XBR65X900A - Sony 4K 65" Ultra High Definition TV
The lines between reality and entertainment are being blurred with the new XBR series of 4K TVs from Sony. Displaying video with breathtaking Ultra High Definition resolution—four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p—the Sony XBR-65X900A 4K TV will bring you images with a realism you've never before experienced.
4K Resolution, for Unmatched Image Quality
Like a machine sent from the future, the Sony 4K XBR-65X900A was created with one purpose in mind: provide the absolute best picture possible in an LED TV. The Ultra HD screen boasts a native resolution of 3,840 x 2,160 for over 8 Million individual pixels. That's four times as many pixels as a 1080p TV, meaning four times the image information, giving you a picture with four times as much detail. Combined with Sony's proprietary TRILUMINOS display technology, which accurately recreates billions of shades of colors, the XBR-65X900A 4K television presents a viewing experience that has to be seen to be believed. Movies rendered in 4K resolution will appear so lifelike, you'd think you were transported into another world. Even a simple 1080p video source is given new life, as Sony's 4K-Reality PRO processor upconverts it to 4K resolution.
Built-in Wi-Fi + Sony Entertainment Network = Unlimited Entertainment
Complementing the hardware are a variety of processing technologies that further enhance the entertainment experience. SimulView leverages the XBR-65X900A's 3D capabilities and 4k resolution to deliver an innovative split-screen option for gamers. When playing a multi-player game, each viewer dons a pair of Sony 3D glasses, and the XBR-65X900A will simultaneously display both player's screen, across the full size of the TV screen. Each player sees only his own screen, in Full HD. Sports fans and action movie lovers will appreciate Sony's Motionflow XR 960 technology, which ensures even the fastest-moving action is rendered with complete clarity, and without any streaks or ghosting.
Of course, like many Sony products, the XBR-65X900A is more than just a television; it is a complete multimedia entertainment hub. Built-in Wi-Fi makes this 4K TV your portal to the internet, and the endless entertainment it contains. A suite of apps, like Netflix, Youtube, Facebook and more replicate your smartphone apps on glorious 65-inch UHDTV display. If you've got an app on your phone that's not available in the Sony Entertainment Network, three different connection modes let you mirror your phone content on the TV screen. And if that's still not enough for you, you'll also have easy access to all of the photos, videos and data stored on your home's Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
Known for always being on the frontlines of entertainment innovation, the XBR-65X900A 4K TV is a perfect example of how Sony continues to push the envelope. With unparalleled image quality and a wealth of internet-enabled features, this a TV truly unlike any other available today.
That’s right—four times clearer than Full HD 1080p1. Get acquainted
with the highest resolution picture Sony has ever produced on a TV. With four
times more resolution than Full HD, the 4K Ultra HD screen contains over 8
million individual pixels (3,840 x 2,160). Advanced picture processing ensures
that every one of those pixels displays images with superb brightness and
Suddenly, everything looks better. Now even old movies and smartphone video
clips are enhanced with stunning results. The new 4K X-Reality™ PRO chip
enhances HD (or lower resolution) images by analyzing and refining images
with beautifully natural detail and astounding color. The latest Reality Creation
database and Super Resolution processing breathes new life into everything
you see with phenomenal 4K (3,840 x 2,160) resolution2.
More brilliant color than ever before
Spoil yourself with the widest color spectrum we’ve ever offered on a
television. Unique to Sony, TRILUMINOS Display technology creates incredibly
true, natural shades of colors— just the way you want them. Hard-to-reproduce
reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes
and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with natural skin tones.
It’s all thanks to a new TRILUMINOS display that gives images a heightened
sense of depth.
These aren’t the TV speakers you’re used to. Unique to Sony TVs,
Magnetic Fluid Speaker technology allows a thinner, more efficient loudspeaker
that offers faithful reproduction of high-fidelity sound. The frontfacing
speaker system directs sound right at you with 65 watts of power3. S-Force®
Front Surround 3D simulates 5.1 sound, with an enlarged sweet spot that everyone
in the room can enjoy.
The difference is dynamic.
It's all about perfecting a natural look. Dynamic Edge LED backlighting with
local dimming delivers pitch-black night scenes and illuminates bright scenes.
Rather than illuminating the entire screen, contrast is boosted in just the
right areas for a more realistic picture.
