Sony 4K 55" Ultra High Definition LED TV, Model XBR55X900A
The new Sony XBR55X900A brings out entertainment like never before. The new XBR series of 4K TVs from Sony display video with breathtaking Ultra High Definition resolution—four times the resolution of Full HD 1080p—it will bring the ultimate viewing experience to your living room like never before..
4K Resolution, for the ULTIMATE in High Definition
The Sony 4K XBR55X900A was developed with one purpose in mind: provide the absolute best picture possible in an LED TV. The "4" in 4K stands for four-times the resolution of standard High Definition. Combined with Sony's proprietary TRILUMINOS display technology, which accurately recreates billions of shades of colors, the XBR55X900A 4K television presents a viewing experience that has to be seen to be believed. Movies can now be rendered in 4K resolution will appear so lifelike, you'd think you were transported into another world. Even a simple 1080p video source is given new life, as Sony's 4K-Reality PRO processor up converts it to 4K resolution. With the enhanced Sony 3D TV capabilities, you can immerse yourself in your favorite programs.
Built-in Wi-Fi + Sony Entertainment Network = Unlimited Entertainment
Complementing the hardware are a variety of processing technologies that further enhance the entertainment experience. SimulView leverages the XBR55X900A's 3D capabilities and 4k resolution to deliver an innovative split-screen option for gamers. When playing a multi-player game, each viewer dons a pair of Sony 3D glasses, and the XBR55X900A will simultaneously display both player's screen, across the full size of the TV screen. Each player sees only his own screen, in Full HD. Sports fans and action movie lovers will appreciate Sony's Motionflow XR 960 technology, which ensures even the fastest-moving action is rendered with complete clarity, and without any streaks or ghosting.
Of course, like many Sony products, the XBR-55X900A is more than just a television; it is a complete multimedia entertainment hub. Built-in Wi-Fi makes this 4K TV your portal to the internet, and the endless entertainment it contains. A suite of apps, like Netflix, Youtube, Facebook and more replicate your smartphone apps on glorious 55-inch UHDTV display. If you've got an app on your phone that's not available in the Sony Entertainment Network, three different connection modes let you mirror your phone content on the TV screen. And if that's still not enough for you, you'll also have easy access to all of the photos, videos and data stored on your home's Network-Attached Storage (NAS).
Known for always being on the frontlines of entertainment innovation, the XBR-55X900A 4K TV is a perfect example of how Sony continues to push the envelope. With unparalleled image quality and a wealth of internet-enabled features, this a TV truly unlike any other available today.
- 4K Ultra HD – four times the clarity of Full HD 1080p
- Everything you watch is enhanced for 4K Ultra HD viewing1, 2
- More brilliant color than ever with TRILUMINOS display
- Front-facing speakers with 65 watts of powerful sound
- Built-in Wi-Fi® for streaming HD entertainment
- Feature films in true 4K resolution only from Sony
- Dynamic Edge LED backlight for amazing contrast
- Experience precise motion clarity w/ Motionflow™ XR 960
- Your smartphone screen on TV w/ NFC screen mirroring
- Movies, music & apps on Sony Entertainment Network
- RS-232 and IR in for custom control installs
- Enjoy Full HD 3D with 4 pairs of passive glasses
- SimulViewTM technology presents twice the fun: 2 player games with no split screen.
- TV SideView app to control your TV and channel guide
- See more details in your DSLR photos (8MP+) with 4K resolution
That’s right—four times clearer than Full HD 1080p. Get acquainted with the highest resolution picture Sony has ever produced on a TV. With four times more resolution than Full HD, the 4K Ultra HD screen contains over 8 million individual pixels (3,840 x 2,160). Advanced picture processing ensures that every one of those pixels displays images with superb brightness and authentic detail.
Suddenly, everything looks better. Now even old movies and smartphone video clips are enhanced with stunning results. The new 4K X-Reality™ PRO chip enhances HD (or lower resolution) images by analyzing and refining images with beautifully natural detail and astounding color. The latest Reality Creation database and Super Resolution processing breathes new life into everything you see with phenomenal 4K (3,840 x 2,160) resolution.
