PN51F8500 - Samsung 51" Black Plasma 1080p 3D HDTV
TAKING CINEMATIC VIEWING TO NEW HEIGHTS
The Samsung Smart Plasma TV PN51F8500 is the ultimate picture you’ve been waiting
for and the best performance we have to offer. It starts with the new Super
Contrast Panel, which delivers unprecedented brightness, the deepest black levels
and precise colors and clarity. We’ve also added Cinema Smooth™ to give anything
you watch film-like smoothness, no matter the original motion quality. These
advanced picture features bring out every high definition detail of your favorite
movies, sports and shows right off the Samsung 51" plasma. And you’ll have no problem finding your favorites
or discovering new ones with our new Smart Hub – a faster way to navigate TV
content. This intuitive central menu organizes and personalizes your entertainment
world into five panels: On-TV, Movies and Shows, Social, Apps and a panel for
your personal photos, videos and music.
Swipe between these panels using simple hand gestures and even use S-Recommendation
with Voice Interaction to ask things like “what action movies are on?” The S-Recommendation
search engine will find your favorite TV shows, movies and stored content –
making what’s on TV an easy choice. You can also share photos and videos from
your compatible smart devices to your TV – or use your smartphone and tablet
to watch what’s on your TV. The design marvel of the Samsung 51-inch plasma continues with the beautiful brushed
metal frame with curved lines that elegantly rests on a complementing stand.
The F8500 is our newest commitment of meeting the highest expectations.
- Our Best Picture Performance with Samsung Super Contrast Panel
- Smart TV 2.0 with enhanced Smart Hub and Quad Core Processing
- Smart Interaction 2.0 with Pop-up Camera
- Super Contrast Panel
- Real Black Pro
- Full HD 1080p
- 600Hz Subfield Motion
- Cinema Smooth+TM
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus
- Clear Image Panel
SMART TV 2.0
- Quad Core Processor
- Smart Hub
- Full Web Browser
SMART INTERACTION 2.0
- Built-in Pop-up Camera
- Voice Recognition
- Gesture Recognition
- Samsung Smart View (Mirroring/Clone View/Dual View)
2D AND 3D IN FULL HD
- 4 HDMI® Connections
- 3 USB Connections
- Wi-Fi® Built-in
- 1 Component in
- 1 Shared Composite in (AV)
- Dolby® Digital Plus/Pulse
- DTS Premium Sound | 5.1™ decoding with DNSe+ processing
- 3D Sound
- Smart Touch Remote Control
- 4 pairs of 3D Active Glasses
- IR Blaster
- Super Contrast Panel: Whether watching a beautifully shot movie or sporting
event the new Super Contrast Panel gives your TV picture incredible brightness
and contrast. Larger Red/Green/Blue sub-pixel color areas within the panel
create a picture that rivals LED TVs for brightness. To further improve the
already impressive Plasma TV black levels, the Super Contrast Panel combines
two key innovations. The Real Black Pro filter improves deep black levels
in bright room conditions, and Adaptive Reset Control does the same for darker
rooms. The result is deep, rich colors and spectacular contrast.
- Real Black Pro: Through a technology advancement to both the hardware and
software of the TV, viewers can experience a richer picture quality with deeper
blacks, bolder color, and higher contrast . By improving the reflection reduction
properties of the panel, combined with improving the reset pulse algorithm
in the software, users can get the most cinematic viewing experience with
the Real Black Pro.
- Full HD 1080p: The realistic detail of Full HD images invites you to enjoy
a viewing experience that redefines reality.
- 600Hz Subfield Motion: Samsung Plasma TV generates a frame of video at 600
times a second. The result is smoother images with unprecedented picture quality,
especially beneficial when viewing sports and fast action movies.
- Cinema Smooth Plus™ Cinema smooth adjusts the frame rate of the panel for
displaying 24fps source movies on Blu-ray Disc®, dedicated 24p cable and satellite
channels at this native frame rate. The resulting video characteristic is
a smoother and more natural film like experience. Content originated in 24p
but delivered to the TV at 30fps or 60 fps may have inherent motion judder,
Samsung’s Motion Judder Canceller smooths video content affected by poor processing.
- Wide Color Enhancer Plus: Enhances hues by expanding the color range for
a more vivid viewing experience especially beneficial when watching older
film productions and non high definition content. Clear Image Panel: The clear
image technology feature provides anti-reflection for a better viewing experience.
The single layer panel structure eliminates the production of dual images
and blurring, especially at off angled viewing.
SMART TV 2.0
The Samsung Smart TV finds the movies and TV shows you like – and more. Speak
into the mic on the Smart Touch Remote to get TV recommendations. Use gestures
to swipe and navigate within the 5 Smart Hub content panels. Easily discover
movies, shows, and social posts with less searching and more watching.
- Quad Core Processor Explore and multitask faster with our Quad Core Processor.
This extra power gives you faster web browsing, smoother interaction and allows
you to switch between content even faster than before.
- Smart Hub: Our new interface organizes your entertainment and content into
5 convenient panels: On TV, Movies and TV Shows, Social, Apps, and a panel
for your Photos, Videos and Music.
- Full Web Browser: All the benefits of Full Web Browsing, right on your TV.
From social sites like Facebook® and Twitter to news, weather, entertainment,
blogs and more. Discover even more content possibilities with your Smart TV.
- S-Recommendation: Discover what you want to watch without surfing channels
just by asking your TV. It will respond to your voice and find a selection
of customized content options based on your preferences. Ask the TV for recommendations
while you’re watching TV, for example “what football games are on?” Or visit
the full S-Recommendation hub to find new things to watch.
SMART INTERACTION 2.0
Speaking into the built-in microphone on the Smart Touch Remote Control along
with hand gestures all control your TV in new and unexpected ways. Use S-Recommendation
with Voice Interaction to ask your TV to find things to watch and get program
- Built-in Pop-up Camera: Useful for video calling applications such as Skype™,
the built-in camera is hidden within the top of the bezel, and pops up when
slight pressure is applied.
- AllShare™: Allows your TV to wirelessly access and stream content from
any compatible device, like a PC or mobile device. Share movies, photos, and
music all through a single device: your TV. With cloud technology, you can
access and even share content away from home.
- Samsung Smart View (Mirroring/Clone View/Dual View) Compatible: Stream content
playing on your TV straight to your mobile device so you never miss a second
of the action.
2D AND 3D IN FULL HD
Enjoy stunning Full HD 1080p in both 2D and 3D modes. With Samsung’s 3D converter,
turn 2D viewing into 3D for an amazing cinematic experience.
SMART EVOLUTION COMPATIBLE
The Smart Evolution Port allows you to update your Smart TV in the future.
The Smart Evolution Kit* plugs into the back of your TV and updates it with
new software and technology that will improve your TV performance – faster speed,
more content, more features. *Smart Evolution Kit sold separately. Not available
for all TV models. Available in 2014. Performance and specifications may vary
subject to hardware limitations.
- HDMI®: High-quality single-cable digital audio/video interface for connecting
the TV to a digital cable box, satellite box, DVD & Blu-ray Disc™ Player,
PC computers, PC portable devices, new-generation tablets and devices featuring
the HDMI output.
- USB: Connects a variety of computer, audio and video devices to the TV.
USB movie capability allows the streaming of video from storage devices, cameras,
camcorders and USB drives.
- Wi-Fi® Built-in: With Wi-Fi built right into the TV, it is easier than ever
to browse the Web right on the big screen. F8500 Plasma TV PLASMA
- Component In: Analog video connection transmits HD RGB video using three
- Shared Composite in (AV): Analog video connection transmits video using
one RCA connection.
- Dolby® Digital Plus/Pulse: Optimizes the TV sound quality when viewing and
listening to Internet movies, Internet music and other content played back
from wired or wireless mobile phones, PCs, and tablet devices.
- DTS Premium Sound | 5.1™ decoding with DNSe+ processing: Delivers immersive
5.1 surround sound from any DTS-encoded content and converts any two-channel
audio content into a 5.1 DTS surround sound track for discrete surround sound
playback. Samsung’s DNSe+ processing provides selectable custom settings for
experiencing surround sound with maximum bass response, dialog clarity and
consistent volume levels from any content source, including Blu-ray movies,
TV programming, streaming and games.
- 3D Sound: When viewing 3D content, the audio track is processed to create
a three dimensional space, including behind, above or below the listener.
- Smart Touch Remote Control: Enjoy all the benefits of a Universal Remote
with the Smart Touch Remote Control. Use it to control multiple devices connected
to your Smart TV, including the set top box, Blu-ray Disc® player and Home
Entertainment System.The innovative touch pad allows for quick and intuitive
navigation, while the built-in microphone provides an alternative way to control
your Smart TV with your voice.
- 3D Active Glasses: When combined with Samsung 3D entertainment, 3D Active
Glasses bring viewing to vivid life. Samsung’s newest 3D Active Glasses offer
even greater comfort over hours of viewing.
- IR Blaster: The Infrared (IR) Blaster gives you Smart control over your
entire range of external devices, all with a single remote. Simply plug in
the Bluetooth®-powered IR Blaster, and you can command your cable box, Blu-ray
Disc® Player, and more - all from a single source.
- Unit: 52 lbs
- Shipping: 65 lbs
- Depth: 1.9"
- Height: 27.9"
- Width: 46.9"
- Depth: 10.6"
- Height: 29.3"
- Width: 46.9"
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts