Panasonic LUMIX TS25 Active Lifestyle Black Tough Camera, Model DMCTS25K
The rugged, waterproof LUMIX TS25 compact adventure camera delivers go-anywhere flexibility with state-of-the-art imaging performance. The LUMIX TS25 is the ultimate tough camera, so no matter where you find yourself...diving with sea life, hanging from a mountain, or exploring the winding alleys of a foreign market.. you will take the best shot possible without worrying about your camera. Waterproof to 23 feet, shockproof from 5 feet, and freezeproof from 14 degrees Fahrenheit, the LUMIX TS25 is a tough camera for your active lifestyle.
- Instant creativity with built-in creative effects
- Capture stills or HD video in and out of the water
- Travel confidently with go anywhere shock and waterproof toughness
Instant Creativity With Built-In Creative Effects: Creative Control / Creative Retouch
Panasonic is ready to take the ordinary and make it extraordinary by fueling your creativity with the Creative Control feature (in the recording mode) and the Creative Retouch feature (in the playback mode). These features take simple or complicated scenes and make them easy to capture in a great photo. Simply set the camera to match your scene and it uses sophisticated presets to optimize the camera settings resulting in photos you'll be proud of.
Panasonic has developed the industry's first Creative Panorama functions. Discover 12 filter effects that will take your panorama images to the next level with creative and dramatic results.
Advanced Underwater Mode
iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode
The Red Color Reproduction of Advanced Underwater Mode compensates for the color red that is easily lost in underwater photography. This creates underwater pictures that look more natural. Other modes that deliver incredible results are Sports, Snow, and Beach & Snorkeling. They can all be selected from the menu quickly and easily.
In the iA (Intelligent Auto) Mode, the camera does all the work, leaving you free to compose your shot and capture the moment. Simply aim, press, and shoot. The detection and correction functions go to work to give you beautiful photos and videos.
* The applicable iA Mode functions vary with photos and videos.
Time Lapse Shot
Have you ever wanted to capture a flower blooming, or clouds floating across the sky? The Time Lapse Shot feature on the DMC-TS25 gives you the creative control to set the start time, interval for taking the images, and the number of pictures to shoot. Once that is set, the camera will automatically record the images without you.
Capture Stills or HD Video In and Out of the Water 25mm Ultra Wide-Angle Lens
The DMC-TS25 features a 25mm wide-angle lens* with 4x optical zoom (35mm equivalent: 25-100mm). The 25mm ultra wide-angle lens has about twice the shooting area as a standard 35mm lens. This enhances most shooting situations, like photographing a group of people at an indoor party or shooting a large structure or sweeping landscape while traveling.
* Converted to standard 35mm camera equivalent, at the wide-end.
8x Intelligent Zoom
If the 4x optical zoom is not long enough for your photographic journey, the Intelligent Zoom uses digital zoom technology with minimum deterioration of image quality thanks to the Intelligent Resolution technology. The 4x optical zoom virtually extends to an 8x zoom equivalent.
Motion Picture Button
Video recording can be easily started with the press of the Motion Picture Button making it convenient for switching between photo and video shooting instantly.
MP4 HD Recording
If you want to edit your videos on a computer or upload them to a website, the DMC-TS25 can record HD motion images (1,280 x 720 pixels) in MP4 format.
MEGA O.I.S. with Active Mode
The Active Mode effectively suppresses blur in video recordings especially at wide-angle settings while walking or playing with children or moving subjects.
The MEGA O.I.S. (Optical Image Stabilizer) suppresses vibration and hand-shake that happens when you press the shutter button or when shooting at night with a slow shutter speed. Even slight hand-shake movement is accurately detected by a sampling frequency of 4,000 times per second, and compensated for to produce sharp, clear images.
The DMC-TS25 features a torch light that helps records beautiful videos even in dusky underwater environments or at a nighttime camp. You can even turn on the light to illuminate a subject when the camera function is not activated.
