SONOS Home Theater Sound Bar Speaker - PLAYBAR
The SONOS PLAYBAR Home Theater Sound Bar adds premium audio to your flat screen TV in a sleek, easy to hook-up package. You no longer need a complicated home theater system, with multiple speakers and hundreds of feet of cable, just to enjoy theater-quality sound in your home. Instead, the PLAYBAR connects to your TV with a single optical cable, playing audio from any source also connected to the TV.
Hidden behind the unassuming black grill are six mid-range speakers and three tweeters, each powered by an individual Class-D digital amplifier. Combined with sophisticated signal processing, the result is a range of crystal-clear audio which replicates the enveloping effect of a traditional surround sound home theater system. If you need additional bass, the SONOS PLAYBAR can wirelessly sync with the heavy-hitting SONOS Sub.
Simply being the best TV Sound Bar wasn't enough for SONOS, the leader in wireless music streaming technology. They went one step further by also making the PLAYBAR a standalone music streaming device. Tune into your favorite channels on services like Pandora or Slacker Radio, with the available Android and iPhone apps, or stream songs stored on your NAS to the PLAYBAR. The SONOS player works seamlessly with dozens of music services and can sync with up to 16 computers or NAS devices, providing you with nearly endless listening choices.
- Complements HD television screens with richly textured HiFi sound.
- Wirelessly streams all the music on earth.
- Simple to set up, control and expand. Requires just two cords: one power cord, one optical cord (both included). Syncs with other SONOS speakers wirelessly.
- Understands and speaks most IR remote's language and can be controlled by free apps for your Android®, iPhone® or iPad®.
- Plays all sources plugged in to your HDTV: cable/SAT boxes, Blu-Ray players, and video game consoles. If it's connected to your HD TV, PLAYBAR will play it.
PLAYBAR requires an optical connection, which is standard on most current Televisions. If you are unsure if your television is compatibility, please contact an Abt specialist to discuss your current make/model.
- HiDef, meet HiFi
- HiFi Sound For Your Television
PLAYBAR's nine-speaker design floods your home with huge waves of
epic, full-theater sound for TV, Web, Movies and Video Games
- All The Music On Earth
PLAYBAR is also a stand-alone all-in-one SONOS player that allows you
to wirelessly stream all the music on earth—your iTunes library,
your favorite music services, and thousands of Internet radio stations,
shows and podcasts
- Easy Setup
PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and power cord
and plays everything that is connected to your TV, from cable boxes to
No rewiring required. Connect PLAYBAR to your home WiFi network using the free SONOS Controller App.
- Flexible Design
PLAYBAR can sit above or beneath your TV on a table or a console, or mounted
horizontally against a wall
- Universal Audio
PLAYBAR speaks DOLBY DIGITAL and stereo, so you never miss a moment of
- Easily Create A 3.1 Home Theater
Pair PLAYBAR with SUB
- Easily Create A 5.1 Home Theater
Pair PLAYBAR with SUB and a stereo pair of PLAY:3s
- Access all the music on Earth
- Pre-loaded Internet radio stations — free of charge
Get over 100,000 free radio stations, shows, and podcasts -- all for free.
And you can tune in without turning on your computer. Browse for stations
or type in specific call letters or a radio host you love
- Endless music from the most popular online music services
SONOS works seamlessly with Amazon Music, Deezer, iHeartRadio, JB Hi-Fi NOW, JUKE, Pandora®, Rdio®, Rhapsody®, SiriusXM™, Slacker® Radio, Songza, Spotify®, Stitcher SmartRadio™, Radio by TuneIn, Concert Vault, WiMP, and downloads from any service offering DRM-free tracks. (Service availability varies by region.)
- Computer-free music playback
Get instant access to millions of songs and thousands of radio stations
— without ripping, downloading or turning on a computer. SONOS connects
directly to these services over the Internet and then streams the music
to the rooms of your choice
- Play the music on your computer in any room
Play music stored on up to 16 PCs, Macs or NAS (Network Attached Storage)
devices on your home network, supporting the most popular audio formats,
from iTunes® to MP3
- Control your SONOS music system with your smartphone, tablet and more
- Control all your music and rooms with your Android™ device,
iPhone®, iPod touch®, and iPad™
Free SONOS Controller apps for Android, iPhone and iPad let you control your SONOS players, music on the Internet and your computer right from the palm of your hand. Download the apps for free on the iTunes App Store or Google Play™.
- Integrated, multi-room control
If you have multiple music players, you can control what music is playing
in every room in your house, from anywhere in your house. SONOS Controllers
aren't tied to a specific player, so you can use any Controller to
control the music and the volume in all your rooms
- Find and play your favorite songs in an instant
Browse or search for songs and stations, choose the music, and control
the volume from anywhere in the home
- Wireless connectivity
Android devices, iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad connect to your SONOS system
through your home WiFi network
- Includes SONOS Controller for Mac or PC
Turn any Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer in your home into a Controller.
