ViewSonic 23" Black LED Monitor, Model VA2342LED
What is a LED monitor?
The term "LED monitor" generally refers to a monitor with a LCD panel and a LED backlight. A typical LCD monitor uses cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFL) as a light source to illuminate the LCD panel. In an LED backlit monitor, white LEDs (Light Emitting Diodes) are used as the light source. Environmentally-friendly LED backlights provide the following benefits:
- About 50%* less power consumption compared to traditional CCFL monitor
- 10,000,000:1 MEGA Contrast Ratio
- Environmentally friendly mercury-free backlight
- Low EMI (Electro Magnetic Interference)
- Slimmer design
- Weight reduction
Save Cash and Save the Planet
With its mercury free backlight and low energy consumption, the ENERGY STAR 5.0 certified VA2342-LED is not only environmentally friendly but also friendly on your electricity bill as well. This can add up to thousands of dollars saved for large install bases, such as big corporate buildings or schools, the savings can be as dramatic as $20,000* in five years!
MEGA Dynamic Contrast Ratio
One of the great features of VA2342-LED is its ability to dim the backlight completely for pure darkness during dark scenes such as a night shot in a movie. Contrast ratios refer to the ratio of the brightest color to the darkest color. With traditional CCFL backlit displays, contrast ratios are limited to the fluorescent lamp’s ability to dim in order to reproduce darkness. However, with the LED backlight, each LED has the ability to completely shut off allowing for a near infinite ratio of black to white contrast. The end result is true blacks that result in greater overall image quality.
Pair it with a ViewSonic or Mac computer
One of the key advantages of the VA2342-LED monitor is its diverse connectivity options, making it flexible to be paired with a PC or a Mac computer. Now you can hook up any Viewsonic PC as well as a MacBook or a Mac Mini to the VA2342-LED and enjoy a full 24" (23.6" viewable) widescreen with LED backlight!
The VA2342-LED features a 100 x 100 mm VESA mountable design that allows you to mount it on a monitor stand or on a wall, depending on your specific needs. You can detach the base easily by unscrewing four screws and then mounting the display on its new stand or wall mount.
Eco-mode for up to 35% energy savings
ViewSonic’s proprietary Eco-mode function comes standard with the VA2342-LED. When you don’t need all of the powerful features the VA2342-LED has to offer, you have the option to reduce the monitor’s brightness, save energy, save the planet and prolong the lamp life. You can select one of the “Optimize” or “Conserve” options and save up to 35%* energy. Especially under low ambient light conditions, adjusting the brightness will improve visibility by reducing eye fatigue. Reducing brightness will also prolong the monitor’s lamp life, improving your return on investment.
Industry leading pixel performance guarantee
One of the aspects that makes ViewSonic a market leader in displays is its dedication to quality. ViewSonic is committed to use the highest grade panels and and offer an industry leading pixel performance policy. We also back our displays with a 3-year limited warranty for your peace of mind.
- Type 23" Wide Color TFT Active Matrix LCD
- Display Area 20.0" horizontal x 11.3" vertical; 23.0" diagonal
- Optimum Resolution 1920 x 1080 Full HD
- Contrast Ratio 1000:1 (typ) / 10M:1 DCR
- Viewing Angles 170° horizontal, 160° vertical
- Response Time 5ms (typ)
- Light Source WLED, 30,000 hrs. (typ)
- Brightness 250 cd/m2 (typ.)
- Panel Surface Anti-glare, hard-coating (3H)
- Analog/Digital RGB analog (75 ohms, 0.7/1.0 Vp-p) / DVI-D (TMDS, 100 ohms)
- Frequency Fh: 24~83kHz, Fv: 50~76Hz
- Sync H/V separated (TTL)
- PC VGA up to 1920x1080 non-interlaced
- Mac® Power Mac™ up to 1920x1080
- Analog/Digital 15-pin mini D-sub (VGA) / DVI-D
- Power Internal Power Board, 3-pin plub (CEE22)
- Voltage AC 100–240V (universal), +/-10% Wide Range
- Consumption 22W (typ)
- Eco Mode 19W (Optimize) / 16W (Conserve)
- Power Save Mode ≤ 1W
- Basic Power, 1, up, down, 2
- OSD Auto Image Adjust, Contrast/Brightness, Input Select (D-SUB, DVI), Color Adjust (sRGB, 9300K, 7500K, 6500K, 5000K, User Color [R, G, B]), Information, Manual Image Adjust (H/V Position, Horizontal Size, Fine Tune, Sharpness, Dynamic Contrast, Response Time, Aspect Ratio, Eco-mode), Setup Menu (Language, Resolution Notice, OSD Position, OSD Timeout, OSD Background, Auto Power Off), Memory Recall
- Temperature 32–104º F (0–40º C)
- Humidity 10–90% (non-condensing)
- Tilt Forward 5º, Back 15º
- Vesa Mount
100mm x 100mm
UL, CUL, FCC-B (ICES), CB, CCC, CEL, WEEE, RoHS, ENERGY STAR® 5.0, EPEAT-Silver, Windows 7
- Recycle/Disposal Please dispose of in accordance with local, state
or federal laws.
- Package Contents VA2342-LED Display, Power Adapter, Power Cable, VGA Cable, ViewSonic Wizard CD-ROM, Quick Start Guide
- Power Management ENERGY STAR® standards, EPEAT SIlver
- Included Accessories
- LED Display
- Power Adapter
- Power Cable
- VGA Cable
- ViewSonic Wizard CD-ROM
- Quick Start Guide
- With Stand
- Height: 16.3"
- Width: 21.6"
- Depth: 6.5"
- Without Stand
- Height: 13.1"
- Width: 21.6"
- Depth: 1.5"
- With Stand: 5.6 lbs
- Without Stand: 5 lbs
- Shipping: 8.4 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): Three Years Limited