2.7-Inch Intelligent LCD
The DMC-TS25's 2.7-inch LCD is a 230K-dot Intelligent LCD. LUMIX's acclaimed Intelligent LCD technology automatically adjusts the brightness in 11 step increments according to your shooting conditions. In addition, the AR (anti-reflective) coating LCD minimizes glare and provides clear images for high visibility even in brightness outdoors.
Travel Confidently With Go Anywhere Shock and Waterproof ToughnessA Casual Stylish Rugged Design
Featuring a flat, slim profile made possible by using folded optics for the 4x optical zoom* lens unit, the DMC-TS25 is incredibly tough. The TS25 delivers breathtaking color and detail in photos and videos. Enjoy easy, casual shooting with style both in town and during your outdoor adventures. The DMC-TS25 is optimal for both.
* 35mm camera equivalent: 25-100mm
Travel With Confidence
The durable TS25 is waterproof, shockproof, dustproof and freezeproof empowering you to take this camera on all of your photographic journeys. From fishing or camping in the springtime, diving, snorkeling, surfing in the summer, mountain climbing in autumn, or skiing and snowboarding in winter, the DMC-TS25 is an all-year-round camera that records stunning memories in beautiful photos and videos.
With waterproof performance to a depth of 23ft, equivalent to the "IPX8" standard, the DMC-TS25 delivers active shooting on the beach, underwater or in a pool. If the camera gets dirty, soil and dust can be easily washed off with water.
The DMC-TS25 is shockproof from a height of 5ft in accordance with the "MIL-STD 810F Method 516.5-Shock" test standard. Shoot actively while moving around with the camera in one hand worry-free.
The DMC-TS25 is dustproof, equivalent to the "IP6X" standard. While hiking or playing sports, fine dust particles can enter cameras through gaps in the camera body and cause malfunctions. No worries with the DMC-TS25, it can be used in these activities and more without any problems.
Looking to shoot in the cold? The DMC-TS25 is freezeproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit so get out and shoot your favorite winter activities like skiing, snowboarding or skating.
- Camera Effective Pixels 16.1 megapixels
- Sensor Size 1/2.33-inch CCD Sensor
- Total Pixels 16.6 Total Megapixels
- Filter Primary Color Filter
null / LUMIX DC VARIO / 11 elements in 10 groups / (5 Aspherical Lenses / 9 Aspherical surfaces / 1 ED Lens)
- Aperture F3.9 - 5.7 / 2-step (F3.9 / 9.0(W), F5.7 / 13.0(T))
- Optical Zoom 4x
- Focal Length f=4.5 - 18.0mm (25 - 100mm in 35mm equiv.) / (29-108mm in 35mm equiv. in video recording)
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ) 5.1x (4:3 / 10M), 7.2x (4:3 / 5M), 9.0x (under 3M)
- Intelligent Zoom 8x
- Optical Image Stabilizer / Five Axis Correction MEGA O.I.S. (On with Active Mode (Only for Motion Picture) /Off) / No
- Digital Zoom1 Max. 4x
null / Normal, AF Macro, Macro Zoom / Quick AF (Always On), Continuous AF(only for motion picture) / AF Tracking
- Focusing Area Normal: Wide 50 cm - infinity / Tele 100 cm - infinity / Macro / Intelligent AUTO/ motion picture: Wide 5 cm - infinity / Tele 100cm - infinity
- AF Assist Lamp Yes (On/Off), LED light in motion picture
- AF Metering Face / AF Tracking / 23-Area / 1-Area / Spot
- Shutter Speed approx. 8 - 1/1300 sec / 15sec / 30sec / 60sec in Sarry Sky mode
- File Format Still Image: JPEG(DCF/Exif2.3), DPOF / Motion picture: MP4
- Recording Modes
- Mode Dial / Mode Button Intelligent AUTO, Normal Picture, Creative Control, Sports, Snow, Beach & Surf, Advanced Underwater, Panorama Shot, SCN
- Creative Control Mode Expressive, Retro, High Key, Low Key, Sepia, Dynamic Monochrome, Impressive Art, High Dynamic, Cross Process, Toy Effect, Miniature Effect, One Point Color
- Still Image Scene Mode Portrait, Soft Skin, Scenery, Night Portrait, Night Scenery, Food, Baby1, Baby2, Pet, Sunset, High Sensitivity, Starry Sky, Glass Through
- Continuous Shooting Mode Full-Resolution Image, approx. 1.3 frames/sec / High-speed Burst Mode: approx. 8 frames/sec (recorded in 3M for 4:3, 2.5M for 3:2, 2M for 16:9, 2.5M for 1:1) / Flash burst shooting
- Motion Picture Recording
- HD Video 1280 x 720 pixels, 30 fps (HD: 10Mbps / MP4)
- STD Video 640 x 480 pixels, 30 fps (VGA: 4Mbps / MP4)
- Continuous Recordable Time (motion pictures)
- Exposure Parameters
- Exposure Auto(Program AE)
- Exposure Compensation 1/3 EV step, +/-2 EV
- Auto (AE) Bracketing 1/3 -1EV step, Max +/-1EV, 3 frames
- Lighting Metering Intelligent Multiple
- ISO Sensitivity I.ISO / 100 / 200 / 400 / 800 / 1600 / High Sensitivity mode (ISO 1600-6400)
- Picture Quality
- Still Picture Recording [1:1] 3456x3456 (12M) / [4:3] 4608x3456 (16M) / 3648x2736 (10M EZ) / 2560x1920 (5M EZ) / 2048x1536 (3M EZ) / 1280x960 (1M EZ) / 640x480 (0.3M EZ) / [3:2] 4608x3072 (14M) / [16:9] 4608x2592 (12M)
- White Balance Auto / Daylight / Cloudy / Shade / Incandescent / White Set
- Color Mode / Color Effect / My Color Color Mode : Standard, Black&White, Sepia, Vivid( Normal only), Happy (only in iA Mode)
- Digital Red Eye Correction (Red-Eye Removal) Yes
- Zoom in Motion Picture Yes
- Self Timer 2 Sec / 10 Sec
- Playback Mode2 All, Slideshow, Filtering Playback (Picture Only, Video Only, Category Selection, Select Date, Favorites), Calendar
- Thumbnails / Zoomed Playback 12,30-thumbnails / Yes
- Calendar Display / Dual- Image Playback Yes / No
- Set Favorites / Rotate Image Yes / No
- DPOF Print Setting / Set Protection Yes / Yes
- Retouch Creative Retouch / Auto Retouch / Color Reproduction
- Resize / Cropping / Aspect Conv. / Leveling Yes / Yes / No / No
- Copy / Title Edit / Text Stamp Yes / No / Yes
- Video Divide Yes
- PictBridge Support Single / Multi / All / Favorites / DPOF
- OSD Language English, Spanish
- LCD Monitor3 2.7"(6.7cm) TFT Screen LCD Display (230K dots)
- Built- in- Flash Auto, Auto/Red-eye Reduction, Forced On, Slow Sync./Red-eye Reduction, Forced Off, / 0.3 - 4.4m (Wide / i.ISO), 1.0 - 3.0m (Tele/ i.ISO)
- Recording Media Built-in Memory, SD Memory Card, SDHC Memory Card, SDXC Memory Card
- Built-In Memory Approx.70MB
- Microphone / Speaker Mono / Mono
- Power4 null / Li-ion Battery Pack (3.6V / 680mAh / 2.5Wh) / AC Adaptor (Input: 110-240V AC)(Optional)
- Battery life (approx.) 250 pictures (CIPA Standard)1
- Height: 2.3"
- Width: 4.08"
- Depth: 0.77"
- Unit: 0.32 lbs
- Shipping: 1 lb
- As digital magnification increases, resolution significantly decreases.
- In PAL regions, images are converted from 60i to 50i, 60p to 50p and 30p to 25p for playback.
- Video feature is designed to function only when vehicle is parked and emergency brake is applied.
- This cameras comes with a function to check whether the battery and unit can be safely used together. Batteries made by other companies which have been certified by Panasonic may be used with these units, but we offer no guarantee as to the quality, performance or safety of such batteries. Exercise care when purchasing batteries. Many fake or imitation batteries have been found among those sold at unusually low prices and those which customers cannot check for themselves before purchasing.