The software is included for free with every SONOS component
- Simple setup and expandable design
- Expandable wireless system
Expand your music system room by room — without adding wires. Add
new SONOS components with the press of a single button
- Automatic software updates
- New features and music services delivered automatically — and
The SONOS system keeps getting better over time with new features and
music services. Once the SONOS music system has been registered, SONOS
will automatically notify you when software updates are available. Simply
press one button and your system updates itself
- Amplifier: Nine Class-D digital amplifiers perfectly tuned to match
the speakers and acoustic architecture
- Speakers: Not louder. Clearer. With nine amplified speakers—six
mid-range and three tweeters—PLAYBAR replaces the steady drip of your
TV's built-in speakers with deep booms, crystal-clear whispers, and huge
waves of live concert sound. And with automatic equalization, the system self-adjusts
for rich, seamless performance
- 3.0 Home Theater: PLAYBAR's nine-speaker design plunges you
into the cinematic action, with huge waves of sound that raise goose bumps
while capturing every whisper and footfall. The player connects to your TV
with a single cable and plays all sources, including satellite boxes and game
- 3.1 Home Theater: Pair PLAYBAR with SUB, and with the push of a button
you can add spine-curling bass to your cinematic experience-wirelessly
- 5.1 Home Theater: Add PLAY:3 speakers to your PLAYBAR and SUB for
a true surround sound experience that plunges you deeply into the cinematic
and gaming action on your screen. Sleek and understated with wireless control,
this deeply immersive home theater experience wraps you in crystal-clear,
state-of-the-art SONOS sound
- System Requirements: TV with optical audio output. Broadband Internet.
One SONOS component wired to router. SONOS Controller App
- Operating systems (for stored files): Windows® XP SP3 and higher; Mac running OS X 10.6.8 or greater; NAS (Network Attached Storage) devices supporting CIFS
- Music services supported: SONOS works seamlessly with most music services, including Pandora, Spotify, Deezer and Soundcloud. For a complete list see http://www.sonos.com/music.
- Internet radio supported: Streaming MP3, WMA
- Audio formats supported: Support for compressed MP3, iTunes Plus,
WMA (including purchased Windows Media downloads), AAC (MPEG4), AAC+, Ogg
Vorbis, Audible (format 4), Apple Lossless, Flac (lossless) music files, as
well as uncompressed WAV and AIFF files. Native support for 44.1kHz sample rates. Additional support for 48kHz, 32kHz,
24kHz, 22kHz, 16kHz, 11kHz, and 8kHz sample rates
- Note: Apple "Fairplay", WMA DRM and WMA Lossless formats
not currently supported. Previously purchased Apple "Fairplay"
DRM-protected songs may be upgraded
- Album art supported: JPEG, PNG, BMP, GIF
- Playback modes: Crossfade, shuffle, repeat
- Playlists supported: iTunes®, Rhapsody, WinAmp®, Windows
Media Player®, and MusicMatch™ (.m3u, .pls, .wpl)
- Wireless connectivity: Works on your home WiFi network with any 802.11b/g, 2.4GHz broadcast capable router.
Also works on SonosNet, a secure AES encrypted, peer-to-peer wireless mesh network dedicated exclusively for your SONOS system to reduce WiFi interference
- SonosNet Extender: Functions to extend and enhance the power of SonosNet
- Ethernet port: A single Ethernet port can connect PLAYBAR to a wired home network. A second Ethernet port can be used to share the network connection with other devices in your network.
- Power Supply: AC 100-240V, 50-60 Hz
- Side Panel Button: Volume up, volume down and mute
- Side Panel LEDs: Indicate PLAYBAR status
- Operating temperature: 32°F to 104°F (0°C to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: 4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
- Package contents: PLAYBAR, AC power cord, optical audio cable, warranty
and regulatory booklet, and Quickstart Guide
- Multi-language support: SONOS System Software supports : Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Swedish and Brazilian Portuguese.
- Control: Control PLAYBAR volume and mute using your existing TV,
cable or universal remote. Or download the free SONOS app to control PLAYBAR
from your, smartphone, tablet, PC or Mac computer
- Supported Devices
- PLAYBAR works with all amplified and non-amplified SONOS products
- PLAYBAR connects to your TV using a single optical cable and plays all
sources connected to the TV, including cable boxes and game consoles
- Height: 3.35"
- Width: 35.43"
- Depth: 5.51"
- Unit: 11.9 lbs
- Shipping: 15 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): One Year Parts