Panasonic Lumix TS5 Blue 16.1 Megapixel Digital Camera, Model DMCTS5A
The rugged, waterproof and WiFi-enabled LUMIX TS5 compact adventure camera
delivers go-anywhere flexibility with state-of-the-art imaging performance.
Unwire your creativity with WiFi technology that allows you to share your pictures
instantly from your smartphone. The LUMIX TS5 is the ultimate tough camera,
so no matter where you find yourself... diving with sea life, hanging from a
mountain, or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market... you will take
the best shot possible without worrying about your camera. Waterproof to 43
feet, shockproof from 6.5 feet, freezeproof from 14 degrees Fahrenheit, and
pressure resistant to 220 lbs, the LUMIX TS5 really is the tough-man of the
compact camera market.
- Control It and Share Instantly From Your Smartphone Tough & WiFi
The advanced WiFi functions of the LUMIX TS5 give you the ability to control,
save and share your images easily.
- One Touch Connection
Get connected with NFC (Near Field Communication) and you can easily change
your smartphone or tablet into a remote control for your LUMIX camera by simply
touching the camera and the smartphone or tablet together.
- Remote Shooting
You'll have the ultimate wireless control with the Panasonic Image App. You
can use your smartphone or tablet to control the camera's zoom, set the focus,
and shoot from a distance.
- Video Recording
Getting yourself in the photo has never been easier with remote shooting and
now you can even get into the video action too. The TS5 will start and stop
video recording from your smartphone or tablet allowing you to reach new heights
in your creativity.
- Remote View
Once you've captured your photos and videos remotely, don't worry about running
back to the camera to see if you got the shot. You can view images and play
back videos right from your smartphone to ensure you got it. You're free to
continue shooting right at the spot without moving back to the camera to reset
it like you would have to do with the self-timer function.
- Touch and Share
Sharing images has never been easier. Simply touch your camera to your friend's
smartphone or tablet and an image will be transferred.*
* In 1-thumbnail playback mode.
- Panasonic Image App Easy Share
The power of sharing and convenience is in your hands with the free Panasonic
Image App for iOS/Android smartphones/tablets. You can instantly upload and
share your images on a SNS (Social Networking Service) with the app.
- Instant Transfer
Set up your camera to instantly transfer the photos you shoot to your device.
Just start shooting and the camera will do the rest for you.
- Wireless TV playback
Sharing your pictures on your large screen TV has never been easier with the
WiFi Direct™ function. You can display images on a TV that supports the
Digital Media Renderer (DMR) function of the DLNA standard (Digital Living
Network Alliance) like the Panasonic VIERA HDTV.
- Instant Creativity With Built-In Creative Effects Creative Control/Creative
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling
your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode)
and the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take
simple or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo.
Simply set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets
to optimize the camera settings resulting in photos you'll be proud of.
- Creative Control for Video
The Creative Control feature for video matches the colors to your subject
and surroundings. In Miniature Effect Mode, the video you record is played
back 10x faster making it more comical and fun to watch*.
* Sound will not be recorded with Miniature Effect in Creative Control Mode
and approximately 1/10 of the time period is recorded.
(If you record for 10 minutes, the resulting motion picture recording will
be approximately 1 minute long.)
- Advanced Underwater Mode
The Red Color Reproduction of Advanced Underwater Mode compensates for the
color red that is easily lost in underwater photography. This creates underwater
pictures that look more natural. Other modes that deliver incredible results
are Sports, Snow, and Beach & Snorkeling. They can all be selected from
the menu quickly and easily.
- Creative Panorama
Panasonic has developed the industry's first Creative Panorama functions.
Discover 12 filter effects that will take your panorama images to the next
level with creative and dramatic results.
- Manual Exposure
For those looking to take on more creative control, the DMC-TS5 has easy-to-use
manual controls. You can set the aperture to control the depth of field, and
adjust the shutter speed to freeze moving subjects or create a motion blur
that exaggerates the feeling of movement.
- iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you
free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot.
The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos
* The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
- Intelligent HDR
You will be delighted by the creative possibilities that Intelligent HDR (High
Dynamic Range) delivers. Shoot several still pictures consecutively at different
exposure levels that are then overlaid to produce a single composite picture
without whiteout (over-exposure) or blackout (under-exposure). The results
- Intelligent Night Shot
Bright, glamorous night scenery can be recorded without using a tripod when
you use the Intelligent Handheld Night Shot. It generates a beautiful night
scene with illumination by layering multiple pictures shot consecutively for
one outstanding night photo.
- Capture Stills or Full HD Video In and Out of the Water 1920 x 1080 60p
Full HD Video Recording
Reach new heights in speed and creative possibilities with your videos. Capture
all the action while recording full HD 1,920 x 1,080 videos in AVCHD Progressive
(MPEG-4 / H.264) format. Featuring 60p (NTSC) full HD recording capability,
subjects with fast motion or fine details will be reproduced clearly.
- Motion Picture Button
Video recording can be easily started with the press of the Motion Picture
Button making it convenient for switching between photo and video shooting
- MP4 Format Recording
If you want to edit your videos on a computer or upload them to a website,
the DMC-TS5 can record full HD 1,920 x 1,080 30p (NTSC) videos in MP4 format.
- 4.6x Optical Zoom during Video Recording
The powerful 4.6x optical zoom is available in video recording to capture
subjects in the distance and bring you closer to the action.
- Twice the Information of Interlace Recording
1080/60p / 1080/50p (progressive) conveys about twice the information of 1080i
(interlace) recording. It creates intricate detail and silky smooth motion.
Even when subjects move quickly, afterimages are minimized to create more
- Progressive Scanning
Reproduces all image data in a single picture.
- Stereo Microphone
Panasonic has incorporated a stereo zoom microphone resulting in videos with
the high-quality stereo sound of Dolby® Digital. This delivers realistic
sound to your videos. Mechanical noise caused by the camera's zooming operation
is suppressed to improve the clearness, and the Auto Wind Cut function blocks
out most noise from background wind making the voices you are recording stand
- Tough, Smart Travel Companion Ultimate Toughness
In addition to being waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freezeproof, the
durable DMC-TS5 also boasts pressure resistance. Take this camera with you
on all of your photographic journeys. From fishing or camping in the springtime,
diving, snorkeling, surfing in the summer, mountain climbing in autumn, or
skiing and snowboarding in winter, the DMC-TS5 is an all-year-round camera
that records stunning memories in beautiful photos and videos.
- Pressure Resistance
The DMC-TS5 features pressure resistance of 100 kgf thanks to the reinforced
rib structure of its internal design. You can safely put it in your pocket
or backpack with ease.
With waterproof performance to a depth of 43ft, equivalent to the "IPX8"
standard, the DMC-TS5 delivers active shooting on the beach, underwater or
in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be easily washed off
The DMC-TS5 is shockproof from a height of 6.6ft in accordance with the "MIL-STD
810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. Shoot actively while moving around
with the camera in one hand worry-free.
The DMC-TS5 is dustproof, equivalent to the "IP6X" standard. While
hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter cameras through gaps
in the camera body and cause malfunctions. No worries with the DMC-TS5, it
can be used in these activities and more without any problems.
Looking to shoot in the cold? The DMC-TS5 is freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit
so get out and shoot your
favorite winter activities like skiing, snowboarding or skating.
- Anti-Fog Glass
An anti-fog glass on the lens cover prevents it from being fogged with steam
when going from one temperature to the next.
- GPS and GLONASS
The GPS (Global Positioning System) in the DMC-TS5 complies with GLONASS (Global
Navigation Satellite System), taking advantage of it's increased number of
satellites, giving you better accuracy.
- Place Name and Landmark Information
The LUMIX's GPS shows the name of the Country/Region, State/Prov/County, County/Township,
City/Town/Village and Landmark using the internal data to give you real-time
information on your location when taking photos.