More brilliant color than ever before
Spoil yourself with the widest color spectrum we’ve ever offered on a television. Unique to Sony, TRILUMINOS Display technology creates incredibly true, natural shades of colors— just the way you want them. Hard-to-reproduce reds, aqua blues and emerald greens are displayed beautifully, so landscapes and seascapes look more vivid. Faces look better, too, with natural skin tones. It’s all thanks to a new TRILUMINOS display that gives images a heightened sense of depth.
These aren’t the TV speakers you’re used to. Unique to Sony TVs, Magnetic Fluid Speaker technology allows a thinner, more efficient loudspeaker that offers faithful reproduction of high-fidelity sound. The frontfacing speaker system directs sound right at you with 65 watts of power. S-Force® Front Surround 3D simulates 5.1 sound, with an enlarged sweet spot that everyone in the room can enjoy.
The difference is dynamic.
It's all about perfecting a natural look. Dynamic Edge LED backlighting with local dimming delivers pitch-black night scenes and illuminates bright scenes. Rather than illuminating the entire screen, contrast is boosted in just the right areas for a more realistic picture.
Movies in 4K Ultra HD
Get the most out of your 4K Ultra HD TV with feature films in true 4K resolution only from Sony. The 4K Media Player (sold separately) comes preloaded with 10 feature films and video shorts. Coming soon is the Sony 4K network video service offering access to a library of 4K movies and TV show titles – Available 2013.
Watch the sprinter break off the blocks and race smoothly as the camera follows him from left to right. Even quick motion seen in action movies appears amazingly realistic as Motionflow™ XR 960 technology, which takes motion clarity beyond refresh rates, smoothes out the picture where the camera can't for clearer and more natural movement.
Your smartphone, now on TV
Movies, music and apps from your smartphone can now be viewed big on your TV. With three ways to connect Android phones and tablets to the X900A, Sony is helping you add value to the entertainment you already own. 1. Using a Mobile High Definition Link cable, you can connect your smartphone to the TV to literally “mirror” what’s seen on the smartphone screen. Video, photos and apps are re-sized and scaled to fit the larger TV screen. You can then use the TV remote to navigate the phone, while it’s charging from the TV. 2. Using screen mirroring technology, you can connect phones that are Miracast™ enabled to the TV. 3. Using One-touch mirroring with NFC technology, briefly place your compatible Xperia™ smartphone to the onetouch remote. You’ll instantly be able to view exactly what is on your smartphone’s screen on the TV.
Go way beyond cable with built-in Wi-Fi®
Wirelessly stream beautiful, HD entertainment straight from the internet or your home network using built-in Wi-Fi® connectivity and open the door to the endless entertainment of the Sony Entertainment Network, where thousands of movies, TV shows, online videos, games and music are always at your fingertips. By connecting to the Internet you can access Full HD 1080p entertainment, 3D content and made-for-TV apps like Netflix®, Pandora®, YouTube™, Facebook® and more.
Custom control installations.
RS-232C and IR-in for custom control installations.
There's 3D, then there's 3D with 4K (3,840 x 2,160). Life-like 3D images emerge from the 4K screen screen with realism that makes your heart race. The level of detail is absolutely stunning—it's the closest thing to a 3D theater in your living room. Light, comfortable, passive 3D glasses offer superb image quality and a noticeable step above anything you've ever experienced at home.
Twice the fun: 2 player games with no split screen
Say goodbye to split screen. Now you and a friend can both experience your own big-screen view of the action as you play nail-biting games on your PlayStation®3 system. SimulView™ gaming presents two separate Full HD pictures: each player watches independently through light easy to wear optional Simulview glasses that don’t need batteries. There’s already a growing choice of SimulViewTM game titles available.
Control your TV with your smartphone or tablet
Get more from watching television with TV SideView. Control the TV or browse the channel guide with your smartphone, Xperia™ Tablet or other tablet device (Android or iOS), all without interfering with what you’re watching on the TV. Learn more about the show you’re watching right now, like cast and episode details. Search what’s available to watch on TV, internet videos and apps like Netflix®. Once you find what you want to watch, you can select to view it on the TV. Make TV viewing more social by Tweeting about the show from your mobile device
Photos are better with 4K.
See more details in your DSLR photos (8MP+) with 4K resolution (3,840 x 2,160). View, share and edit photo memories with PlayMemories Studio™ software and your PlayStation®3 system on the TV screen. Scroll effortlessly through your image collection. Pinpoint images by date and time, smiles or location. Everything’s smooth and speedy, thanks to the immense processing power of the PlayStation®3 system.
Life-sized video calls.
It's like they're in the room with you. Skype® video calls bring your family and friends closer than ever as they appear as large as life on your big screen— for free. Just connect the easyto- use Skype camera (sold separately) for a face-to-face look at the caller on the beauty of your Sony HDTV.
You will never lose your TV manual again. The iManual is available through the menu system on the TV – always there if you need it.
- 3D: Passive
- 3D Format Support: Yes(2K-only)
- 3D Super-resolution: Yes
- Auto 3D Depth Adjustment: Yes
- Simulated 3D: Yes
- Audio Power Output: 12.5W+12.5W+20W+20W
- Speaker Configuration: 2.2ch, Two way speaker[Tweeter(18mm)x2, Woofer(Magnetic Fluid Speaker, 80mm)x2] + Sub Woofer(70mm)x2
- Speaker Position: Side
- 5.1 Channel Audio Out: Yes
- 5.1ch Through Out (Handycam): Yes
- Advanced Auto Volume: Yes
- Alternate Audio (Digital): Yes
- Audio Out: Fixed/Variable
- Clear Phase Speaker: Yes
- Dolby®: Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby Pulse
- Headphone/Speaker Link: Yes
- Magnetic Fluid Speaker: Yes
- S-Master: Yes
- Signal-to-Sound Architecture: Yes
- Simulated Stereo: Yes
- Sony Original Surround: S-Force Front Surround 3D
- Sound Booster: Yes
- Sound Enhancer: Yes
- Sound Mode: Standard
- Sound Mode: Cinema
- Sound Mode: Sports
- Sound Mode: Music
- Sound Mode: Game
- Sound Mode: Compressed Audio
- Stereo System: MTS(AUTO SAP)
- Max Qty of carton stacking (vertical): 6
- Auto Photo Mode: Yes
- Auto Shut-off: Yes
- BRAVIA® Sync™: Yes
- Channel Block (with password): Analog & Digital
- Channel Jump: Yes
- Channel Surf: Yes
- Edit Channel Labels: Yes
- Info Banner: Yes
- Input Skip: Auto
- Label Inputs: Yes
- Multiple Language Display: English/Spanish /French
- On-Screen Clock: Yes
- On-Screen Display for External Input: Yes
- On-Screen Operating Instructions: Yes
- On/Off Timer: Yes
- Panorama: Yes (2K only)
- Parental Control: Yes
- Picture Adjustments Lock: Yes
- Picture Frame Mode: Yes
- Scene Select: Photo
- Scene Select: Music
- Scene Select: Cinema
- Scene Select: Game
- Scene Select: Graphics
- Scene Select: Sports
- Scene Select: Animation
- Show/Hide Channels: Yes
- Skin Naturalizer: Yes (2K only)
- Sleep Timer: Yes
- Twin Picture: PAP(Variable)
- USB Play: Yes (USB viewer supports FAT16, FAT32, exFAT and NTFS file systems.)
- USB Play (Contents): MPEG1/ MPEG2PS/ MPEG2TS/ AVCHD/ MP4Part10/ MP4Part2/ AVI(XVID)/ AVI(MotinJpeg)/ MOV/ WMV/ MKV/ WEBM/ 3GPP/ MP3/ WMA/ WAV/ JPEG/ MPO
- USB Super Multi-Format Play: Yes
- Illumination LED: Yes
- Sense of QUARTZ: Yes
- Stand Design: Circle / Chrome Plating
- Aspect Ratio: 16:9
- Display Resolution: 4K(3840x2160)
- Dynamic Contrast Ratio: over 1 million
- Screen Size (cm): 138.8cm
- Screen Size (measured diagonally): 55"(54.6")
- Viewing Angle (Right/Left): 178(89/89)
- Viewing Angle (Up/Down): 178(89/89)
- Backlight Type: LED
- Dimming Type: Local Dimming
- Display Device: LCD
- OptiContrast Panel: Yes
- Triluminos Display: Yes
Energy Saving & Efficiency
- Backlight Off Mode: Yes
- Dynamic Backlight Control: Yes
- Audio Return Channel: Yes
- Closed Captions (CC): Closed Caption
- Demo Mode: Yes
- Finish (Surface Color): Black
- HDMI™ InstaPort: Yes
- Hotel Mode Menu: Yes
- Start Up Sony Logo Display: Yes
Inputs and Outputs
- AC Power Input: 1(Rear)
- Analog Audio Input(s) (Total): 2 (Rear)
- Audio Out: 1 (Side/Hybrid w/HP)
- Component Video (Y/Pb/Pr) Input(s): 1 (Rear/Hybrid)
- Composite Video Input(s): 2 (1Rear/1Rear Hybrid w/Component)
- Digital Audio Output(s): 1(Rear)
- Ethernet Connection(s): 1 (Vertical)
- HDMI™ Connection(s) (Total): 4
- HDMI™ PC Input: Yes
- Headphone Output(s): 1 (Side/Hybrid w/Audio Out)
- MHL: Yes
- RF Connection Input(s): 1 (Bottom)
- RS-232C Input(s): 1 (Side / Stereo Mini Jack)
- USB 2.0: 3port
- BIVL (System): Yes
- DLNA Content: MPEG1/ MPEG2PS/ MPEG2TS/ AVCHD/ MP4Part10/ MP4Part2/ AVI(XVID)/ AVI(MotinJpeg)/ MOV/ WMV/ MKV/ WEBM/ 3GPP/ MP3/ WMA/ LPCM/ JPEG/ MPO
- Fast Zapping: Yes
- Google TV Sync: YES(US/CA/MX)
- Internet_Browser: Yes(Opera)
- One-touch mirroring: Yes
- Opera Apps (System): Yes
- Related Search: Yes
- Screen mirroring: Yes
- Seamless Streaming: Yes
- Skype™: Ready
- Sony Entertainment Network: Yes
- TV SideView™: Yes
- TV Tweet: Yes
- Text search: Yes
- Wi-Fi Certified: Yes
- Wi-Fi Direct: Yes
- Wireless LAN: Integrated
- X2 Widget (System): Yes
- Power Consumption (in Operation) max.: 268W
- Power Consumption (in Standby): 0.20W
- Power Requirements (frequency): 60Hz for UL cUL 50/60Hz for other
- Power Requirements (voltage): AC 120V for UL cUL AC 110-240V for other
Regulation and Standards Compliance
- VESA® Hole Spacing Compatible: Yes
- LightSensor™ Technology: Yes
- Channel Coverage (Analog): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69/CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Cable): CATV: 1-135
- Channel Coverage (Digital Terrestrial): VHF: 2-13/UHF: 14-69
- Color System: NTSC
- Number of Tuners (Terrestrial/Cable): 1(Digital/Analog)
- TV System (Digital Cable): Clear QAM
- TV System (Digital Terrestrial): ATSC
- Video Signal:
- 1080/24p (HDMI only)
- 1080/60p(HDMI / Component)
- 1080/30p (HDMI only)
- 720/30p (HDMI only)
- 720/24p (HDMI only)
- 24p True Cinema™ Technology: Yes
- 3D Comb Filter: Yes
- 4:3 Default: Yes
- Advanced Contrast Enhancer (ACE): Yes
- Auto Wide: Yes
- Blinking Type: Frame Blinking
- CineMotion® Reverse 3:2 Pulldown Technology: Yes
- Clear Mode: Yes
- Deep Color: Yes
- Face Area Detection: Yes (2K only)
- Impulse Mode: Yes
- Intelligent MPEG Noise Reduction: Yes (2K only)
- Intelligent Picture Optimizer: Yes
- MPEG Noise Reduction: Yes
- Motionflow™ Technology: Motionflow XR 960
- PhotoTV HD: Yes
- Picture Modes
- Portable Game Modes
- Fine Normal
- Scene Optimized Energy Saving: Yes
- SimulView™: Yes (TDG-SV5P required)
- Super-resolution for Game Mode: Yes
- Video Area Detection: Yes (2K only)
- Video Processing: 4K X-Reality PRO
- Wide Modes
- Wide Zoom
- Normal/Full1/Full2 for PC
- With Stand
- Height: 30.25"
- Width: 57.625"
- Depth: 16"
- Without Stand
- Height: 29.5"
- Width: 57.625"
- Depth: 4"
- With Stand:76 lbs
- Without Stand: 73 lbs
- Shipping: 88.2 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer): 18 Months Limited
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above for details