Garmin Green Forerunner 10 GPS Running Watch - 0100103901 FORERUNNER10GN
One of the technical problems runners have always faced is how to accurately measure the distance of a run across a changing landscape. The Garmin Forerunner 10 GPS Watch uses satellite technology to constantly and precisely track your speed and distance both on-road and off.
Simple Display of Run Information
The Garmin Watch screen does away with excessive information, instead displaying only elapsed time and total distance on a simple, easy-to-read display. Both metrics are calculated with the precision only a Garmin GPS can offer.
Sometimes you need that extra little push to keep you going. Every time you achieve a new personal best, the Forerunner 10 will alert you and store it for future download. To maintain progress, the Virtual Pacer™ function allows you to set a target pace, and as the GPS watch tracks your speed, it will notify you if you fall behind your goal.
Easily Store and Share Route Statistics
After your run, transferring the recorded information is as easy as plugging a cable into your computer. The downloaded location stats can be viewed in map form, painting an exact picture of your route. Data can be further displayed in charts which chronicle average pace, distance or elevation. The best motivation is having someone to compete against, and with Garmin Connect you can upload and share all of your run info with your friends and running partners.
- Ready to Run
Forerunner 10 is so easy to use, you can start your run with the press of
1 button. As you run, you can see your time and distance clearly displayed
on 1 screen and calories and pace on another. You can also customize the settings
to show pace and distance on the same screen.
- It Fits
It’s our lightest, most comfortable watch yet and is available in sporty green,
pink, or black with red accents. The black and red model has a slightly larger
watch face and wider wristband. All models can be worn as a regular watch,
so your running partner is always on hand. For typical use (GPS on 30 minutes
per day), the battery life is 10 days. If used continuously with GPS on, the
battery life is 5 hours.
- Motivating Feedback
As you run, Forerunner 10 automatically alerts you when you complete each
mile, giving you a friendly beep and a screen that flashes your time for that
mile. When you complete your run and save it, you’ll see a summary of how
you did, including your total time, distance, average pace and calories. The
watch even lets you know when you achieve a personal record, like your fastest
mile or longest run to date.
- Training Tools
For runners who want a little more, Forerunner 10 has a couple of simple training
features like Virtual Pacer™, which compares your current running pace to
your target. It also has a run/walk feature that’s helpful if you’re just
starting out or your running plan includes walk breaks.
- Store and Share
With a simple connection to your Mac or PC, you can upload your runs to Garmin
Connect™ to see your run on a map, get more detail on each mile and share
it with friends — all for free. You’ll be even more motivated when you see
your miles add up in Garmin Connect and can go back and see how you’ve improved
from last week, last month or last year.
- Display resolution, WxH 55 x 32 pixels
- Battery rechargeable lithium-ion
- Battery life 5 weeks in power save mode; 5 hours in training mode
- Heart rate monitor: no
- Bike speed/cadence sensor: no
- Foot pod: no
- Automatic sync (automatically transfers data to your computer): no
- Garmin Connect™ compatible (online community where you analyze, categorize
and share data): yes
- Virtual Partner® (train against a digital person): no
- Virtual Racer™ (compete against other activities): no
- Courses (compete against previous activities): no
- Auto Pause® (pauses and resumes timer based on speed): yes
- Auto Lap® (automatically starts a new lap): yes
- Auto Scroll (cycles through data pages during workout): no
- Multi-sport (changes sport mode with a press of a button): no
- Advanced workouts (create custom, goal-oriented workouts): no
- Pace alert (triggers alarm if you vary from preset pace): no
- Time/distance alert (triggers alarm when you reach goal): no
- Vibration alert: (choose between alert tones and/or vibration alert):
- Interval training (set up exercise and rest intervals): no
- Heart rate-based calorie computation: no
- Swim metrics (stroke type, stroke count and pool lengths): no
- Training Effect (measures impact of an activity on your aerobic fitness):
- Customizable screen(s): yes
- Barometric altimeter: no
- Unit-to-unit transfer (shares data wirelessly with similar units): no
- Power meter compatible (displays power data from compatible 3rd party
ANT+™-enabled power meters): no
- Temperature (displays and records temperature while you ride): no
- Shock Resistant: yes Sport watch: yes
- Virtual Pacer™ (compares current running pace to target): Yes
- Personal Records: Yes
- Run/walk feature: Yes
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above