The photos and videos with the location names are automatically sorted in
a virtual folder alphabetically in the camera allowing you to quickly find
- GPS Log/Altimeter Log
In addition to the Altimeter logging function, the DMC-TS5 records GPS logging.
This allows memorizing travel distances which can be displayed on the Google
- Quad Indicator
The DMC-TS5 is specially designed for active outdoor use. It adopts GPS, compass,
altimeter and even barometer features to show and record altitude, barometric
pressure and orientation data. The barometer also works for underwater depth.
- Large 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD
The DMC-TS5 has a 3.0-inch 460K-dot LCD with a 100% field of view. LUMIX's
acclaimed Intelligent LCD function automatically adjusts the brightness in
11 step increments according to your shooting conditions. You can share the
fun of viewing images with family and friends too.
- State-Of-The-Art Features And Technologies LEICA DC Lens with Folded
The DMC-TS5 features a high-quality LEICA DC lens with 4.6x optical zoom from
28mm wide-angle to 128mm telephoto (35mm camera equivalent: 28-128mm). The
folded optics of the shaft guide method helps ensure the toughness of the
lens unit. Passing Leica's renowned stringent standards, this lens delivers
exceptional optical performance edge to edge.
- 28mm Wide-Angle Lens
The 28mm wide-angle lens easily captures large groups of people indoors or
expansive architectural structures and scenes with dynamic width and perspective,
even from a short distance away.
- 9.3x Intelligent Zoom
If the 4.6x optical zoom is not long enough for your photographic journey,
the Intelligent Zoom uses digital zoom technology with minimum deterioration
of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 4.6x
optical zoom virtually extends to a 9.3x zoom equivalent.
- Power O.I.S.
The POWER O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses vibration and hand-shake
that happens when you press the shutter button or when shooting at night with
a slow shutter speed.
- 16.1-Megapixel MOS Sensor
The new 16.1-megapixel High Sensitivity MOS sensor delivers both high quality
image recording and high speed signal processing. The Wavelet NR (Noise Reduction)
system*1 in the Venus Engine enables a deliberate noise reduction process
without missing low-frequency noise by enlarging its detection area by approx.64x*2.
The results are high sensitivity image recording even at ISO 3200.
*1 Works in high sensitivity image recording at ISO 800 or higher.
*2 Panasonic comparison with DMC-ZS20.
- 10 fps with 16.1-Megapixel Full Resolution
With the newly developed MOS sensor, the DMC-TS5 will shoot 10 fps* in 16.1-megapixel
full resolution with a mechanical shutter, and 5 fps with continuous AF. You
can even take a series of shots, choose the ones you like the best, and delete
* Max. 7 images.
- 60 fps in 3.5-megapixel Resolution
When you need even more frames per second with higher-speed burst shooting,
you can use the electronic shutter and achieve 60 fps.
- Quick Start-Up Time
The DMC-TS5 is ready to shoot when you are. With its quick start-up time and
Light Speed AF the DMC-TS5 helps you to never miss a moment.
- Light Speed AF
Light Speed AF helps catch even the most fleeting photo opportunities. You
can quickly focus on moving subjects such as sports, animals or kids.
- Torch Light
The DMC-TS5 features a torch light that helps records beautiful videos even
in dusky underwater environments or at a nighttime camp. You can even turn
on the light to illuminate a subject when the camera function is not activated.
- Time Lapse Shot
Have you ever wanted to capture a flower blooming, or clouds floating across
the sky? The Time Lapse Shot feature on the DMC-TS5 gives you the creative
control to set the start time, interval for taking the images, and the number
of pictures to shoot. Once that is set, the camera will automatically record
the images without you.
- 3D Shooting Capability
Photos or videos recorded in AVCHD on the SD/SDHC/SDXC Memory Cards are easy
to view on a Panasonic VIERA TV. Simply insert the card into the SD/SDHC/SDXC
Memory Card slot on a VIERA TV or DIGA Blu-ray Disc™ player to playback
your photos and videos. You can also use an optional HDMI micro cable to output
the photos and videos you took from the camera directly to the TV for VIERA
Link. Control many of these features using the TV's remote control.
