Sony R450 Series 40" LED HDTV, Model KDL40R450A
The Sony KDL40R450A introduces a new standard in LED TVs. This beautiful HDTV features a slim design that looks sharp in your room. As you kick back and watch your favorite movies or sports, you'll immediately notice the crystal clear 1080p details. With 40 inches of screen space, this bright flat screen TV will quickly become your favorite part of coming home.
Part of Sony's R450 Series, this state-of-the-art LED TV also has a crisp sound system. The full range speakers help you get lost in the movie, complementing the life-like details of the 1080p screen.
When people look to buy TV screens, they look for something that goes above and beyond HDTV. The KDL40R450A is a Smart TV that has many features you've never dreamed possible. Turn this television into a giant photo frame by connecting your Smartphone, digital camera or thumb drive. Cloud technology and the ability to log onto your Wi-Fi makes streaming movies, shows and games easy. Apps can be downloaded as well, giving you a custom feel for your entertainment system.
Three HD inputs allow you to hook up your other electronics or a computer to your set and play files on the Smart TV's internal media player. Compatible with gaming consoles, DVD and Blu-ray players, this sleek TV can do almost anything!
This flat screen TV is the perfect addition to any home cinema. With the ability to do everything you would expect, the KDL40R450A is only limited by your imagination. The next time you buy TV, remember the R450 Series for quality picture, sound and more.
- Silky smooth.
Recreate the movement of real life. Sprinters accelerate clearly with less
blur, so watching from home feels like you're watching from the stands. By
minimizing judder, Motionflow™ XR 120 technology helps fast-paced action look
natural for a more authentic view of the game.
- Bright and slim
Powerful yet thin LEDs deliver a brighter picture than conventional LCD backlighting.
They also help achieve a slimmer TV design that looks beautiful in your home.
What's more, Sony's Direct LED Backlight technology delivers outstanding contrast,
rich colors and enhanced dark-scene detail.
- Photos on the big screen
Turn your TV into a super-size digital photo frame. Connect a digital camera,
USB thumb drive or cloud photo services. Then enjoy your photo collection
with a choice of attractive slideshow, clock and calendar display modes. You
can also add FM tunes to your photo slideshow.
- Onboard manual.
You will never lose your TV manual again. The iManual is available through
the menu system on the TV – always there if you need it.
- Clearly different.
Fine details and textures appear in whatever you're watching, even in flat
areas. Powered by Sony's advanced noise reduction algorithm, this technology
boosts image clarity with heightened contrast and depth that you won't find
on most televisions.
- USB input for your camera and more.
Share your vacation photos instantly on the big screen or listen to your favorite
music. Simply connect your compatible digital camera, USB-enabled MP3 player
or USB storage device directly to your HDTV's USB input. It's a fast and simple
way to relive the memories without a hassle. Even choose between slideshow,
clock and calendar viewing modes.
- Full HD 1080p.
Nothing expresses crystal-clear detail like Full HD 1080p picture quality.
Take advantage of the all-out HD glory of broadcast TV, satellite and other
HD sources like your Blu-ray Disc™ player or PlayStation®3 entertainment system.
- 3 HD inputs.
Plug into the action with versatile HD connection options. Three HD inputs
include two HDMI® inputs for sources like your HD cable box, home theater
system, Blu-ray Disc™ player or PS3™ system, and one HD component input 2
- Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your
TV. With the smartphone ready R450, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment
you already own. Using a Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect
your smartphone to the TV to literally "mirror" what's seen on the smartphone
screen. Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV
screen. You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it's charging
from the TV.1
- Audio Power Output : 8W + 8W
- Speaker Configuration : Full Range (40x100mm) x2
- Speaker Position : Bottom
- Alternate Audio (Digital) : Yes
- Audio Out : Variable/Fixed
- Auto Mute (on no signal) : Yes
- Dolby® : Dolby Digital
- Invisible Speaker : Yes
- Simulated Stereo : Yes
- Sound Booster : Yes
- Sound Mode : Standard ; Music ; Cinema ; Game ; Sports
- SteadySound® Automatic Volume Control : Yes
- Stereo System : MTS(AUTO SAP)
- BRAVIA® Sync™ : Yes
- Channel Jump : Yes
- Channel Surf : Yes
- Edit Channel Labels : Yes
- Favorites (Simple UI) : Yes
- Info Banner : Yes
- Input Skip : Yes
- Label Inputs : Yes
- Multiple Language Display : English/ Spanish/ French
- On-Screen Clock : Yes
- On-Screen Display for External Input : Yes
- On/Off Timer : Yes
- Parental Control : Yes
- Photo Frame Mode : Yes
- Scene Select : Music ; Cinema ; Game ; Graphics ; Sports
- Show/Hide Channels : Yes
- Sleep Timer : Yes
- Twin Picture : PIP&PAP(Fixed)
- USB Play : Yes
- USB Play (Contents) : MPEG1/ MPEG2TS/ MPEG2PS/ MP3/ Jpeg
- USB Super Multi-Format Play : Yes
- Aspect Ratio : 16:9
- Display Resolution : Full HD
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio : over 1 million
- Screen Size (cm) : 101.6(cm)
- Screen Size (measured diagonally) : 40"(40.0")
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left) : 178(89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down) : 178(89/89)
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Stand Design : Square / Glossy Black
- Backlight Off Mode : Yes
- Dynamic Backlight Control : Yes
- Energy Star® compliant : Yes, V5.3 & V6
- Power Consumption (On Mode) for Energy Star : 53.9 W
- Power Consumption (Standby Mode) for Energy Star : 0.13 W
- Audio Return Channel : Yes
- Closed Captions (CC) : Analog; Digital
- Demo Mode : Yes
- Finish (Surface Color) : Black
- Hotel Mode Menu : Yes
- Start Up Sony Logo Display : Yes
- Backlight Type : Direct LED
- Display Device : LCD
Inputs and Outputs
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max. : 89 (W)
- Power Consumption (in Standby) : Less than 0.2 W with 120V AC,less
than 0.3 W with 240V
- Power Requirements (frequency) : 50/60Hz
- Power Requirements (voltage) : AC110 ~ 240V
Regulation and Standards Compliance
- AC Power Input : 1 (REAR)
- Analog Audio Input(s) (Total) : 1 (Rear)
- Audio Out : 1 (Rear)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s) : 1 (Rear Hybrid w/Component)
- Composite Video Input(s) : 1 (Rear Hybrid w/Component)
- Digital Audio Output(s) : 1 (Rear)
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total) : 2 (1Rear,1Side)
- HDMI™ PC Input : Yes
- MHL : Yes
- RF Connection Input(s) : 1 (REAR)
- USB 2.0 : 1 (Side)
- VESA® Hole Spacing Compatible : Yes
- LightSensor™ Technology : Yes
- Channel Coverage (Analog) : VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Cable) : CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial) : VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69
- Color System : NTSC 3.58
- Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable) : 1(Digital/Analog)
- TV System (Analog) : M
- TV System (Digital Cable) : Clear QAM
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial) : ATSC
- Video Signal : 1080/24p (HDMI™ only); 1080/60i; 1080/60p (HDMI™
/ Component); 480/60i; 480/60p; 720/60p
Recycled & Recyclable Materials
- 24p True Cinema™ Technology : Yes
- 3D Comb Filter : Yes
- 4:3 Default : Yes
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE) : Yes
- Auto Wide : Yes
- CineMotion® Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology : Yes
- Clear Resolution Enhancer : Yes
- Digital Noise Reduction : Yes
- Intelligent Picture Plus with Signal Booster : Yes
- LED Motion Mode : Yes
- Live Color™ Technology : Yes
- MPEG Noise Reduction : Yes
- Motionflow™ Technology : Motionflow XR 120
- Picture Mode : Vivid ; Standard ; Custom ; Cinema ; Graphics
- Wide Mode : Full ; Normal ; Wide Zoom ; Zoom ; Normal/Full1/Full2
- Packaging Materials : Recycled Carton (more than 70%)
- Height: 21-5/8"
- Width: 36-3/8"
- Depth: 3"
- Height: 22-3/8"
- Width: 36-3/8"
- Depth: 7-1/4"
- Unit: 16.3 lbs
- Shipping: 22.1 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above
1. Requires Mobile High Definition Link-compatible smartphone to be connected
to the TV with a Mobile High Definition Link cable, sold separately.
2. Cables sold separately.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice