Sony Double DIN Bluetooth Receiver With App Remote Control, Model WXGT90BT
Being entertained on your commute doesn't mean you have to sacrifice on safety. With integrated Bluetooth technology, use the App Remote feature to easily control select smartphone apps8 or have incoming Android™ text messages read aloud. Display icons will even light up to indicate incoming text messages, signal strength and battery level of your connected smartphone. Stream Pandora internet radio from your smartphone4 , pop in a CD or using the USB 1-wire2 to connect with an iPod, Walkman or other compatible portable audio device. Trust the Advanced Sound Engine to make your favorite songs sound their best. Add intrigue to your interior by matching the illumination of the receiver to your dash with the Dynamic Color Illuminator or use the Sound Synchronization function to sync fun color changes to the beat.
- Integrated Bluetooth® technology with simple secure pairing
- App Remote and Pandora® internet radio control for Android™ and iPhone® smartphones
- Dynamic Color Illuminator™
- SiriusXM™ satellite radio ready
- Integrated Bluetooth® Technology9
Take calls and stream audio with the WX-GT90BT receiver’s Bluetooth® technology9. Connect to compatible devices and choose from hands free phone access, phonebook access, Pandora® internet radio control4 or streaming audio. Display icons light up to indicate incoming text messages, signal strength and battery level of your connected smartphone.
- Pandora® Internet Radio Control4
Pandora® is the leading internet radio service, giving people music they love anytime, anywhere, through personalized radio stations. The WX-GT90BT provides complete access to your Pandora account using your iPhone®, Android™ or Blackberry® smartphones4.
- Variable Color Illumination
Match your radio’s illumination with over 35,000 colors to complement your existing vehicle lighting components with the Dynamic Color IlluminatorTM. With selectable Sound Synchronization, the timing of the color change is synchronized with the audio source.
- Plays CDs and popular digital files1
Multi-format playback lets you play your MP3, WMA, or AAC songs1. Hear digital music files in their original vibrancy with DM+ (Digital Music Plus), a Sony® codec enhancer that reproduces detailed frequencies from compressed audio files.
- Powerful in-dash amplification
The internal Dynamic Reality Amp delivers 52 watts x 4 to your interior speakers, allowing you to crank up the volume while maintaining low distortion, low noise levels and smooth frequency response. Your music isn’t just louder, its clearer too.
- Convenient wireless remote included
Control your receiver with the included wireless card remote (RM-X231).
- Easily access select smartphone apps8
The exclusive App Remote feature combines music and select smartphone apps8 into a single source list that can be safely displayed & controlled directly from your receiver. App content is displayed on your smartphone while audio content plays through your speakers. App Remote can also read incoming Android™ text messages aloud through your speakers.
- Convenient fitment & front USB2
The large double DIN design and easy-to-read LCD display shows source information, clock, station ID and track data when playing back digital files from CD, streaming audio or external USB devices2. Front auxiliary input lets you connect almost any portable audio device to your car's sound system.
- SiriusXM™ Satellite radio ready5
The on-board SiriusXM™ connector5 simplifies satellite radio installation by eliminating compatibility issues and providing direct connection to the new platform of tuners.
- Custom sound settings with EQ7
The Advanced Sound Engine uses EQ7 equalizer, adjustable LPF/HPF crossovers, Listener Position calibration, DM+ advanced sound restoration, Rear Bass Enhancer, and Dynamic Loudness volume leveler to deliver an impressive listening experience.
- The immaculate reception
The Digital Clarity Tuner delivers industry leading signal to noise ratios, lower interference, better multipath rejection and better stereo separation. The RDS feature displays broadcast information when listening to compatible AM/FM stations.
- Steering wheel control ready input7
This receiver is compatible with aftermarket remote control adapters7 designed to utilize the vehicles existing, primary radio controls directly from the steering wheel. The 1/8” rear panel mounted remote input jack allows for simple connectivity.
- Versatile front USB 1-wire input cable2
Connect, control and charge your Walkman®, iPod®3, iPhone®3, Android™6, Blackberry®6, or other compatible USB device2 while accessing your digital music files using the front panels USB input. You can also view metadata like song title and artist on the front display.
- RCA outputs for system expansion
When you’re ready to expand your system, the WX-GT90BT delivers 2 volts to front, rear and subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs for external amplifiers. The adjustable subwoofer level control also lets you dial in the bass when you’re ready to pump it up.
- Intuitive music search features
Use Quick-BrowZer® to find music by artist, album, genre, song or playlist. Jump Mode allows you to fast forward through a category in 10% increments while the ZAPPIN® feature can play a 6, 9, or 30 second intro clip to help you find a specific song.
- Smooth playback transitions
Automatic Level Optimizer analyzes each tracks playback levels and adjusts output level to optimize transitions between tracks and sources.
