Polk Audio SurroundBar 9000 Instant Home Theater, Model SURROUNDBAR9000
One of the major benefits of flat-panel TVs is their size. Often less than a few inches deep, they take up little space and can even be hung on a wall. But with that diminutive depth comes one major drawback: the integrated speakers are usually weak, often offering subpar sound quality. The Polk Audio SurroundBar 9000 Instant Home Theater solves that problem without the addition of a complicated A/V receiver or bulky home theater speakers. With just two pieces—the soundbar and a wireless Polk subwoofer—the SurroundBar 9000 fills your room with cinema-quality sound, and maintains the minimalist aesthetic of today's TVs.
Getting the Polk Audio SurroundBar 9000 ready to rock is a simple affair. Keyhole slots on the back of the soundbar make for easy wall mounting, and at just 2 ¼ inches deep, it fits well under most any wall-mounted LCD or plasma TV. If your TV is perched on its pedestal, removable rubber feet let the SurroundBar 9000 rest steadily on a TV stand. The wireless subwoofer can be placed anywhere within 50' of the SurroundBar. Once plugged in, a single optical cable relays all audio information from your TV and its connected components. And since the wireless subwoofer comes synched with the soundbar right out of the box, that's all you'll need to do to start enjoying clear, powerful sound from the Polk Audio SurroundBar 9000 Instant Home Theater.
Setup may be simple, but the SurroundBar 9000 is no technological slouch. Behind the sleek grill hide a total of eight drivers, each powered by a dedicated amplifier channel. Five 2.5" mid-range speakers pump out the majority of sounds, while a trio of 1/2" silk-dome tweeters sing with bright, clear highs. The low end is taken care of by the 8" downward firing wireless subwoofer, filling the room with booming bass. Advanced Digital Signal Processing, combined with Dolby Digital & DTS decoding, helps the SurroundBar 9000 replicate the realism of a complete surround sound system. The Optimized Center Array design uses all five of the mid-range speakers to put out center channel information, so movie dialogue never gets lost under the sound of background noise. All of these technologies, and more, contribute to making the Polk Audio SurroundBar 9000 Instant Home Theater an easy-to-use system with an audio experience that rivals multi-speaker surround sound setups, without the extra cost, complicated setup and tangle of wires that come with.
- 8-channel Amplifer Each of the five mid-bass drivers and each of the three
tweeters is driven by its own dedicated amplifier channel for greater dynamic
range and clarity
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) This is the most powerful DSP ever incorporated
into any of our SurroundBars and is capable of 160MIPS (millions of instructions
per second!!). DSP packs an incredible amount of processing power into a small
space, controling delay, frequency shaping, crossover points, signal mixing
and parametric compression
- Optimized Center Array (OCA) This is an amplitude tapered array design that
uses all five mid-bass drivers to contribute to center channel performance.
The result is unprecedented clarity and intelligibility of center channel
information over a wide listening area. Everyone hears natural sounding, clear
dialog, while musical instruments and center-channel effects are anchored
to the screen
- Dolby Digital & DTS Decoding both optical inputs can decode and reproduce
Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 program material. Many bars can decode 5.1 but
can only reproduce it as 2-channel stereo. The SurroundBar 9000 IHT plays
back all discrete channels as intended for optimal surround performance and
- Full Complement Bass (FCB), which is a feature of the bar and not the subwoofer
as you might suspect, works in the 80Hz-200Hz range, where most instruments
and voices gain their richness. FCB is based on the idea of several smaller
drivers working together to create the effects of a much larger one. Here
the five drivers create an equivalent surface of a 5-1/4” mid-bass driver.
The effect is that the lower midrange and upper bass have a richer tonal quality
and speedier transient response
- Polk’s patented SDA surround technology creates a broad, deep and tall
sound field that extends along the side walls and overhead with a high degree
of specificity. You hear a vivid 5-channel sound field from a single source;
no rear speakers or special room characteristics are required
- Polk Digital Logic®, a proprietary DSP program, controls our SDA surround
technology to an even finer level, ensuring strong image localization cues
and a greater sense of ambience and space no matter the shape of the room
- Enclosure and grille the SurrounBar’s enclosure is a combination of
ABS and polymethyl methacrylate (Plexiglass), which adds extra rigidity, torsional
strength and higher damping factor. This makes the enclosure more acoustically
inert and less resonant. The grille frame is a single molded piece wrapped
with cloth. And as with high-end loudspeakers, the grille has no lattice work
in front of any of the drivers or tweeters to ensure dispersion is unimpeded
- Dual tuned-port enclosure design optimizes the realistic blending of mid-range
drivers with the wireless subwoofer, for more dynamic performance throughout
- Touch-sensitive keypad controls are easily accessible on the bar
- SmartBar™ programming enables the SurroundBar 9000 IHT to easily learn
volume up/down and mute from your existing TV IR remote control. You’ll
use only one remote for the SurroundBar and your TV (backup remote included)
- Shallow design (just 2 1/4-inches deep) complements today’s high performance
flat panel TVs
- Installs anywhere easily, with simple secure built-in keyhole slots
- Easy plug-and-play connections, with no complex setup or calibration needed.
The SurroundBar and subwoofer come from the factory already paired. They work
together right out of the box
- Four source inputs, including two optical audio inputs. Plays all digital
source material, including DD5.1, DTS5.1. Includes 6-foot optical cable for
the quickest, easiest, highest performance connections
- Compact 150 Watt wireless subwoofer features 8-inch poly-composite Dynamic
Balance® woofer and flared J-port for big bass with low distortion
- Lossless wireless technology means you can put the wireless subwoofer anywhere
within 50-feet of your SurroundBar 9000 IHT and experience the thrill of cinema-level
- Energy Star certified
- Diameter: 8" (20.32cm)
- Type: Downward firing long-throw woofer with J-port
- Diameter: 1/2" (1.27cm)
- Quantity: 3
- Type: Silk dome
- Mid / Woofer: Five 2.5 convex dome
- Total Frequency Response: 40Hz-22kHZ
- Lower -3dB Limit: 45Hz Hz
- Upper -3dB Limit: 20kHz kHz
- Inputs: Two optical; two 1/8" analog
- Total System: Power 510: 45 x8 channels; 150W subwoofer watts
- 6' digital (optical) cable
- 1/8" to 1/8" analog cable
- 1/8" female to dual RCA male adapter
- Two removable rubber feet
- Adjustable along the bar's length
- Height: 13-1/2"
- Width: 12"
- Depth: 13-1/2"
- Height: 3-3/4"
- Width: 44-5/8"
- Depth: 2-1/4"
- Subwoofer: 8 lbs
- Shipping: 41 lbs
- Manufacturer Warranty (authorized online retailer):
- 3 Year Speaker Warranty
- 1 Year Subwoofer Amplifier Warranty
- Extended Service Warranty Available: Click the warranty tab above