Combine your pictures taken with the 3D Photo Mode and the 3D VIERA TV and
your photos come to life in a way you never thought imaginable.
- Extended battery Life
The high-energy efficiency and new large capacity battery delivers extended
battery life by approximately 20 %. You can shoot approximately 370 pictures
on a single battery charge*.
* Based on the CIPA standard.
- Camera Effective Pixels 16.1 Megapixels
- Sensor Size 1/2.33-inch High Sensitivity MOS Sensor
- Total Pixels 17.5 Total Megapixels
- Filter Primary Color Filter
- Lens null / LEICA DC VARIO-ELMAR / 10 elements in 8 groups / (5 Aspherical
Lenses / 6 Aspherical surfaces / 1 ED Lens) / Anti-fog Glass
- Aperture F3.3 - 5.9 / 2-step (F3.3 / 10(W), F5.9 / 18(T))
- Optical Zoom 4.6x
- Focal Length f=4.9 - 22.8mm (28 - 128mm in 35mm equiv.) / (33-140mm
in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 5.9x (4:3 / 10M), 8.4x (4:3 / 5M), 10.5x
- Intelligent Zoom 9.3x
- 2- Speed Zoom No
- Optical Image Stabilizer/Five Axis Correction Power O.I.S. (On /
Off) / No
- Digital Zoom1 Max. 4x
- Focus null / Normal, AF Macro, Macro Zoom / Quick AF (On/Off, On
in Intelligent Auto), Continuous AF(only for motion picture) / AF Tracking
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 30 cm - infinity / Tele 30 cm - infinity
/ Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 30cm
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On/Off), LED light in motion picture
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23-Area / 1-Area / Spot
- Shutter Speed approx. 4 - 1/1300 sec / 15sec / 30sec in Sarry Sky
- Viewfinder No
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), DPOF / 3D Image: MPO
/ Motion picture: AVCHD, MP4
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent Auto, P, M, Creative Control, Sports,
Snow, Beach&Snorkeling, Advanced Underwater, Panorama Shot, SCN
- Creative Control mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia,
Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect,
Miniature Effect, Soft Focus, Star Filter, One Point Color
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait,
Night Scenery, Hand Held Night Shot, HDR, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset,
High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through, 3D Photo
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full- Resolution Image: 10 frames/sec Max.
7 images with AF Tracking: 5 frames/sec, 2 frames/sec Max.100 images Intelligent
Burst Shooting / High- speed Burst: approx. 40 frames/sec (recorded in 5M/3M/0.3M
for 4:3, 4.5M/2.5M/0.3M for 3:2, 3.5M/2M/0.2M for 16:9, 3.5M/2.5M/0.2M for
1:1) / approx. 60 frames/sec (recorded in 2.5M/0.3M for 4:3, 3M/0.3M for 3:2,
3.5M/0.2M for 16:9, 2M/0.2M for 1:1) / Flash burst shooting
- Motion Picture Recording (*2)
- HD Video 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60p (FHD: 28Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output
is 60fps) / 1920 x 1080 pixels, 60i (FHD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is
60fps) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 60p (HD: 17Mbps / AVCHD) (Sensor Output is 60fps)
/ 1920 x 1080 pixels, 30fps (FHD: 20Mbps / MP4) / 1280 x 720 pixels, 30fps
(HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)
- Continuous recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 80 min (FHD / 60p), 85min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 95 min (FHD)
- Actual recordable time (motion pictures)
- AVCHD approx. 35 min (FHD / 60p), 40min (FHD / 60i)
- MP4 approx. 45 min (FHD)
- Exposure Parameters
- Exposure Program AE, Manual
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 -1EV step, Max +/-1EV, 3 frames
- Light Metering Intelligent Multiple
- ISO Sensitivity Auto / i.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / 3200
/ High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / 2736x2736 (7.5M EZ)
/ 1920x1920 (3.5M EZ) / 1536x1536 (2.5M EZ) / 480x480 (0.2M EZ) / [4:3] 4608x3456
(16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 2560x1920 (5M EZ) / 2048X1536 (3M EZ) / 1280x960
(1M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / 3648x2432 (9M EZ) /