Movies in 4K Ultra HD
Get the most out of your 4K Ultra HD TV with feature films in true 4K resolution
only from Sony. The 4K Media Player (sold separately) comes preloaded with
10 feature films and video shorts. Coming soon is the Sony 4K network video
service offering access to a library of 4K movies and TV show titles9 –
Watch the sprinter break off the blocks and race smoothly as the camera follows
him from left to right. Even quick motion seen in action movies appears amazingly
realistic as Motionflow™ XR 960 technology, which takes motion clarity
beyond refresh rates, smoothes out the picture where the camera can't for
clearer and more natural movement.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your
TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the X900A, Sony
is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own. 1. Using a
Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect your smartphone to the
TV to literally “mirror” what’s seen on the smartphone screen.
Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV screen.
You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it’s charging
from the TV11. 2. Using screen mirroring technology, you can connect phones
that are Miracast™ enabled to the TV10. 3. Using One-touch mirroring
with NFC technology, briefly place your compatible Xperia™ smartphone
to the onetouch remote. You’ll instantly be able to view exactly what
is on your smartphone’s screen on the TV4.
Go way beyond cable with built-in Wi-Fi®
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the internet or
your home network using built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity and open the door
to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands
of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always at your fingertips.
By connecting to the Internet you can access Full HD 1080p entertainment,
3D content and made-for-TV apps like Netflix®, Pandora®, YouTube™,
Facebook® and more.5
Custom control installations.
RS-232C and IR-in for custom control installations.
There's 3D, then there's 3D with 4K (3,840 x 2,160). Life-like 3D images emerge
from the 4K screen screen with realism that makes your heart race. The level
of detail is absolutely stunning—it's the closest thing to a 3D theater
in your living room. Light, comfortable, passive 3D glasses offer superb image
quality and a noticeable step above anything you've ever experienced at home.6
Twice the fun: 2 player games with no split screen
Say goodbye to split screen. Now you and a friend can both experience your
own big-screen view of the action as you play nail-biting games on your PlayStation®3
system. SimulView™ gaming presents two separate Full HD pictures: each
player watches independently through light easy to wear optional Simulview
glasses that don’t need batteries.7 There’s already a growing choice
of SimulViewTM game titles available.
Control your TV with your smartphone or tablet
Get more from watching television with TV SideView. Control the TV or browse
the channel guide with your smartphone, Xperia™ Tablet or other tablet
device (Android or iOS), all without interfering with what you’re watching
on the TV. Learn more about the show you’re watching right now, like
cast and episode details. Search what’s available to watch on TV, internet
videos and apps like Netflix®. Once you find what you want to watch, you
can select to view it on the TV. Make TV viewing more social by Tweeting about
the show from your mobile device8.
Photos are better with 4K.
See more details in your DSLR photos (8MP+) with 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160).
View, share and edit photo memories with PlayMemories Studio™ software
and your PlayStation®3 system on the TV screen. Scroll effortlessly through
your image collection. Pinpoint images by date and time, smiles or location.
Everything’s smooth and speedy, thanks to the immense processing power
of the PlayStation®3 system.10
Life-sized video calls.
It's like they're in the room with you. Skype® video calls bring your
family and friends closer than ever as they appear as large as life on your
big screen— for free.5 Just connect the easyto- use Skype camera (sold
separately) for a face-to-face look at the caller on the beauty of your Sony
You will never lose your TV manual again. The iManual is available through
the menu system on the TV – always there if you need it.
- 3D: Passive - 4 pairs of passive glasses included.
- 3D Format Support: Yes(2K-only)
- 3D Super-resolution: Yes
- Auto 3D Depth Adjustment: Yes
- Simulated 3D: Yes
- Audio Power Output: 12.5W+12.5W+20W+20W
- Speaker Configuration: 2.2ch, Two way speaker[Tweeter(18mm)x2, Woofer(Magnetic
Fluid Speaker, 80mm)x2] + Sub Woofer(70mm)x2
- Speaker Position: Side
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out: Yes
- 5.1ch Through Out (Handycam): Yes
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- Alternate Audio (Digital): Yes
- Audio Out: Fixed/Variable
- Clear Phase Speaker: Yes
- Dolby®: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse
- Headphone/Speaker Link: Yes
- Magnetic Fluid Speaker: Yes
- S-Master: Yes
- Signal-to-Sound Architecture: Yes
- Simulated Stereo: Yes
- Sony Original Surround: S-Force Front Surround 3D
- Sound Booster: Yes
- Sound Enhancer: Yes
- Sound Mode: Standard
- Sound Mode: Cinema
- Sound Mode: Sports
- Sound Mode: Music
- Sound Mode: Game
- Sound Mode: Compressed Audio
- Stereo System: MTS(AUTO SAP)
- Auto Photo Mode: Yes
- Auto Shut-off: Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™: Yes
- Channel Block (with password): Analog & Digital
- Channel Jump: Yes
- Channel Surf: Yes
- Edit Channel Labels: Yes
- Info Banner: Yes
- Input Skip: Auto
- Label Inputs: Yes
- Multiple Language Display: English/Spanish /French
- On-Screen Clock: Yes
- On-Screen Display for External Input: Yes
- On-Screen Operating Instructions: Yes
- On/Off Timer: Yes
- Panorama: Yes (2K only)
- Parental Control: Yes
- Picture Adjustments Lock: Yes
- Picture Frame Mode: Yes
- Scene Select: Photo
- Scene Select: Music
- Scene Select: Cinema
- Scene Select: Game
- Scene Select: Graphics
- Scene Select: Sports
- Scene Select: Animation
- Show/Hide Channels: Yes
- Skin Naturalizer: Yes (2K only)
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Twin Picture: PAP(Variable)
- USB Play: Yes (USB viewer supports FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS file systems.)
- USB Play (Contents): MPEG1/ MPEG2PS/ MPEG2TS/ AVCHD/ MP4Part10/ MP4Part2/
AVI(XVID)/ AVI(MotinJpeg)/ MOV/ WMV/ MKV/ WEBM/ 3GPP/ MP3/ WMA/ WAV/ JPEG/
- USB Super Multi-Format Play: Yes
- Illumination LED: Yes
- Sense of QUARTZ: Yes
- Stand Design: Circle / Chrome Plating
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Resolution: 4K(3840x2160)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: over 1 million
- Screen Size (cm): 163.9cm
- Screen Size (measured diagonally): 65"(64.5")
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left): 178(89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down): 178(89/89)
- Backlight Type: LED
- Dimming Type: Local Dimming
- Display Device: LCD
- OptiContrast Panel: Yes
- Triluminos Display: Yes
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Backlight Off Mode: Yes
- Dynamic Backlight Control: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Closed Captions (CC): Closed Caption
- Demo Mode: Yes
- Finish (Surface Color): Black
- HDMI™ InstaPort: Yes
- Hotel Mode Menu: Yes
- Start Up Sony Logo Display: Yes
Inputs and Outputs
- AC Power Input: 1(Rear)
- Analog Audio Input(s) (Total): 2 (Rear)
- Audio Out: 1 (Side/Hybrid w/HP)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): 1 (Rear/Hybrid)
- Composite Video Input(s): 2 (1Rear/1Rear Hybrid w/Component)
- Digital Audio Output(s): 1(Rear)
- Ethernet Connection(s): 1 (Vertical)
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total): 4
- HDMI™ PC Input: Yes
- Headphone Output(s): 1 (Side/Hybrid w/Audio Out)
- MHL: Yes
- RF Connection Input(s): 1 (Bottom)
- RS-232C Input(s): 1 (Side / Stereo Mini Jack)
- USB 2.0: 3port
- BIVL (System): Yes
- DLNA Content: MPEG1/MPEG2PS/MPEG2TS/AVCHD/MP4Part10/MP4Part2/AVI(XVID)/AVI(MotinJpeg)/MOV/WMV/MKV/WEBM/3GPP/MP3/WMA/LPCM/JPEG/MPO
- Fast Zapping: Yes
- Google TV Sync: YES(US/CA/MX)
- Internet_Browser: Yes(Opera)
- One-touch mirroring: Yes
- Opera Apps (System): Yes
- Related Search: Yes
- Screen mirroring: Yes
- Seamless Streaming: Yes
- Skype™: Ready
- Sony Entertainment Network: Yes
- TV SideView™: Yes
- TV Tweet: Yes
- Text search: Yes
- Wi-Fi Certified: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Integrated
- X2 Widget (System): Yes