- Hands Free with noise cancelling
The included hands-free microphone and integrated echo and noise canceling circuitry assure your conversations are clear.
iPod Direct Connectivity
- iPod Control Feature
- Accessory Information : Yes
- CODEC (for iPod) : Depend on iPod® content
- List Browsing (Folders / Files) : Quick-BrowZer®
- Pandora Link (USB) : Yes
- Passenger Control : Yes
- Pause : Yes
- Repeat : Track, Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast
- Resume Play : Yes
- Shuffle : Track, Album, Artist, Playlist, Genre, Podcast
- ZAPPIN : Yes
Bluetooth Feature & Device
- A2DP : Version 1.2
- AVRCP : Version 1.3
- HFP 1.5 : Yes
- PBAP : Yes
- SPP : Yes
- Other Features
- Device Name : Sony Automotive
- Network Carrier Information : Yes
- Pandora Link (BT) : Yes
- SMS Indication : Yes
- BT Spec.
- Secure Simple Pairing : Yes
- Version : Bluetooth Version 2.1
- Bluetooth Feature
- # of records connected : 9 (HFP+Audio)
- Call History (# of) : 20 numbers
- Call Volume Level Control : Yes
- Call history browse with PBAP : Yes
- Connection Status (maximum #) : (1 )HFP/PBAP+ (1) Audio
- Echo/Noise Canceller : Mode 1 or 2
- External microphone : Supplied
- Internal Ringtone : 1 (Sony Ericsson PCM)
- Last dialed call : Yes
- MIC GAIN Adjustment : Low/Mid/Hi
- Phonebook Access via PBAP : Yes
- RF ON/OFF : Yes
- ring alert select : Internal/Cellular
- ring volume level control : Yes
- speed dial : 6x1=6 memories
- Bluetooth Audio Feature
- Audio Codec : SBC/MP3
- Audio Level Adjustment : -8dB - +18dB
- CUE/REV : Yes
- Meta Data Indication : Yes
- PAUSE : Yes
- TRACK +/- : Yes
USB Feature & Device
- USB Mass Strage Device Control Feature
- CODEC (for USB) : MP3, WMA, AAC
- Jump Mode : Yes
- List Browsing (Folders/Files) : Yes
- Pause : Yes
- Repeat : OFF/ TRACK/ ALBUM
- Resume Play : Yes
- Shuffle : OFF/ALBUM/DEVICE
- ZAPPIN : Yes
- USB Mass Storage Device : Yes
- Ant connector : JASO
- Connector type : 16 Pin wiring harness
- Cover for USB terminal : Yes
- Warranty card : Yes
- Instruction Manual Language
- English : Yes
- French : Yes
Feature & Device
- Tuner Feature
- Preset : FM18/AM12
- RDS/EON (NA Only:RBDS, Others:RDS) : RBDS
- Other Features
- CD lock mode : Yes
- Card Remote ( ): Option : RM-X231
- Clock : 12H
- Rotary commander ( ):Option : Optional wired remote input
- AUX in Feature
- Level Adjustment : -8dB - +18dB
- Panel Design
- Display Device (LCD/FL/OEL/TFT) : LCD
- Display color (Color Variation/Nega or Posi) : Black color/Negative
- Key Illumination : Variable
- USB Shutter : Yes
- Amp & General Feature
- Automatic Level Optimizer : Yes
- Aux-In : Front
- DM+ (Codec enhancer) : Yes (Gen2.1)
- EQ : EQ7: 7 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 63 Hz, 160 Hz, 400 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz and 16 kHz.
- High Pass Filter : Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Loudness : Dynamic
- Low Pass Filter : Selectable on/off at: 50, 60, 80, 100 or 120 Hz.
- Output Power (4ohm, 1kHz,16V)(W) : 52 watts x 4
- Pre Out : (3) Front, Rear and Sub
- Rear Bass Enhancer : Yes
- Sirius/XM Connector : Yes
- Sub Out : Yes
- Subwoofer Direct Connection : Yes
- Time Alignment Custom : Adjustment
- Time Alignment Preset : Yes
- USB : Front
- Display Panel
- Auto off mode : Yes
- Dimmer Adjust : Auto
- Key Illumination Initial : Variable
- CEA2006 S/N : 80
- CEA2006 output power : 17
- Maximum output power (4ohm, 1kHz, 16V)(W) : 52
- Preout impedance (ohms) : 220
- Preout output level (V) : 2
- FM: Channel separation (dB) : 50 dB at 1 kHz
- FM: Frequency response (Hz) : 20 - 15k
- FM: Intermediate frequency (MHz) : 25KHz
- FM: S/N ratio (mono) (dB) : 80 dB stereo
- FM: Selectivity (400 kHz) (dB) : 75 dB
- FM: Tuning range (MHz) : 87.5-107.9
- FM: Usable sensitivity (75 ohm) (dBf) : 8 dBf
- MW/LW/SW: Sensitivity (75 ohm)
- MW/LW/SW(uV) : 26/-/-
- MW: Tuning range(kHz) : 530-1710
- Amplifier Section
- Max power output : 52 watts x 4 at 4 ohms
- Power Ad Hoc : CEA2006 Standard Power: 17 Watts RMS per channel into 4 Ohms, 4 channels driven from 20 Hz to 20 kHz with less than 1% THD+N.
- Speaker Impedance : 4-8 Ohms
- Tilt Range : 0-45° mounting angle
- Inputs and Outputs
- 12V Trigger Output(s) : Power remote on
- Antenna Terminal(s) : AM/FM Antenna Input Terminal
- Audio In : Front Aux in with variable level Front USB input SiriusXM™ connector
- Digital Audio Input(s) : Ability to use all forms of USB devices may vary as not all devices are compatible. This unit is compliant with MSC (Mass Storage Class) and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) type USB devices compliant with the USB standard. This unit cannot recognize USB devices via a USB hub.
- This unit can be connected to the following iPods. Update your iPod to the latest software before you use it.
- iPod Nano 1st - 6th generation
- iPod Touch 1st - 4th generation
- iPod Classic
- iPod with video
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS
- iPhone 4
- iPhone 4S
- If you have any questions or problems concerning your unit that are not covered in the owners manual, consult your nearest Sony dealer.
- Infrared Port : Wireless remote
- RCA Audio Output(s) : Front, Rear, and Subwoofer RCA pre-amp outputs
- Remote Jack : Optional wired remote terminal
- USB Port(s) : Front
- Wireless Connectivity
- Compatible Bluetooth® Profiles :
- A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile)1.2
- AVRCP (Audio Video Remote Control Profile)1.3
- HFP (Handsfree Profile)1.5
- PBAP (Phone Book Access Profile)
- Frequency Band : 2.4 GHz band (2.400 - 2.4835 GHz)
- Maximum Range : Line of sight approx. 10M (33ft)
- Modulation Method : FHSS
- Output : Bluetooth Standard Power Class2 (Max. +4 dBm)
- Wireless Connectivity : Bluetooth Standard version 2.1 + EDR
- Band : AM / FM
- Equalizer : EQ7: 7 band EQ with +/- 6 dB adjustment at 63 Hz, 160 Hz, 400 Hz, 1000 Hz, 2.5 kHz, 6.3 kHz and 16 kHz.
- Format(s) Supported : MP3/WMA/AAC files1
- Preout Impedance : 220 ohms
- Preout Voltage : 2 volt
- S/N Ratio : Audio Power: CEA2006 S/N 80 dBA
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio (dB) : CD: 120 dB
- Station Preset(s) : 18 FM / 12 AM
- Tuner Frequency Range :
- FM (MHz): 87.5-107.9
- AM (kHz): 530-1710
- Tuner Type : Digital clarity tuner with RDS
- Wow and Flutter : Below measurable limit
- Convenience Features
- Dimmer Adjust : Selectable Auto adjust or manual on/off
- Key Illumination : Variable color illumination
- On-Screen Clock : 12H
- FM Usable Sensitivity : 8 dBf
- Frequency Response : FM: 20-15,000 Hz
- S/N Ratio : 80 dB (stereo)
- Selectivity : 75 dB at 400 kHz
- Stereo Separation : 50 dB at 1 KHz
- Display Color : Black / Variable Color
- Display Technology : LCD
- Text Displayed : Source, artist, track, playback time, menu, clock, Pandora® and Bluetooth® data
- Text Lines : 1 line of information
- In the Box
- Parts for installation and connections (1 set)
- RM-X231 wireless remote
- Height: 4"
- Width: 7.13"
- Depth: 7.13"
- Unit: 3.08 lbs
- Shipping: 5 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Limited Warranty
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details
1. Not all files may playback due to file variations. Copyright protected ACC-LC files not supported.
2. Not all USB devices are compatible. Consult www.esupport.sony.com for complete details.
3. Works with iPod touch® (1st – 4th generations), iPod nano® (1st– 6th generations), iPod classic®, iPod with video and iPhone, 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S.
4. Works with iPhone® 3G, 3GS, 4 and 4S via USB port, and compatible Blackberry® and Android™ based smartphones via Bluetooth®. For complete compatibility details, please visit: www.support.sony.com.
5. Requires tuner and subscription, sold separately.
6. Compatible with Android™ or Blackberry® smartphones supporting Mass Storage Class (MSC) devices, users required to manually select MSC/USB connection in smartphone menu for proper functionality.
7. Compatibility varies as not all vehicles are compatible; please consult with each interface manufacturer for details.
8. Requires download of free Sony App Remote app for iPhone® from the App Store or for Android™ from Google Play. Users must link compatible apps to the App Remote application on their phone in order to play the audio signal on the Sony receiver.
9. Interoperability and compatibility among Bluetooth® devices vary. For complete compatibility details, please visit: www.support.sony.com. © 2013 Sony Electronics Inc. All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or in part without written permission is prohibited. Sony, ZAPPIN, Walkman, Quick-BrowZer, Dynamic Color Illuminator and their respective logos are trademarks of Sony. iPod, iPod classic, iPod nano, iPod mini, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc. PANDORA, the PANDORA logo, and the Pandora trade dress are trademarks or registered trademarks of Pandora Media, Inc., used with permission. Android and the Android logo are trademarks of Google Inc. All other trademarks are trademarks of their respective owners. Third party features are subject to change or termination without notice. Subscription, fee and/or PC registration may be required. Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.