2560x1712 (4.5M EZ) / 2048x1360 (2.5M EZ) / 640x424 (0.3M EZ) / [16:9] 4608x2592
(12M) / 3648x2056 (7.5M EZ) / 2560x1440 (3.5M EZ) / 1920x1080 (2M EZ) / 640x360
- Image Quality Fine / Standard (3D mode: MPO Fine / MPO Standard )
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White
Set / White Balance Adjustment (Except Auto)
- Photo Style / Film Mode No
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White,
Sepia, Vivid (in P, M), Happy (only in iA mode)
- Aspect Bracketing No
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- GPS Yes(GPS / GLONASS) / GPS LOG
- Wi-FI IEEE 802.11b/g/n / 2412MHz - 2462MHz (1-11ch) / WPA / WPA2
/ Infurastracture mode / WPS / Wi-Fi Direct / Wi-Fi Button
- NFC Yes
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Self Timer 2sec / 10sec
- Playback Mode 2 All, Slideshow, Filtering Play(Picture Only, Video
Only, 3D Play, GPS Area Play, Altimeter Log, Travel, Category Selection, Select
Date, Favorites), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- Show Histogram Yes
- Show Highlights No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch / Color Reproduction
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / Yes / Yes
- Cut Animation Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD language English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor 3 3.0"(7.5cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (460K dots),
AR Coating / Field of View : approx. 100% / AUTO Power Monitor mode, Power
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye
Reduction, Forced Off, 0.3 - 5.6m (Wide/ISO Auto), 0.3 - 3.1m (Tele/ISO Auto)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card,
SDXC Memory Card
- Built- in- Memory Approx. 10MB
- Microphone / Speaker Stereo / Mono
- Power 4 null / Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V / 1250mAh / 4.5Wh)
/ AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 370 pictures (CIPA Standard)*1
- Standard Package
- Included Software PHOTOfunSTUDIO 9.1 PE / Adobe Reader
- Standard Accessories Battery Pack, Battery Charger, AC Cable, USB
Cable, Hand Strap, CD-ROM
- Note *1 / Recording conditions by CIPA standard / - CIPA is an abbreviation
of [Camera & Imaging Products Association]. / - Temperature: 23 oC (73.4
oF)/Humidity: 50%RH when LCD monitor is on. / - Using a Panasonic SD Memory
Card (32 MB). / - Using the supplied battery. / - Starting recording 30 seconds
after the camera is turned on. (When the optical image stabilizer function
is set to [ON].) / - Recording once every 30 seconds with full flash every
second recording. / - Rotating the zoom lever from Tele to Wide or vice versa
in every recording. / - Turning the camera off every 10 recordings and leaving
it until the temperature of the battery decreases. / *2 / - These are standard
times taken at a temperature of 23 oC (73.4 oF) and a humidity of 50%RH. /
- The time available for recording varies depending on the environment, the
interval between recordings, and the manner of use. / - Actual recordable
time is the time available for recording when repeating actions such as switching
the power supply [ON] / [OFF], starting/stopping recording, zoom operation
etc. / - Maximum time to record motion pictures continuously with [AVCHD]
in [FHD/60p]/[FHD/60i] is 29 minutes 59 seconds. / - Maximum time to record
motion pictures continuously with [MP4] is 29 minutes 59 seconds or up to
- Width: 4.30"
- Height: 2.65"
- Depth: 1.14"
- Unit: 0.47 lbs
- Shipping: 2 lbs
- As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
- In PAL regions, images are converted from 60i to 50i, 60p to 50p and 30p
to 25p for playback.
- Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency
brake is applied.
- This cameras comes with a function to check whether the battery and unit
can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have
been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no
guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise
care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been
found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot
check for themselves before purchasing.