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: 338W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): 0.20W
- Power Requirements (frequency): 60Hz for UL cUL 50/60Hz for other
- Power Requirements (voltage): AC 120V for UL cUL AC 110-240V for other
Regulation and Standards Compliance
- VESA® Hole Spacing Compatible: Yes
- LightSensor™ Technology: Yes
- Channel Coverage (Analog): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Cable): CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69
- Color System: NTSC
- Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable): 1(Digital/Analog)
- TV System (Digital Cable): Clear QAM
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial): ATSC
- Video Signal: 3840x2160/24p
- Video Signal: 3840x2160/25p
- Video Signal: 3840x2160/30p
- Video Signal: 4096x2160/24p
- Video Signal: 1080/24p (HDMI only)
- Video Signal: 1080/60i
- Video Signal: 1080/60p(HDMI / Component)
- Video Signal: 480/60i
- Video Signal: 480/60p
- Video Signal: 720/60p
- Video Signal: 1080/30p (HDMI only)
- Video Signal: 720/30p (HDMI only)
- Video Signal: 720/24p (HDMI only)
- 24p True Cinema™ Technology: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 4:3 Default: Yes
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE): Yes
- Auto Wide: Yes
- Blinking Type: Frame Blinking
- CineMotion® Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology: Yes
- Clear Mode: Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- Face Area Detection: Yes (2K only)
- Impulse Mode: Yes
- Intelligent MPEG Noise Reduction: Yes (2K only)
- Intelligent Picture Optimizer: Yes
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Yes
- Motionflow™ Technology: Motionflow XR 960
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- Picture Mode: Vivid
- Picture Mode: Standard
- Picture Mode: Custom
- Picture Mode: Photo-Vivid
- Picture Mode: Photo-Standard
- Picture Mode: Photo-Original
- Picture Mode: Photo-Custom
- Picture Mode: Cinema1
- Picture Mode: Cinema2
- Picture Mode: Game-Standard
- Picture Mode: Game-Original
- Picture Mode: Graphics
- Picture Mode: Sports
- Picture Mode: Animation
- Portable Game Mode: Fine Normal
- Portable Game Mode: PortableGame1
- Portable Game Mode: PortableGame2
- Scene Optimized Energy Saving: Yes
- SimulView™: Yes (TDG-SV5P required)
- Super-resolution for Game Mode: Yes
- Video Area Detection: Yes (2K only)
- Video Processing: 4K X-Reality PRO
- Wide Mode: Full
- Wide Mode: Normal
- Wide Mode: Wide Zoom
- Wide Mode: Zoom
- Wide Mode: Caption
- Wide Mode: Normal/Full1/Full2 for PC
- TV Only (W x H x D): 66 1/4 x 34 1/2 x 4(2 3/8) inch
- TV with Stand (W x H x D): 66 1/4 x 35 5/8 x 16 inch
- TV Only: 99.2 lbs
- TV With Stand: 102.3 lbs
- Shipping: 134 lbs
- Manufacturers Warranty (authorized online retailer): 18 Months Parts
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above
- Actual panel resolution of XBR-X900A 4K Ultra HD TV is 3,840 x 2,160 pixels
(in 16:9 aspect ratio). HDTVs have a panel resolution of 1,920 x 1080 pixels.
- Simulated 4K image will vary based on source content.
- 65 Watts total power (20+20+12.5+12.5)
- Requires compatible Near Field Communication (NFC)-enabled Xperia™
smartphone. Certain formats are not supported.
- Broadband speed of at least 2.5 Mbps recommended (10 Mbps for HD). Content
subject to change and may require fees. Wireless connectivity requires 802.11
home network (802.11n recommended). Skype requires CMU-BR100 camera sold sep.
Subject to Skype's terms and conditions.
- Requires 3D content, 3D player and HDMI® cable (at least 10.2 Gbps)
- PS3 system and SimulView glasses sold sep.
- Requires devices connected to the same wireless home network.
- Ethernet connection required. Fees may apply for 4K networked video service.
- Requires PS3 system, PlayMemories Studio software and HDMI® cable (at
least 10.2 Gbps) sold sep.
- Requires Mobile High Definition Link-compatible smartphone to be connected
to the TV with a Mobile High Definition Link cable, sold separately.
- Requires smartphone with Wi-Fi® certified Miracast™ technology.
Certain formats are not supported.
Features and specifications are subject to change without notice.