Garmin GPSMAP Waterproof Hiking GPS Receiver, Model 0100086802
The Garmin GPSMAP 62ST Waterproof Handheld Navigator with 100K Topo Maps features a 3-axis tilt-compensated compass, a barometric altimeter, preloaded 100K topo maps and supports Custom Maps, BirdsEye Satellite imagery (subscription required) and photo navigation. Rugged and waterproof, this navigator employs a quad helix antenna for unparalleled reception, has a high-speed USB connection, a sleek new design and connects wirelessly to compatible Garmin handhelds. It comes with built-in U.S. 100k topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief — all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
- 2.6 in. transflective, 65-K color TFT display
- Built-in 100K topographic data for continental U.S.
- Barometric altimeter
- Electronic Tilt-compensated, 2-axis compass
- Waterproof (IPX7); 160 x 240 display resolution
- WAAS-enabled and HotFix satellite prediction
- 500MB internal memory; Up to 20 hours battery life
- High-Speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
- Basemap; 2000 waypoints; 200 routes; Track log: 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Accepts microSD card (not included)
Explore the Terrain
GPSMAP 62st comes with built-in U.S. 100k topographic data for the continental U.S. and a worldwide basemap with shaded relief — all the tools for serious climbing or hiking. Map detail includes national, state and local parks and forests, along with terrain contours, elevation information, trails, rivers, lakes and points of interest.
Get Your Bearings
GPSMAP 62st has a built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass, which shows your heading even when you’re standing still, without holding it level. Its barometric altimeter tracks changes in pressure to pinpoint your precise altitude, and you can even use it to plot barometric pressure over time, which can help you keep an eye on changing weather conditions.
With GPSMAP 62st you can share your waypoints, tracks, routes and geocaches wirelessly with other compatible Garmin device users. So now your friends can also enjoy your favorite hike or cache — simply press “send” to transfer your information to similar units, and let the games begin.
Keep Your Fix
With its quad helix antenna and high-sensitivity, WAAS-enabled GPS receiver and HotFix satellite prediction, GPSMAP 62st locates your position quickly and precisely and maintains its GPS location even in heavy cover and deep canyons. The advantage is clear — whether you’re in deep woods or just near tall buildings and trees, you can count on GPSMAP 62st to help you find your way when you need it the most.
Adding more maps is easy with Garmin's wide array of detailed topographic, marine and road maps. With its onboard memory, GPSMAP 62st lets you conveniently download 24K maps and hit the trail, plug in BlueChart g2 preloaded cards for a great day on the water or City Navigator NT map data for turn-by-turn routing on roads (see maps tab for compatible maps). GPSMAP 62st also supports BirdsEye Satellite Imagery (subscription required), that lets you download satellite images to your device and integrate them with your maps. In addition, the 62st is compatible with Custom Maps, free software that transforms paper and electronic maps into downloadable maps for your device.
You've been busy exploring and now you want to store and analyze your activities. With a simple connection to
your computer and to the Internet, you can get a detailed analysis of your activities and send tracks to your
outdoor device using Garmin Connect. This one-stop site offers an activity table and allows you to view your
activities on a map using Google Earth. Explore other routes uploaded by millions of Garmin Connect users and
share your experiences on Twitter and Facebook. Getting started is easy, so get out there, explore, and share.
GPSMAP 62st supports geocaching GPX files for downloading geocaches and details straight to your unit. By
going paperless, you're not only helping the environment but also improving efficiency. GPSMAP 62st stores and
displays key information, including location, terrain, difficulty, hints and descriptions, which means no more
manually entering coordinates and paper print outs! Simply upload the GPX file to your unit and start hunting for
caches. Slim and lightweight, 62st is the perfect companion for all your outdoor pursuits.
- Display size, WxH 1.6" x 2.2"; 2.6" diag
- Display resolution, WxH 160 x 240 pixels
- Display type Transflective, 65-K color TFT
- Battery 2 AA batteries (not included); NiMH or Lithium recommended
- Battery life 20 hours
- Waterproof yes (IPX7)
- Floats No
- High-sensitivity receiver Yes
- Interface High-speed USB and NMEA 0183 compatible
Maps & Memory
- Basemap Yes
- Ability to add maps Yes
- Built-in memory 500 MB RAM
- Accepts data cards microSD card (not included)
- Waypoints/favorites/locations 2000
- Routes 200
- Track log 10,000 points, 200 saved tracks
- Automatic routing (turn by turn routing on roads) Yes (with optional mapping for detailed roads)
- Electronic compass Yes (tilt-compensated, 3-axis)
- Touchscreen No
- Barometric altimeter Yes
- Camera No
- Geocaching-friendly Yes (paperless)
- Custom maps compatible Yes
- Photo navigation (navigate to geotagged photos) Yes
- Outdoor GPS games No
- Hunt/fish calendar Yes
- Sun and moon information Yes
- Tide tables Yes
- Area calculation Yes
- Custom POIs (ability to add additional points of interest) Yes
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units) Yes
- Picture viewer No
- Garmin Connect compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize and share data) Yes
In th Box
- GPSMAP 62st Portable Navigator
- Carabiner Clip
- USB Cable
- Quick Start Manual
- Height: 6.3"
- Width: 2.4"
- Depth: 1.6"
- Unit: 0.57 lbs
- Shipping: 1.4 lbs