: 2-1/16"
- Width: 7-3/16"
- Depth: 6-1/4"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts