Sony a NEX-6L/B Compact Interchangeable Lens Digital Camera, Model NEX6LB
Who says you can't have it all? The NEX-6 features a wish list of features and still fits in your pocket. And it's fast, too. Make quick changes with a handy DSLR-like dial. Focus and track fast-moving subjects with the speed and accuracy of phase and contrast detection. It even shoots 16.1MP photos at a blistering up to 10fps. It's the end of compromise as we know it.
- Pocket camera with professional-grade performance
- 16 MP APS-C sensor with up to 10 fps shooting and Full HD video
- Fast Hybrid AF includes phase-detection for DSLR-like focus
- Bright XGA OLED viewfinder for 100% coverage
- Wi-Fi sharing and downloadable camera apps
- DSLR-like operation with new intuitive Quick Navi controls
- Multi-interface Smart Accessory Shoe for system accessories
- Built-in Guide Number 6 flash brightens the scene
- 11 exciting Picture Effects for stills and videos
- Photo Creativity for easy image adjustments
- Fast Hybrid AF
Sony's advanced Fast Hybrid AF combines two technologies for outstanding performance: Phase detection AF for quick response that is ideal when tracking fast-moving subjects and contrast-detection AF for added precision. A perfect match that delivers optimal Auto Focus for fast, precise focusing in any scene.
- XGA Tru-Finder OLED
There's never been anything quite like the Tru-Finder OLED electronic viewfinder. For size, speed and brightness even after sunset, this is a gem. This eye-level, through-the-lens, viewfinder begins with 2359K dots for amazing resolution and high contrast ratio for incredible depth. OLED reduces motion blur to a bare minimum. You can also see the results of camera adjustments in real time with superb color and detail.
- Wi-Fi Sharing
Wi-Fi capability – a first for Alpha-series – lets users transfer photos directly to smartphones and tablets with the PlayMemories Mobile app. Wi-Fi capability allows for sharing, viewing and saving photos for expanded photo-shooting enjoyment. Photos can be easily transferred to smartphones and tablets, viewed on large screen TVs or saved to PC's.
- Advanced Control Dial
Mode control dial and Quick Navi assure quick and intuitive operation comparable to DSLR cameras Control dial, Fn (function) button and touch screen (including touch shutter function) combine to greatly facilitate operation and speed getting the shot.
- PlayMemories Camera Apps
Supports PlayMemories Camera Apps, the world's first application download service that lets users install new camera functions as needed.
- New Multi-Interface Shoe
Unlike conventional cameras, the NEX-6 features a newly developed Multi-Interface Shoe that dramatically expands compatibility with Handycam accessories, thus raising the potential for photo/movie shooting.
- Built-in GN6 Pop-up Flash
A built-in Guide Number 6 flash is located on top of the camera.2 It is ideal for shooting in dimly lit settings and can be used as a fill flash when shooting in bright sunshine or to produce catch lights in portraits. The flash combines with ultra-high ISO 2500 and a large APS-C HD CMOS sensor for stunningly beautiful low-light photos.
- Picture Effect mode
There are 11 picture effects modes to choose from: Posterization (Color, B/W), Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow), Soft High-key, High Contrast Monochrome, Toy Camera (Normal, Cool, Warm, Green, Magenta), Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Monochrome, and Miniature. Each is unique and each gives you a new and exciting way to make your images and videos pop.
- Photo Creativity interface
The Photo Creativity interface enables you to easily enjoy the creative expression of SLR-quality digital imaging without the complicated settings. Changes can be easily made using the control dial with results seen in real time on the LCD. Settings include; Background Defocus, Brightness, Color, Vividness and most Picture Effects.
- Auto Portrait Framing
Simply photograph a person and Auto Portrait Framing will save an additional, optimally framed image in portrait or landscape orientation. Combining Face Detection and By Pixel Super Resolution technologies with rule of thirds, Auto Portrait Framing provides beautifully composed and appealingly balanced full resolution portraits.
- Clear Image Zoom
Utilizing Sony's exclusive By Pixel Super Resolution Technology, Clear Image Zoom increases the effective focal length of your lens up to 2x by digitally magnifying the center of your image with nearly imperceptible degradation. It virtually doubles the effective focal length of whatever lens you're using providing greater shooting flexibility.
- Convenient USB charging
Easily recharge the camera via USB charging. Simply connect the bundled USB cable and recharge the battery without removing it from the camera, either via AC outlet or PC connection.
- Full HD Movies at 60p/60i/24p
Capture HD Movies in your choice of super-smooth 60p, standard 60i or cinematic 24p, all at Full HD 1920x1080 resolution.1 AVCHD codec delivers stunning picture quality. MP4 codec offers smaller files for easier upload to the web.
- Auto HDR built into camera
High Dynamic Range (HDR) photography captures more scene contrast than a single exposure can handle by combining the best highlight detail from one shot and the best shadow detail from another for one incredible shot. Until recently, you needed a computer and editing software. Sony builds HDR in. Handles severe backlighting and other high-contrast scenes. Captures in a split second. (Recommended for still subjects.).
- 6-image layering
The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. The camera then combines the data from the 6 different images up to ISO 25600 to create a single image. This method is used to control blur in Anti-Motion Blur mode or to get cleaner, sharper nighttime pictures in Hand-held Twilight mode.
- Sweep Panorama Technology
Capture expansive landscapes automatically. Press the shutter, sweep vertically or horizontally. The camera does the rest, continuously shooting images and stitching them together. Up to 23 MP image size. Up to 202 degrees maximum sweep angle (16mm focal length).
- Anti Motion Blur mode
Corrects for subject movement to capture amazingly clean and sharp images in low light. The camera leverages the large, APS-C image sensor and captures six images in a fraction of a second. Combining the data from all six creates a single image that minimizes subject blur.
- Intelligent Auto Focus
Pre-focuses as you compose the shot, further reducing focusing time to a bare minimum.
- Peaking AF display
The Peaking AF display makes precise manual focusing much easier by highlighting the edges that are in focus in your choice of three colors (white, red, or yellow). This is especially helpful during macro or portrait photography where your focal plane can make or break your shot.
- Manual Focus Assist
Greatly magnifies the viewfinder image when you touch the focus ring, making it easy to get razor-sharp images. Works with E-mount lenses only.
- Enhanced Tracking Focus
Tracking Focus continuously tracks a user-designated subject and is now more effective at tracking people. If the subject turns away from the camera, face-detection tracking automatically switches to subject tracking and continues tracking.
- Face Detection technology
The camera can automatically detect up to eight individual faces and adjust focus, exposure, white balance and flash to help deliver crisp, properly lit images of family and friends. Can prioritize children or adults.
- Smile Shutter technology
Captures a smile the moment it happens. Simply select the Smile Shutter mode and the camera takes the picture automatically. You can prioritize children or adults and adjust the smile sensitivity.
- D-Range Optimizer (DRO)
Improves results with backlit subjects and recovers details hidden in shadows. Settings include Auto, Level with a choice of five operating levels and Off.
- Creative Styles (6 modes)
Control how the camera processes your images with six finishing styles: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset and B&W. You can even fine-tune contrast, saturation, and sharpness to your personal taste.
- PhotoTV HD compatibility
Optimizes compatible BRAVIA televisions for gorgeous display of digital pictures.
- MS Duo/ SD slot
For cost-effective, convenient storage and sharing of your images, the camera accepts Memory Stick PRO Duo /Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo and SD/SDHC media (Class 4 or higher recommended), (Memory card is required, all are sold separately).
- Anti-dust sensor
Anti-Dust Technology helps keep the CMOS sensor clean, resulting in consistently clear pictures. First a static-free coating on the sensor's low-pass filter helps repel dust. Then vibration automatically dislodges dust from the sensor.
- Face Detection: On/On (Regist. Faces)/Off, Face Selection (maximum 8 detectables)
- Smile Shutter™ technology: Smile shutter (selectable from 3 steps)
- Tracking Focus: Yes (object tracking)
- Advanced User Interface: Easy-to-understand Graphic Display and on-screen
Help Guide User-friendly function menu
- Anti Motion Blur: 6-image layering
- Auto High Dynamic Range: Yes, (Auto Exposure Difference, Exposure difference
Level (1.0-6.0 EV at 1.0 EV step), off)
- Shooting Tips: Yes
- Sweep Panorama: Horizontal (Wide/Standard), Vertical (Wide/Standard)
Auto Portrait Framing
- Lens Compatibility: Sony E-mount lenses
- Camera Type: Sony E-mount interchangeable lens digital camera with built-in
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount
- Self Timer: Yes (10/2 sec delay/Off selectable)
- Still Image Playback Options: Single, 6/12-frame index view, Enlarged display
mode, Panorama (Standard), Panorama (Wide): 34x), Auto
- Review, Image orientation, Slideshow, Panorama scrolling, Folder selection,
- Video Playback Options: Forward/Rewind
- Burst Buffer: When used with SD (UHS-I compliant) memory card Continuous
shooting Hi: Extra FINE 15, FINE 24, STD 29, RAW 15, RAW+JPEG 12 Tele-zoom
Continuous Advance Priority AE (8 fps): Extra FINE 20, FINE 28, STD 31, RAW
19, RAW+JPEG 18 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (10 fps): Extra FINE
20, FINE 26, STD 28 When used with Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo Continuous shooting
Hi: Extra FINE 14, FINE 18, STD 20, RAW 13, RAW+JPEG 11 Tele-zoom Continuous
Advance Priority AE (8 fps): Extra FINE 17, FINE 20, STD 24, RAW 17, RAW+JPEG
16 Tele-zoom Continuous Advance Priority AE (10 fps): Extra FINE 18, FINE
22, STD 24
- Continuous Shooting Speed: Continuous mode: max. 3 fps Speed Priority Continuous
Shooting: max. 10 fps
- Drive Mode: Single-shot, Continuous shooting, Speed Priority continuous
shooting, Self-timer (10/2s delay selectable), Self-timer (10/2s delay 3/5
exposures selectable), Bracketing, Remote Cdr
- Flash Sync Speed: 1/160 s
- Self-timer: 2s or 10s delay (single, continuous 3 or 5 frames)
- Shutter Speeds: Still images: 1/4000 to 30s (Bulb). Movies: 1/4000 to 1/4
(1/3 steps) up to 1/60 in AUTO mode (up to 1/30 in Auto slow shutter)
- Shutter Type: Electronically-controlled, vertical-traverse, focal-plane
- Picture Effect(s): 11 types (15 variations): Posterization (Color, B/W),
Pop Color, Retro Photo, Partial Color (R,G,B,Y), High Contrast Mono, Toy Camera,
Soft High-key, Soft Focus, HDR Painting, Rich-tone Mono, Miniature
- Auto Exposure Lock: AE is locked when the shutter button is half pressed
(ON/OFF is available in MENU)
- Creative Style: Standard, Vivid, Portrait, Landscape, Sunset, B/W (Contrast
(-3 to +3steps), Saturation(-3 to +3steps), Sharpness(-3 to +3steps))
- Exposure Bracketing: With 1/3, 2/3, 1, 2, 3EV increments, 3 frames
- Exposure Compensation: Still images: +/- 3.0EV (1/3EV steps), Movies: +/-
2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Exposure Settings: iAUTO, Superior Auto, Programmed AE (P), Aperture priority
(A), Shutter-speed priority (S), Manual (M), Sweep Panorama, Scene Selection
- ISO: Still images: Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-25600) Movies:
Auto (ISO 100-3200), Selectable (ISO 100-6400)
- Metering: 1200-zone evaluative metering
- Metering Modes: Multi-segment, Center-weighted, Spot
- Metering Sensitivity: 0EV-20EV, (at ISO 100 equivalent with F2.8 lens)
- Noise Reduction: Long Exposure NR: (On/Off, available at shutter speeds
longer than 1 second) High ISO NR: (High/Normal/Low)
- Scene Mode(s): Portrait, Landscape, Macro, Sports Action, Sunset, Night
Portrait, Night View, Handheld Twilight, Anti Motion Blur
- White Balance Mode: Auto WB, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent,
Flash, C.Tem (2500 to 9900K), C.Filter (G7 to M7,A7 to B7), Custom
- Flash Compensation: +/- 2.0EV (1/3EV steps)
- Flash Coverage: FOV coverage up to 16 mm (in the focal length)
- Flash Modes: Autoflash, Fill-flash, Rear sync., Slow sync., Rear Sync.,
Flash Off, Wireless (with external flash sold seperately)
- Flash Type: Built-in flash. Sony a System Flash (Compatible with Multi Interface
Shoe and Auto-lock accessory shoe with the adaptor(ADP-
- MAA(Sold separately)))
- Guide Number: 6 (in meters at ISO 100 equivalent)
- Recycling Time: Approx. 4 sec.
- Focus System: Fast Hybrid AF (phase-detection AF/contrast-detection AF)
with "Exmor" APS HD CMOS sensor
- Focus Points: 99 points (phase-detection AF), 25 points (contrast-detection
- AF Modes: AF-S: Single-shot AF, AF-C: Continuous AF
- Focus Area: Multi Point (99 points(phase-detection AF), 25 points(contrast-AF)),
Center-weighted, Flexible Spot
- Focus Sensitivity: 0 EV to +20 EV (at ISO100 conversion with F2.8 lens attached)
- Manual Focus Assist: Yes MF assist (4.8x, 9.6x)
- Focus Features: Predictive control, Focus lock, Eye-Start AF (with LA-EA2(Sold
- AF Illuminator: Built-in, LED type (with a range of approx. 0.3-3.0m (with
E PZ16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS attached))
- AF micro adjustment: Yes, with LA-EA2 (sold separately)
- Imaging Sensor: Exmor™ APS HD CMOS sensor (23.5 X 15.6mm)
- Processor: BIONZ™ image processor
- Anti Dust: Charge protection coating on Optical Filter and ultrasonic vibration
- Pixel Gross: Approx. 16.7 megapixels
- Effective Picture Resolution: Approx. 16.1 megapixels
- Focal Length Conversion Factor: 1.5x
- Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
- Multi Interface Shoe: Yes
- Accessory Shoe: Yes (with the adaptor ADP-MAA(Sold separately)). Features
Multi Interface Shoe.
- BRAVIA® Sync™: Yes, via HDMI with compatible BRAVIA HDTV
- HD Output: HDMI® (TypeC mini), BRAVIA Sync, Photo TV HD
- Memory Card Slot: Dual slot: Memory Stick PRO Duo™/Pro-HG Duo™/PRO-HG
HX Duo™ media - SD, SDHC and SDXC memory card
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- USB Port(s): USB2.0 Hi-speed (mass-storage, MTP)
- LCD Type: 3.0" (7.5cm) wide type TFT (921,600 dots)
- Angle Adjustment: Up: Approx. 90 degrees, Down: Approx. 45 degrees
- Brightness Control: Manual (5 steps between -2 and +2), Sunny Weather mode
- Real-time image adjustment display: On/Off
- Peaking: Yes (Level setting: High/Mid/Low/Off, Color: White/Red/Yellow)
- Customization: Graphic display/Display all info/Big font size display/No
- Lens compensation: Peripheral Shading, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion
- Lens Type: E-mount 16-50mm F3.5-5.6
- Lens Mount Type: Sony E-mount lenses
- Aperture (Max.): f/3.5-5.6
- Aperture (Min.): f/22-36
- Digital Zoom: Approx. 4x (still images and movie) Smart Zoom (M: approx.
1.4x, S:approx. 2x)
- Smart Zoom® Technology: M: approx. 1.4x, S:approx. 2x
- Focal Length (35mm equivalent): 24mm-75mm (35mm equivalent)
- Filter Diameter: 40.5mm
- Lens Groups-Elements: 8 groups, 9 elements (4 aspheric surfaces)
- Minimum Focus Distance: 9.8" (0.25m)
- Angle of View: 83o - 32o
- Aperture Blade: 7 blades (Circular aperture)
- Aspheric Elements: (4 aspheric surfaces)
- Dimensions (Max. Diameter x Length): 2-5/8" x 1-13/16 (64.7 x 29.9mm)
- Distance Encoder: Yes
- Exterior Finish: Black
- Internal Motor: Yes (Stepping motor)
- Lens Weight: 4.1 oz (116g)
- Maximum Magnification: 0.215x
- Steady Shot Mode:Active: Lens-based Image Stabilization (OSS)
- Help guide: Yes
- Area Setting: Yes
- Clock Function,Setting: Yes
- Eye-Fi ready: Yes
- Shop Front Mode: Yes
- Battery Type: InfoLITHIUM® NP-FW50 (7.2V)
- Number of Still Images: Approx. 270 images (Viewfinder), Approx. 360 images(LCD
screen) (CIPA standard)
- Power Consumption (in Operation): Still images:approx. 2.5W(w/ E PZ16-50mm
F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies:approx.3.9W(w/ E 18-
- 55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached))
- Power Consumption (in View Finder Operation): Still images: approx. 3.3W(with
E PZ16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached), Movies:
- approx.4.1W(with E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS lens attached))
- Media Type: Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick PRO-HG Duo™, SD
memory card, SDHC memory card, SDXC memory card
- Color Space: sRGB, AdobeRGB
- Still Image Mode: JPEG (Standard, Fine), RAW, RAW+JPEG
- Still Image Size 16:9: L: 4912 x 2760 (14M), M: 3568 x 2000 (7.1M), S: 2448
x 1376 (3.4M)
- Still Image Size 3:2: L: 4912 x 3264 (16M),M: 3568 x 2368 (8.4M),S: 2448
x 1624 (4M)
- Panorama Still Image Size: Horizontal Wide: 12,416 x 1,856 (23M), Vertical
: 5,536 x 2,160 (12M), Horizontal Std: 8,192 x 1,856 (15M), Vertical Std:
3,872 x 2,160 (8.4M)
- Video Format: AVCHD Ver. 2.0 (Progressive), AVCHD, MP4
- Video Mode: AVCHD: PS - 1920 x 1080/60p@28Mbps FX - 1920 x 1080/60i@24Mbps
FH - 1920 x 1080/60i@17Mbps FX - 1920 x
- 1080/24p@24Mbps FH - 1920 x 1080/24p@17Mbps MP4: HD - 1440 x 1080/ 30fps@12Mbps
VGA - 640 x 480/ 30fps@3Mbps
- Audio Format: Dolby Digital (AC-3) / MPEG-4 AAC-LC, 2ch
- Microphone/Speaker: Built-in stereo microphones / Built-in, monaural speaker
(volume settings in 8 steps between 0 and 7)
- Still Image File Format: JPEG (DCF Ver. 2.0, Exif Ver.2.3, MPF Baseline
compliant), RAW (Sony ARW 2.3 format)
- Electronic Front Curtaion Shutter: Yes (On/Off)
- Operating System Compatibility: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, Windows
7 SP1, Mac OS X (v10.3-10.8)
- Type: 1.3 cm (0.5 type) Electronic viewfinder. 2,359,296 dots. Approx. 23mm
from the eyepiece, 21mm from the eyepiece frame at -1m-1(diopter). Display:
Basic info, levels, histogram. Brightness control: Auto, Manual (3 steps between
-1 and 1)
- Diopter Adjustment: -4m-1 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
- Field of View: 100% coverage
- PlayMemories Camera Apps: Yes
- Send to Computer: Yes
- View on Smartphone: Yes
- View on TV: Yes
In The Box
- 16-50mm SELP-1650 E-mount Power Zoom Lens
- NP-FW50 rechargeable battery
- AC-UB10 AC adaptor
- Shoulder strap
- Body cap
- Eyepiece cup
- Micro USB cable
- 4 3/4 x 2 3/4 x 1 1/16" (119.9 x 66.9 x 42.6mm) (WxHxD)
- Unit: 10.1 oz (287g) (excl battery & media) Approx. 12.2 oz (345g)
(w/battery & media)
- Shipping: 4 lbs.
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 1 Year Parts
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice